Dreamcatcher

3. E

We cleaned ourselves up, and returned to our seats. We had hidden smiles on our faces, only we knew what had happened. My heart was still racing as we sat down. My mother and Brandon barely noticed that we had been gone for so long. It had been twenty minutes, and our food had been ordered.

Our food came, and we all ate in silence.

"Excuse me, Ms. Brookmend?" Alex says. Mother looks away from Brandon and deeply into Alex's eyes.

"Yes?" She asks, a bit starstruck at his beauty. I still was. His hand was lightly covered over mine and his thumb traced my palm.

"I would like to take Gabrielle in my car, it is only a few blocks away. I could give her a lift back to the house you are staying at. Then it wouldn't be so crammed in the taxi again." Alex smiles simply and mother already has given in.

"Yes, yes. Of course you can. Is that alright with you, Brandon?" Mother asks. Dammit. Brandon hates the idea of another guy around me. And I could see it on his face.

"If it's alright with Gabrielle, then it is alright with me. I don't want her to do something she doesn't want to do." Brandon looks at me tightly, almost willing me to say yes just so he can get angry.

"I'm fine with it. Thank you, Alex. That's very kind of you." I smile up at him and he smiles back, his eyes sparkling.

The dinner ended quickly, and Alex rushed me out of the restaurant before I could say goodbye to Brandon and my mother. But I didn't care. I felt so young again. I didn't feel like I was turning twenty in the fall, or that I was doing something completely reckless with a guy I don't know. We ran down the street, him pulling me through the people who screamed things that only he would be able to understand.

When we reached his apartment, he pulled me inside and closed the door, locking it. Alex turns on the lights and color floods into the room. My heart pounds in my chest and I look at him. He walks over to me and cups my face.

"That wasn't just random sex for me, Gabby. That was something meaningful, something that meant a lot to me. I don't do that. I almost never do that. There's just something about you... something about the way we act around each other." Alex says quickly. His eyes scanning mine for anything I could have regret, when he realizes I don't, he smiles.

"Like magnets." I mutter. He nods.

"You move, I move."

I lean in quickly and so does he, our lips meeting in the middle. It was passionate, and it rocked me to the core. I felt my stomach heave in and out as he pressed me against the wall. I felt my body melt around his and him consume me everywhere. It was heaven, and I was floating in his body.

We just kissed this time, and slowly pulled away from each other.

"I'm in love with you. I don't knwo how it's possible, but I feel it. And don't tell me that you don't feel it too." Alex whispers, his breath so sweet against my face.

"I love you too."

And that was it. I was fucked for life. Knowing that i could love Alex with all my heart, my mother still trying to get me to marry Brandon, and Brandon trying to get me to love him again. It was so awful to keep, and too painful to let go.

But I couldn't stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
© Copyright 2010 IrishGirlie9