She's The New Girl In Town

A best friend's lies, and a boyfriend's broken heart.

~Chapter Fifteen~

I wonder what was Zack’s problem earlier. He seemed really…pissy.
If there is something wrong with him, I’m gonna find out. But for right now, I’m gonna watch how he acts.
I watch how he acts during English and Chemistry, and he seems to be upset. He won’t talk to me or Matt.
I’m pretty sure he’s still really jealous about my relationship with Matt. And I know it hurts him to watch us be together, but there’s plenty more girls out there. Although, I still feel so bad that I’m hurting him like this. When we go down to lunch, I wait for Matt to get here. Zacky sits down next to me, and pokes my arm.
“Yes, Zack?” I ask, hoping he’ll tell me what’s the matter.
“I have something to tell you.” he says.
“And what’s that?”
“Matt told me that he only wants you for…you know, sex.”
I raise my eyebrows at that.
“And you know this how?” I ask.
“He told me. He called me one day and said this. I was shocked, because I told him that if he didn’t treat you right, he’d regret it.”
Should I believe him? Matt wouldn’t use me like that.
“I’ll ask him myself.” I say.
“Alright.”
When Matt comes over to our table, I stand up and stop him.
“I need to talk to you for a minute.” I say.
“Um…ok.” he says.
We go out of the cafeteria, and go over in a corner.
“What’s up, babe?” he asks.
“Zacky told me that you told him that you only want me for sex. Is that true?” I ask.
“What?! NO!” he yells, freaking out.
“Ok ok. He just sounded really convincing, and I was hoping it wasn’t true.”
He cups my face, looking into my eyes.
“He’s boldface lying to you. Casey, you know I love you. You mean more to me than you think, and I’m pretty sure Zacky only said that to you because he wants you to break up with me.”
“I know he’s upset that we’re together, but this is going too far…”
“It is. And if I have to talk to him, I will.”
“Ok. But please…don’t hurt him anymore than me already is.”
“I won’t.” he says, and pecks my lips.
We go back over to our table, and Zacky glares up at Matt.
“You better not have lied to her…” he growls.
“Zack, I don’t know where the hell you’re getting this from, but you know that I’m not using Casey for anything.” Matt says.
“Stop lying.”
“I’m not!”

“Casey, he told me that he’s using you. Believe me.” Zacky says.
I cross my arms, and look at both of them. I know Matt, and I know he wouldn’t use me. At least…I don’t think he would.
“Matt wouldn’t use me like that, Zack.” I say.
“How would you know? You’ve only known him for a few months! I’ve known him for years! He’s a slimy, scheming wretch. And you don’t believe me?”
I look over at Matt, and sigh. I don’t know if I should believe him, or if I should believe Zack. He has known Matt for years, and I’ve only known him for a short time. And Matt also looks like the kind of guy who would do such a thing to a girl…
“Matt?” I ask.
“Yes?” he asks.
“Are you lying to me right now?”
“Of course not!” he says, almost shouting.
“Honestly, you look like the kind of person who would use a girl like that. So…I don’t know.”
That last statement looks like it hurt him more than I thought it would…
“You really think that about me?” he asks, looking so upset.
“Kind of.”
He looks down for a while, then looks back up at me.
“Casey…I’m not like that. I swear. I’m not using you, I promise. I would never ever do that you. Please believe me.”
I sigh again.
“I can’t.”
His facial expression turns shocked.
“W-What? Why?” he asks.
“Because I think you’re lying to me. I’m sorry, Matt. But I can’t be with you, with the thought of you using me like Zacky says.” I say.
Next thing I know, the tears start spilling down his cheeks. That’s something I hate seeing.
I want to say something, but the words just won’t come.
“C-C-Casey…” he stutters.
I sigh for the third time, and start walking away. I completely lost my appetite.
“Casey, wait!” Matt calls after me.
I turn around, and he’s already behind me.
“Stop, please! I’m not using you, I swear! I promise you, I would never do that to you! Casey, I love you so much! Just please don’t leave!” he shouts, crying.
The tears sting in my eyes, but I find the courage to turn back around and walk away.
I take one look back, and I see Matt on his knees, crying hysterically.
What have I just done?

**Zacky’s POV**

You know, it’s never made me so happy to see my best friend in so much pain. As evil as it sounds to say that, it’s true. That whole story I told Casey about Matt only using her? I made it up. And it actually worked! I never thought I’d go this far just to make Casey break up with Matt, but I did. Now Matt can feel the same pain I did, seeing me with someone he loves, because soon I’m going to ask Casey out. But for now, I think I’ll just sit back and watch everything with an evil little smirk on my face…

Matt stands up, wipes his eyes, and turns around. He viscously glares at me, and stomps over.
“This is all YOUR fucking fault!” he yells.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I say, still smirking.
“Oh, my ass, you bitch!”
“Temper, temper…”
His face turns slightly red with raw anger.
“You just fucking made me lose the best fucking thing that’s ever happened to me!”
“Your point?”
He scowls, and clenches his fist.
“You don’t fucking get it do you? Are you that fucking selfish that you’ll do anything to make me lose her?”
“Yep!” I say, and grin.
“But listen dude, you’re just pissed because she believed me over you. Don‘t you think that shows that I could treat her better than you ever could? And I wasn‘t even with her.” I tell him.
I almost bust out laughing at the tears that just came down his face. He starts shaking, and I stand up.
“Suck it up, you fucking pansy.” I say.
He almost punches me, but I stop his fist in my hand.
“Don’t even try.”
I walk away, just leaving him there.
Ya know what? I don’t feel even an ounce of guilt from this. Actually, I feel like I could do anything right now. What a great feeling…
I go upstairs to find Casey sitting in a chair in the lobby, crying. Now’s my chance to comfort her so she’ll fall for me.
“Hey, Casey.” I say, and sit next to her.
She wipes her eyes, and looks up at me.
“Hi.” she barely says.
“You ok?” I ask.
“No…”
“You don’t need him. You’re better than him.”
“But I love him, Zack! I love him so much!” Yeah, but I could get you to love me even more. Just watch.
“I know. But there are plenty more guys out there who could treat you so much better.” For example, me.
“I don’t care…”
When I’m about to hug her, I see Matt walking up the hallway. Oh great.
I hug Casey tightly, and she hugs back.
Matt looks over at us, and gets a really hurt look on his face. I smirk at him, and give him the finger.
He turns away, going somewhere else. It’s about time…



What an exciting day this was! I never thought I could accomplish all this, but I actually did. That’s something good for me…Now all I need to do is invite Casey over, kiss her, then ask her out.
When school gets out, Casey and I walk home together.
“So Casey, do you want to come over my house?” I ask.
“Sure.” she says. Excellent.
Once we get to my house, I go in my kitchen to talk to my parents.

**End of POV**

**Casey’s POV**

My day absolutely sucks! I broke up with Matt because of what Zacky told me, and now I’m at his house. He’s in the kitchen, talking to his parents. I’m about to go in the living room, when I hear my name being mentioned in their conversation. As much as I don’t want to listen in on what their talking about, I do it anyway. I stand next to the kitchen doorway, listening.

“Mom, you’ll never believe what I did today…” Zack says to his mom.
“And what’s that, sweetie?” she asks.
“I told Casey that Matt was only using her for sex, and she actually believed me and broke up with him! Can you believe it?”
“Why would you do that?”
“Because! I can tell you that I want to be with Casey more than Matt does, so…why not try and get her to fall for me?”
“That’s so evil, Zack!” she says, looking upset.
“Psh, oh well! It worked, so…” I say, triumphantly.
I can’t believe this! I broke up with Matt all over a lie! Oh my God!
Zacky comes back in. I can’t believe he would do something like that to me!
“Hey…you wanna go up to my room?”
“How could you?” I ask.
“What?”
“You fucking lied to me! You made me break up with Matt for a fucking LIE! I hate you!” I yell, and storm out. I hurt Matt for NOTHING! Absolutely NOTHING! I’m such a horrible person!
I walk all the way up to Matt’s house, and find him sitting on his front steps, crying. He’s holding something in his hand. I wonder what it is.
I get closer to him, and see that it’s a knife. Holy shit, is he cutting himself?!
I see some blood trickling down his arm. Oh no!
“Matthew!” I yell.
He looks up, startled.
“What the fuck are you doing?!”
He look down, and I snatch the knife from him.
“Don’t you EVER do this to yourself!” I yell.
“Since when do you care?” he asks.
“Because I LOVE you! Zacky was lying, I overheard him talking to his mom about it! Matt, I’m so sorry!” I say.
“You believed him over me…”
“I know I did, babe. I know. And I regret that more than you’ll ever know. Forgive me?”
“Of course. I thought you’d never come to your senses.” he says, with a small smile.
“I love you.” I say, and hug him.
“I love you too.” he says, sounding relieved.
“Don’t ever let me see that again.” I say, pointing to the cuts on his arm.
“I promise, I won’t do it again.”
“Good.”
“I only did it because I thought I lost you for good…And I couldn’t bear the thought of that.” he says.
“You almost did…and that would’ve been my fault. I’m so sorry.”
“Don’t be, it’s ok. Let’s just pretend that this never happened, and move on.”
“Agreed.” I say, and kiss him. He smiles against my lips.

What a twisted day…But I’m happy it ended well.