I Saw Your Heart as It Overtook Me

Sometime Your Past Catches Up

I sat all by myself in one of the clubs VIP booths, gazing down at the dance floor, looking for my boyfriend. Vibrations from the music blasting in ears seemed to arouse the various types of alcohol in my system, causing me to become slightly dizzy.

"Damn you Matt." I mumbled under my breath, resting my head on my arms folding in front of me on the table.

He said he'd be right back but that was what ... half an hour ago? I didn't know because as the alcohol started to consume more and more of my mind I seemed to lose track of time.

I felt my subconscious state of mind trying to pull me closer to it and away from the noisy night club. Although I tried my hardest to fight it off, I closed my eyes. Soon, the rhythmic beating of the bass line seemed to fade away a bit, as did most other sounds around me, and my hearing was much similar to that of when you were underwater; muffled, blurry, and imprecise.

Just as I was slipping off into what was most likely going to be a deep sleep I felt an arm wrap around my waist, pulling my body closer to theirs.

"Baby, are you going to sleep already?" They asked.

"Where ... you ... but ... " I mumbled incoherently, opening an eye in an attempt to focus on Matt sitting beside me.

"What?" He laughed, pulling me onto his lap. "Here, drink this." He instructed, pressing what felt like a shot glass to my lips.

I downed the ice cold substance, which soon turned to fire when it came in contact with the back of my throat, burning as it slid down my esophagus and into my stomach. I instantly felt wide awake. Damn, talk about a fucking picker upper.

Matt laughed at the look on my face and he held me tighter to his body as he made himself more comfortable on the leather seat.

"What the hell was that?" I asked, coughing a bit because the back of my throat was still burning.

"It's called a morpheme shot." He said whispered into my ear before placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Ah ... I've heard about those." I said, resting my head on his chest.

The steady sound of his heart beating in his chest brought a smile to my face for some reason. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders letting one of my hands slide aimlessly through his dark brown hair.

"Baby, what took you so long at the bar?" I asked quietly.

"Oh, I got sidetracked." He replied.

Sidetracked? What did he mean by 'sidetracked?' He must have read my thoughts through the questioning look I was giving him because he let out a little laugh.

"Johnny was picking a fight with some dude that was twice his size so I had to go rescue him." Matt replied, grinning slightly at the thought.

"Geesh, you didn't fuck the guy up too bad did you?" I asked sarcastically.

"You know I'm not a violent person babe."

I stifled a laugh because we all know what Matt was capable of once you got the man worked up.

Ceasing my hand from wandering through his hair I placed it at the back of his head, pulling him down for a kiss. I smirked slightly when I felt him run his tongue softly across my bottom lip, and pressed my lips tighter together.

"Bitch." He mumbled, his lips still pressed to mine. "Open up."

I shook my head the best I could without breaking the kiss, knowing the longer I made him wait the better the real kiss would be. As he ran his tongue across my bottom lip once again (a lot more roughly than the first time mind you) I felt his nails digging into my exposed skin just above my hip bone.

This time I parted my lips, letting his tongue slide in to roam free inside my mouth. He moved his tongue here and there, as if he were searching it for something, and then slowly started to massage my tongue with his.

I felt an urge to grin as his tongue traced it's way around my tongue ring, but seeing how it's extremely hard to smile into an open mouthed kiss, I didn't.

I shifted my body a bit as one he removed one of his hands from my hip and slowly slipped it underneath my dark blue denim miniskirt. The touch of his soft fingers slowly inching their way along my inner thigh sent a chill down my spine, causing me to arch my back a bit.

"Dude, you two horn dogs cut that out ... We're in public." A voice scolded.

Although Matt quickly removed his hand from underneath my skirt he continued on with the kiss, slowly pulling away maybe fifteen seconds later. I gave him another quick peck on the lips before I looked around the booth, finding that my brother, Amber, Lissa, and Syn had joined us at the booth.

Zacky had a rather 'disturbed' look on his face as he tried to avoid eye contact with me while everybody else was grinning at us.

"Dude, you two have only been together for what ... two days and already you're acting like you've been together for years." Lissa laughed, taking a drink of her Hypnotic.

"Actually, we've been together for three days." Matt jokingly corrected her.

"Oh, whoa, my bad."

I sighed and sat there playing with Matt's hands as the guys started to talk about the recording for their new record. A couple minutes went by and they started to get into a little mini argument as to what they were gonna do and when they were gonna do it.

I glanced over and saw Amber, who was sitting next to Zacky with his arm draped around her shoulders, shaking her head slightly, while Lissa had her arm propped up on the table, her chin resting in her hand, rolling her eyes.

"Fine. You two fucking just go off and do whatever the hell it is you guitar fags do." Matt said angrily, waving one of his hands as if he were trying to shoo them off.

And men say that chicks are the ones always being overdramatic ...

I grabbed a hold of Matt's hand he was waving around and placed it back on my lap while he mumbled some inaudible words under his breath.

"Baby, come dance with me." I said, knowing that all he needed was to go and chill out for a couple minutes.

"I don't feel like dancing." He mumbled, still glaring across the table to Zacky and Syn.

"Suit yourself, I'll take my other loves then." I replied, sliding off his lap and scooted down the bench, staggering a bit as I pulled myself to my feet.

"Er, maybe you should just stay here babe." Matt said, grabbing a hold of my arm to steady me.

"Naw, I wanna go dance. Let's roll out ladies." I said, looking around Lissa and Amber, who seemed to have disappeared from the booth.

"Actually, we're just waiting for you." Lissa said from behind me.

Damn, I guess I was a little more tipsy than I thought.

"Oh, okay, let's go boogie."

Clubbing is pretty much the only time I listen to rap music. I loved the way the beats had the perfect timing for me to move my body to. Unfortunately, thanks to the alcohol running through my system, it was pretty hard for me to control my body movements at all let alone moving them in time to a beat.

I was dancing in between Lissa and some sweaty dude (Amber was swept away by my brother shortly after we got onto the dance floor) when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I glanced down, instantly recognizing them to belong to Matt.

"I thought you didn't feel like dancing." I said, leaning back into his body.

"Mmm ... I saw you shaking your stuff and I suddenly felt like it." He whispered in my ear, gently biting the top of it.

He turned me around so that I was facing him and it wasn't long until we got into our 'dirty dance.' I gasped a bit as he grabbed my ass firmly and pulled me closer to him so that my crotch came in full contact with his boner.

I felt my breathing becoming unsteady as he twisted his hips, grinding himself harder against me.

"Matt." I breathed, digging my nails into his shoulders. "N-not now. Wait 'til we get home."

"But." He protested, frowning in frustration.

I bit my lip, shaking my head.

"Ugh, fine." He sighed, backing away from me and grabbed a hold of my hand to lead me over to where Johnny was sitting at the bar.

"Here Johnny, I'll let you dance with Lauren since it's your birthday and all." Matt mumbled, pushing me a bit into Johnny, making him spill some of his drink.

"I ... " Johnny trailed off, looking after Matt's retreating back as he made his way towards the bathrooms. "Er ... What's wrong with him?"

I shook my head, grabbing a hold of Johnny's hand to lead him onto the dance floor.

"Let's just say he felt the pressure building up inside of him and he had to go relieve himself." I said as we started grinding to Lil Jon's 'I Don't Give A Fuck.'

"Whoa ... Cheating on Matt already?" Someone asked.

I turned around and saw Jimmy flashing me a drunken smile as he was basically being held up by Alyssa.

"Oh yeah, you know, once a slut, always a slut." I grinned.

Alyssa let out a laugh, despite the weight she was holding up, and led Jimmy over towards the bar. Not to get another drink ... Just because it was the closest place for him to have a seat.

Before long, the song ended and Johnny headed back up to our booth while I headed over to the bar to grab us some water. Dude, it gets pretty damn hot out there on the dance floor you know.

I struggled somewhat pushing myself past the mob and just when I thought I had cleared the pack I ran headfirst into some dude.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I blushed, trying to step to the side and continue my way but they grabbed a hold of my arm.

I looked up at him, about ready to throw some vicious remarks at him but stopped once I saw who it was. I stood there with my mouth hanging open slightly, staring up at him.

"Lauren?" He asked.

"Ch-Chase?" I stuttered.

"Wow, so this is where you disappeared to." He said, letting a smile slowly spread across his face. "I was wondering where you were."

I felt my body start to tremble as he ran a couple fingers down the side of my face.

"I take it you're surprised to see me too." He said, smirking at the fear in my eyes.

Without warning his grip on my arm tightened and he led me ... no ... dragged me over to a darkened spot on the edge of the dance floor. I winced a bit in pain as he shoved me into a table, holding me against it with his own body.

"Chase, let me go." I said weakly, trying to wriggle away from him but he wrapped an arm around my body holding me firmly in place.

"And let one of my best clients slip away again?" He asked, cupping my chin with his free hand.

"I-I don't do that anymore." I said weakly.

"Do what? The heroine? Or the cocaine?"

"B-both. Now let me go." I said, managing to pull his hand away from my chin.

"Are you forgetting something sweetie?" He asked, grabbing a firm hold of my chin once more.

I stared blankly up at him although I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"You owe me some money." He said through a smile that didn't make the cold stare in his eyes. "Twelve grand to be exact." He added, finally getting rid of his smile.

"I-I know. I'm working right now and I'll-"

"You can either pay me in cash or ... " He trailed off, moving his hand from my chin to slip it underneath my skirt.

My body started to tremble again as he rubbed me through my underwear.

"Or with your personal favorite ... My personal favorite too, come to think of it."

I felt my eyes start to gloss over as he slipped a couple fingers into me and I closed my eyes to keep the tears from falling.

You're probably wondering why I didn't stop him. Well, the answer to that would be because I knew better than to stop him. Chase Edwards was a man who always had things go his way. And if they didn't go his way in the beginning, he'd find a way to make them go his way.

He was a drug dealer, and the way some spoke of him, he was nothing short of a god. His name was big in the L.A. area, to druggies and police alike, his reputation earning him praise that would have matched that of old time mobsters such as Al Capone and Alvin Karpis.

Everyone knew not to fuck with him because if they did ... you could read about the police discovering their dead bodies in the next morning paper. Scary and sick ... but it's true.

As you might have been able to tell, I was one of Chase's 'favorites.' I got my heroine and coke from him and because I was some hot chick willing to do anything for drugs he allowed me to pay for it in ways others than cold, hard cash.

"Well, the choice is yours babe." He said softly, kissing me gently on my cheek as he pulled his fingers out. "Which ever you chose it'd better be ready in the morning."

The warmth of his body faded as he walked away, leaving me to bury my face in my hands as I slowly slid to the floor, crying to myself. I couldn't believe what had just happened.

Wiping my eyes and pulling myself to my feet, I shoved my way through the dance floor, looking anxiously for Matt. I found him talking to Johnny back in the booth.

"Hey babe." He grinned, looking up at me.

"Hey." I said hesitantly.

"Lauren, what's wrong?" He asked, his grin fading when he caught sight of the tears in my eyes.

"Matt, I wanna go home." I said quietly, as he stood up to wrap me in a hug. "Please."

"But, what happened?" He asked gently, rubbing my back.

"I'll tell you later." I cried softly. "I just wanna get out of here."

"Shh, okay baby, we'll go."

Matt pulled away from me a little so he could reach over and grab my coat, helping me put it on while he told Johnny that we were leaving. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he gently picked me up and packed me towards the entrance of the club.

I shivered a bit as the cold, fall air bit at my bare legs, sending goose bumps down my skin, and clung tighter to Matt.

He didn't say another word until we were halfway to the house ... Oh, I may have forgot to have mentioned that I moved in with him the day that we started going out.

"So what's wrong Lauren?" He asked softly, reaching across the console to lace his fingers with mine.

I sighed, looking out the window.

"I need to come up with $12,000 by the morning." I said quietly.

Luckily we were stopped at a red light because Matt's response was to stare at me, his mouthing hanging slightly open.

"What did you say?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is the sequel to "This Is A Reason For Broken Wings." To better understand the entire story, I suggest you go back and read it before you read this one. Trust me, things will make a lot more sense if you do it that way.