Dreamcatcher

1: D

My mother wanted to go somewhere. My father wanted to stay. I don't know why I really left with mom, she and I don't really get along. But then again, neither does dad and I. We all have our differences, but we have a lot.

So mom threw us two on the plane to England and high tailed my ass here. To a small little bluff where we were eating boring sandwiches and staring at locals. Or 'people watching'.

My name is Gabrielle Brookmend. I'm twenty-one, and living with my parents in the summer before I come back to England for my year at Oxford. Well for now, mom and I were living in England for the summertime. I personally didn't mind it. She, however, never wanted to go.

My boyfriend who also is going to Oxford for a year of college is with us. Fantastic right? Not really. The relationship has long been overdue a good breakup, but I still kind of loved him, so there was no chance since he says he's still in love with me.

Thankfully, today, it was just my mom and I.

I stand up to go look over the cliff, little did I know that the reason look over from afar is because of the slipperiness of the rocks and the gravel. I took another quick step towards the curdling waters beneath me.

And of course, I slipped and was soon dangling from the rocks.

A scream erupted from my throat and I held on for dear life to the top of a sturdy rock, but with nothing able to pull me back up with my feet, I dangled.

"Help me! HELP ME!" I screamed. I didn't dare look down, tears rolling out of my eyes I let out another scream of 'help me' and I felt the constant rain that was here start to make my hand slippery.

Suddenly, a face was staring down at me. My eyes widened in terror, but then I saw it was just a man, about my age maybe a year older trying to grab my hands. I quickly grabbed onto him and he started to pull me up.

He lifted me with ease out of the rocky danger beneath me and pulled me over the edge and I fell right on top of him. I was muttering thank yous over and over again and he just chuckled as every clapped at his heroic effort.

"And that is why we don't get so close." He chuckled again and I saw a familiarity in his face. And I also came to notice how he truly looked. Moppy blonde hair, bright blue green eyes and a smile to kill for. He was undoubtedly handsome.

Sparks erupted from my fingertips as I still clutched his neck as he moved us into a sitting position on his lap. He moved my hair from my face and lightly tucked it behind my ear.

"What's your name?" He asks me quietly. A heavy british accent flowing from his highly kissable lips.

"Gabby, Gabby-"

"GABRIELLE ELIZABETH BROOKMEND! Could you be any more stupid or do I have to enroll you into a special school for idiots!?" Oh god. My mother.

I quickly jump off of he and look up at my mother in disguest.

"I just slipped, mother."

"Of course you did. You fall off of everything! Chairs, bridges, seats of all kinds, and now cliffs?" It seems as then that my mother actually noticed the man who saved my life, "And you, thank you so very much for helping my daughter's incompetance."

"I should be around more often. It seems as though you need a hero." He gives us both that charming smile that saved me from panicking to death out there.

"Well that is quite sweet, but I'm sure her boyfriend would have problems with that." Of course.

Brandon. Brandon was my boyfriend and mother loves him.

"I should've figured a girl of your beauty would have such a boyfriend." He says and I swear to god my face turns beet red.

"You are quite charming. Why don't you join us for dinner tonight?" Mother asks, and I see her guard slowly coming down to him. And I didn't blame her, he was a great guy, and extremely handsome.

"I don't think I caught your name..." I stare into his eyes and he smiles again, making my whole body melt under his gaze.

"Alex Pettyfer."

Shit. A movie star?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I finally gave in. I have been dyingto do a story bout him.