Status: Active.

She Just Might Get You Lost

Ikea.

“So which one do you like?”

Tom stood in the middle of Ikea with Chloe on a Saturday afternoon, staring at silver piping. It was his day off from the set, and it was decided he was going to renovate his flat.

Looking at the two faucets, he turned back to his friend, “they both look exactly the same. I don’t really think I can dignify that question with an answer.”

“Oh, c’mon Tom. You said you wanted to remodel that drab flat of yours and you are too much of a hermit that you won’t make a single change!”

“Sometimes- change isn’t so good. You know, I think I might just.. keep it the way it is.” Chloe let out a low growl and stalked off, Tom falling into pace with her.

“One of these days you’ll want to remodel, and you won’t have the Chloe Henderson to help you do it.”

“With all your expertise in the business and such,” he joked, slinging an arm loosely over her shoulders. “How’s your flat? Is it as great as mine?”

“Actually, its wonderful. I met all my neighbors and- a new one just moved in. She’s an American.”

“One of those, eh?”

Ignoring the less than enthusiastic Tom, Chloe smiled broadly, “Her name is Poppy Gray. Sounds so dramatic, doesn’t it? I find Americans fascinating.”

Tom dropped his arm and peered into a store window, “like watching bambi learn to walk,” he mumbled sarcastically, earning a light slap on the arm from Chloe.

“Don’t be an ass. She is actually rather sweet. I’m taking her under my wing.”

“How very ‘big brother’ of you. What exactly does this mean?”

“Well..-” Tom turned to her and shook his head.

“No, you can’t do that anymore! Not again.”

“Oh please Tom! She needs a job, and she’s well equipped in the fashion biz, anyways.”

“Last time I allowed you to hire a friend to work on set, she injured a stuntman.”

“That was different. Jen was on an emotional rollercoaster, it wasn’t her fault she bowled over that tosser.” Chloe studied her friends face, “please Tom? Last favor I ask of you- ever.”

He laughed, “well now we both know that’s not true. And the answer is still no.”

As he glanced over a menu for their lunch, Chloe was smiling sweetly. This wasn’t the end of it.

---

“Please be careful with that! It used to belong to my Grandmother.”

Poppy was running around frantically, ordering around movers in the most gentle way she could. And in all the craziness, she heard a bang in the kitchen. Rushing downstairs, it was just Lance. He has chosen the window above the kitchen sink as his entry.

Widening his arms he smiled, “’ello, puppet! Wanted to see how the move was going.”

Poppy fussed with her bangs, “going- not so great. I don’t think I even have enough furniture to fill this place.”

“Rookie mistake. I see we’ll just have to take a little trip to GG.”

“I’m sorry?”

“Graham and Green. Oh puppet, you’re oh-so-horrifically American.” She blushed as he hopped off the counter. “Well as soon as your done with the move-in fiaso, drop by next door, and we’ll go out for some shopping and a little dinner.”

“Sounds great.” She cringed at a loud thud from upstairs, “I have to get back, see you in a few hours?”

Lance was just about to hop back outside, “you know where to find me.”

---

“I find this delightful,” Lance bounced up and down on a neon green ottoman. “For the living room?”

“Think I’ll pass on that one. What about this?” Poppy pointed to a velvet blue tufted couch.

“Scandalous color, Puppet. I love it,” just as Lance was about to sit down- something caught his eyes. Pointing to a scarlet red duvet he winked, “for the bedroom?”

She shook her head, “I’m not that risqué.”

“Really? I would have never guessed!” He sat himself down on the couch as Poppy crashed down beside him. “Have you had a boyfriend?”

“Yes- three.”

“Well look out London!”

“Shut it. They were all very nice, all the breakups were- mutual.”

Lance narrowed his brown eyes, “so they were all gits, weren’t they?”

“What? No, they were all very nice-” Lance tilted his head to test her. After a few seconds, her smile faded. “Yes, they were all egotistical assholes,” she muttered quietly.

“I’m afraid you’ll see a lot of that here, mate. Everyone in London thinks they’re somebody, when few actually are.”

“I’m not looking for anyone right now, anyways.” Poppy bounced on the couch, “so crisis averted, right?”

“You Americans can be so blind.” She pretended to look offended before she laughed, “you don’t look for love. It comes and steals your heart whether you like it or not.”

“Touching sentiment, Lance. I’m surprised.”

He squinted his eyes, “well most people are. I’m a very sentimental sort of guy.”

It was quiet for a moment as they most bounced to test the couch’s comfort, “I really like this sofa.”

“I’m in love with it as well.”

Both standing up, Poppy flagged over a sales employee. “Say it all you want, Lance. Love is currently residing at the bottom of my list.”

And as the worker led Poppy towards the register, Lance stood there dumbfounded before following the two. “You have a list?”

---

“Well this is a charming place,” Poppy ran her eyes over the little pizza shop they sat in.

“Stick with me Puppet, and your golden.” She looked up from her menu and gave a approving smile.

“Sorry, sorry I’m late!” They bother turned to see Chloe making a speedy walk to them. She knelt down and hugged Poppy, “I was at lunch with a friend then napped for eternity. Hello dear.”

Lance raised an eyebrow. “Which friend would this be?”

“Oh, he is an actual friend.” Chloe scanned through the menu before shutting it quickly and turning to the new girl.

“I almost forgot! Poppy Gray.” She addressed the girl.

“Chloe Henderson?”

“Guess what I did today.”

“You went to lunch with a friend than took a na-”

“No, well- besides that.”

“I have no idea. Mind filling us in?” Lance asked impatiently.

“Well, Poppy- I have landed you a job.”

Poppy almost choked on her pizza as her eyes widened, “what?! Where?”

“Well, as you know I work in make-up on-”

“The set of Harry Potter.” Lance interjected. Chloe gave him a funny look.

“And I’m friends with-”

“A lot of the cast.”

“Lance! Let me finish my damn sentence.” He made a hissing noise before returning back to his pizza. “So, I talked to my friend today, and he said he’d be more than happy to have you join the crew- as a stylist.” Now Chloe knew very well that this was a total lie. But Poppy didn’t.

As it sunk in, Poppy couldn’t stop smiling. “thank you thank you thank you!” she repeated, hugging her new friend tightly.

Little did she know- Poppy Gray wasn’t the least bit wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
took a little break, back now :]

Songs I've Been Listening to.

Kings and Queens- 30 Seconds to Mars

Pull My Heart Away- Jack Penate
AMAZING SONG.= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Zi4AyzRC4