Status: 30 day challenge

Thirty Times

i want to meet you.

Dear Paulo Coelho,

You are amazing. The words on the back of your book The Alchemist is so true, that once every decade a book someone's out that changes a person's life forever. I think you've changed my perspective on a lot of things with that short book I read in a little over a couple of hours.

My religion is Baha'i, and I've grown up with it. Somehow I feel like it's not exactly the religion for me, since honestly I don't agree with some of the things I've read and studied about. The Alchemist has brought a new light on me, and I'm so very glad that I read it today.

I think everyone should be accepted, no matter what they look like or what they are. I don't even know, I just feel like they should be accepted and welcomed. Your book showed me that it's possible. There could be such a thing as a soul in every living thing. I wasn't taught that. I was taught that only humans have souls, and I can't believe it. I just can't.

I know that the belief in the Baha'i Faith is that humans are supposedly the only ones that can reason. But really, what about the earth? What about the animals? I'm sure they can reason as well. I'm sure everything can reason, that everything has a purpose in life, and that it doesn't matter who or what it is. It can be the wind, the sun, the lion, the wolf, the human. Anything and everything.

Seriously, Mr. Coelho, I want to meet you. I want to know all your logic and everything that inspired you to write such a book as The Alchemist. I want to know all the things people have said about your book and I want to agree or laugh at such ignorance.

Mr. Coelho, I'm glad I read your book. It has inspired me so much. Thank you.

Love,
Me