I Saw Your Heart as It Overtook Me

Horrific Sights

I groaned loudly as I felt someone poke me for the hundredth time that morning and rolled onto my back, flinging an arm randomly about to try and hit whoever the hell it was. Finally, I felt my hand make contact with a solid mass, which was followed by a little scream.

"Johnny, what the fuck are you doing here?" I asked, instantly recognizing his scream.

I opened my eyes and saw him sitting beside me on the bed, rubbing his upper arm. I guess that's what my hand had come in contact with.

"Your honey told me to wake you up." He mumbled.

"Dude, it's like the butt crack of dawn." I said sleepily.

"Yeah, I know." He said, sounding a bit saddened by the fact.

"Why on earth are you even up this early, Johnny?" I asked, seeing it was only 7:30 in the morning.

"We go back into the studio today."

"Oh yeah, I forgot."

"Yeah, I'm actually pretty damned psyched but I'm way too tired to even care at the moment."

"Aww, you wanna come cuddle with me Johnny?" I asked, pulling the covers back for him.

"But Matt might beat me up." He said sheepishly.

"Matt knows better than to pick on you now Johnny." I said. "Now come on, I miss cuddling with my cuddle buddy."

"Alright then." Johnny said, kicking off his shoes and crawling in underneath the covers.

"And I won't tell Shawna either." I said, resting my head on his chest. "I'm too scared she's gonna kick my ass."

Johnny let out a little laugh and readjusted himself a little to get a bit more comfortable. We fell silent after that and before long the sound of his soft, steady breathing signaled to me that he was fast asleep.

I sighed a little and closed my own eyes, trying to get back to sleep. However, just as I was on the verge of doing so, the sound of a single pair of footsteps brought me back in tune with the rest of the world. I opened my eyes just in time to see Matt standing there with a very surprised look on his face.

"We have our clothes on." I mumbled, cutting him off before he jumped to any conclusions.

"What-"

"We're cuddling because we're both tired as fuck."

"Oh." Matt said, scratching the back of his neck. "Well, breakfast is ready."

"Baby, it's way too early for breakfast though." I whined.

"Come on, come on, get up and get some food in your stomach." He said, pulling back the covers and gently taking me in his arms. "You're going into the studio with me today."

"But Matt, I'm not feeling too good."

Which was true; my throat was a bit sore and it seriously felt like I was coming own with something.

"Please baby?" Matt asked. "I really want you to go in with me today."

There was no way I could say not to those big, sad puppy dog eyes.

"Alright, I'll go with you." I sighed.

Matt flashed me a smile that made his dimples show and picked me up with ease.

"Aren't you gonna invite Johnny downstairs for breakfast?" I asked as he headed out into the hallway.

"Naw."

I laughed a little bit to myself.

"But you know how Johnny gets pretty crabby when he's hungry." I said.

Matt stopped in his tracks and looked down at me with an expression I couldn't read.

"Yeah, you're right." He said finally, nodding his head in agreement. "I suppose I can invite him down to save us from listening to him whining later on. And plus, I'd really hate to have to knock his ass out on the first day of recording."

I rolled my eyes as Matt set me down and he reached over to give me a quick kiss.

"Everything's all set out on the island." He mumbled against my lips. "I'll be down in a few."

"Okay." I whispered, kissing him gently.

Matt pulled away and smacked my butt playfully before he turned around and headed back into our room. I smiled to myself and shook my head as I headed in the opposite direction, to the stairs. As soon as I got to the bottom of them I heard Johnny let out another one of his little screams, indicating that Matt had waken him up.

What with the thought of having the guys all cooped up in a studio all day, I think it's safe to say it was going to be a long day indeed.

*******************************************

I sat there on the couch listening to Zacky and Syn talk about some guitar part with their producer and wondering how much longer we had to wait around here; we as in me, Amber, and Lissa. I turned my head a little to look at Amber sitting beside me, seeing she was half asleep and before I looked to my other side, seeing Lissa messing around with a rubrics cube.

"Dude, I say we steal one of the guys' cars and head to the nearest Jack in the Box." I proposed.

"Yeah, you grab the pregnant lady and I'll get the keys." Lissa said, tossing the rubrics cube aside and jumping up to dash off across the room.

I laughed a little and turned back to Amber, shaking her gently.

"Yo, what's up?" She asked groggily.

"Come on hun, we're ditching the joint." I said, standing up.

"I can't." She mumbled. "I'm too tired to move. You have to go on without me."

"Are you sure." I laughed.

"Yeah." She yawned. "I'm beat."

"Alrighty, if you say so."

I looked towards the door and saw Lissa dangling Syn's keys in her hand and motioning to the door. I took one last look at Amber and made a mad dash for the door, only to be stopped when a pair of familiar arms wrapped around my waist.

"And where do you think you're going?" Matt whispered into my ear, biting the top of it gently.

"Um ... to the bathroom?"

Matt laughed a little and turned me around in his arms so that I was looking into his vibrant eyes.

"How about we head out to the car?" He asked, giving me his no good smile.

I glanced over at my brother, finding him still deep in conversation with Syn, and turned back to Matt, nodding my head.

"Okay." I grinned.

Matt picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder but soon put me down when he realized I had a miniskirt on and we now showing my lavender underwear off to anybody who was looking ... which happened to be Jimmy and an employee at the studio here.

"My bad baby." He blushed. "I didn't realize how short your skirt was."

I straightened my skirt out and slapped him on the stomach, not too hard and to the point that it hurt, just to the point where it stung a little.

"Come on." I said, lacing my fingers with his and pulling him to the doorway.

Lissa raised an eyebrow at us and I responded by sticking my tongue out at her as we passed. I heard her laughing to herself as Matt and I headed down the hallway. About a minute or two later we were walking out into the bitter winter air, heading across the rather dead looking parking lot to Matt's car.

I coughed a little and cursed in the back of my mind when my nose started to run a little.

"Well, wear clothes next time." Matt teased, taking his sweatshirt off and handing it over to me.

"Wear clothes next time." I mocked childishly as I took the sweatshirt from him and pulled it over my head.

Matt stuck his tongue out at me as he unlocked the car and pulled the back door open. I looked up at him and cocked my head to the side a bit.

"Come on." He said, nudging me a little to get in. "There's no one out here to watch us."

"Matt, we're in the middle of the parking lot thought." I giggled, climbing into the back seat.

"Well, thank God I have tinted windows, now huh?" He smirked, climbing in after me and shutting the door. "Okay, so how are we gonna do thi-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips aggressively to his. Having been caught off guard, it took Matt a couple of seconds before he actually started to kiss me back. He shoved his tongue into my mouth and used it to caress my own tongue while he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. As the kiss started to get a little more heated, my hands found their way up to Matt's soft hair and I managed to grab a handful of it, tugging it slightly.

Matt growled a little from the back of his throat and turned me so that I was now lying with my back flat on the seat and him sitting between my legs. I felt one of his hands holding onto my hip while the other was wandering around down south. I whined a little in protest as Matt broke the kiss and pulled away from me.

"Matt, wh-"

"Shh, just lay back baby." He cooed, giving me a quick kiss.

I bit my lip and nodded my head as he pulled away. He flashed me a little smile before he grabbed a hold of the bottom of my skirt and hitched it up so that it was up by my waist. I felt the chills run up and down my spine as his nails dug a little into my flesh while he gently grabbed a hold of the top of my panties. He hesitated for a couple of seconds before he pulled them off, exposing myself to him.

I closed my eyes and let a little moan escape my lips as his fingers gently wandered over me, almost to the point as if he were just teasing me. But I knew he wasn't; he merely wanted to enjoy every second of this. I felt my toes curl inside my shoes as he slipped a couple fingers inside of me and began to push them in and out, brushing against my spot with ease.

"Oh God Matt." I breathed, arching my back a little in pleasure.

"Shh." He whispered, moving his fingers in and out at a faster pace.

I bit my lip once more and tried my best to keep my moans in but the bliss that was building up inside of me was almost too much to handle.

Suddenly Matt's cell phone started going off in his pocket and he slowly his motions a little, probably debating whether or not to answer it.

"Baby, let it ring." I moaned as he stopped his motions altogether.

"But, I ... " He trailed off, causing me to open my eyes.

I frowned a little to myself as I watched him pull his cell phone out of his pocket and flip it open, holding it to his ear.

"H-Hello?" He stuttered.

I heard someone talking rapidly on the other end but I couldn't distinguish their voice or what on earth they were saying.

"I'm, uh, getting some ... notes in my car." Matt replied. "Um ... n-no, I haven't, uh, seen her."

Matt looked over and locked his eyes with mine. "I, I'll be back in a couple of minutes ... Alright, bye."

Matt hung up his cell and shoved it back into his pocket.

"Your brother." He mumbled, reaching over to press his lips to mine.

"He's already having a little fit because you've been missing in action?" I asked as he broke the kiss.

"Yeah, well, you know Zacky." He said, picking back up on his previous movements.

A little scream instantly found its way through my mouth, having been caught off guard and I reached up, digging my nails into Matt's shoulders as he was still sort of leaned over the top of me.

- || Matt's POV || -
I winced a little as Lauren's nails dug into either of my shoulders and in response I started to shove my fingers deeper inside of her.

"M-Matt." She whimpered. "Baby, I ... " She trailed off, letting another, rather loud moan escape her lips.

I smiled a little to myself and wrapped an arm underneath her back and picked her up, adjusting the other of us and sitting her down so that she was now straddling my lap. She instantly wrapped her arms around my shoulders and clung onto me, mumbling incoherent words under her breath as I pushed her closer and closer to her orgasm.

After I don't know how long, I felt her starting to tighten up around my fingers, indicating she was very close.

Suddenly, without warning the driver side door went flying open.

"Dude, Matt, hurry u-ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" Zacky screamed.

Which in turn caused Lauren to scream at the top of her lungs, having just been caught in the middle of being, well, fingered by me, by her older brother. Which in turn caused Zacky to scream even louder at the harsh reality that he had just been scarred, probably for life, and slam the door shut.

"Damn it Lauren, you should have just stayed home!" Zacky shrieked as he started to run as fast as he could back across the parking lot.

Lauren screamed one more time for God knows what and pulled away from me, frantically trying to pull her panties back on and straighten herself out. I sighed a little to myself and rubbed my ears a little, as if that could stop the ringing I was hearing, and pulled Lauren back into my arms after she straightened herself out.

"Oh God, I'm never gonna face my brother ever again." She said, severely mortified by what had just happened.

"Shush. Sometime you two are gonna look back and laugh at this." I laughed. " ... Sometime, a long time from now." I added.

"Matt, I can't go back in here. I gotta get out of here." She blushed. "And I'm suddenly feeling a lot shitter than I was when I woke up."

"Alright baby, here's the keys." I said, digging them out of my pocket and handing them over to her. "I'll catch a ride home with Jimmy or something. I gotta go back inside."

"Okay baby." She mumbled, taking them from me.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She whispered as I kissed her forehead.

She moved so that I could open the door and get out before climbing out herself.

"Hopefully I'll be home around 6 o'clock or so." I said, giving her a tight hug.

"Alright, see you then." She said quietly as she headed around to the drivers' side.

I stood back as I watched her start the car up and drive off, rather hastily I might add, before I slowly made my way back inside. Of course I received some weird looks from the guys and, er, 'looks' from Zacky. I say 'looks' because honestly I don't know what sort of looks they were. It was a mix between anger, horror, embarrassment, and awkwardness.

I did my best to ignore his 'looks' and I followed our producer back into a room so I could start recording some vocals.

The rest of the day went by rather slow and I couldn't wait to call it a day so I could get back to Lauren and finish up where we left off. Finally, around 7:30, our producer said that was enough work for the day and I hopped in with Jimmy, as did Johnny because I had given him a ride to the studio that morning.

"So." Jimmy said, trying to break the silence that had fallen between us on the drive home. "What was Zacky all freaked out about today?"

"Oh, um ... n-nothing." I stuttered.

"Yeah right." Johnny piped in. "He probably just walked in on you two getting it on."

I felt my face instantly turn red and both he and Jimmy looked to me when I didn't answer right away.

"What? Holy shit, he did?" Jimmy laughed as I buried my face in my hands. "Oh my gosh, that is seriously fucking funny."

"Well, it was, or is, or ... I don't know." I mumbled. "But both Lauren and Zacky were pretty 'horrified' by it."

"They'll get it over." Johnny laughed as Jimmy came to a stop in front of my house.

Johnny and I got out, said our goodbyes and headed for our respectable houses. When I got inside the first thing I noticed was the freakish silence that had settled about the place.

"Lauren?" I called out, walking into the living room to see it deserted. "Baby? Where are you?"

When there was no answer I frowned to myself, wondering where she could be.

"Duh Matt, she's probably taking a nap." I said out loud to myself and I ran up the stairs to our bedroom.

Sure enough I saw Lauren lying there on our bed, tucked underneath our comforter. I took my coat off and set it on top of the dresser before I made my way over to her, sitting beside her on the bed.

"Baby?" I asked, placing my hand on her cheek. "Baby, wake up." I said softly.

When she didn't respond I let out a little sigh. Why was it these Baker's had to be such heavy sleepers?

"Baby, wake up." I repeated, shaking her gently.

Still nothing.

"Lauren, get up." I said, tapping her shoulder.

When she still didn't respond I started to get a little worried.

"Baby? Lauren?" I asked, taking her in my arms. "Shit, baby wake up."

By now my heart was racing in my chest. Why the fuck wasn't she waking up?

"Lauren? Lauren?!" I said, trying anything I could think of to wake her up.

"Oh God, baby, please wake up." I said weakly, clutching onto her.

I swept my eyes around the room, looking to see if there was anything she might have taken that had caused her to get like this, but I found nothing. I swallowed down the lump in my throat and got up, quickly packing Lauren downstairs. I paused for a moment as I grabbed my keys off the counter and I continued on outside to the car. I got Lauren situated in her seat and I shut the door, running off to my side to hop in behind the wheel.

As I started the car up, I couldn't help but let a zillion thoughts run wild through my head. I felt the tears starting to fill my eyes as my gaze caught of Lauren's seemingly lifeless body; the only thing that kept her from completely looking lifeless was the slow, steady rise and fall of her chest. But like I said, it was slow ... agonizingly slow.

Reluctantly I tore my eyes from Lauren and pulled out of the driveway, racing off towards the hospital, praying to God that the one girl I loved with all my heart was going to be okay.
- || End of Matt's POV || -