Sequel: Inside Your Eyes
Status: Completed!

Weapon of Choice

Redecorating

I burst through the doors, "Who does she think she is!? Standing up to me like that!"

One of the henchmen got up, "Did the letter get to her?"

"Yes," I threw my hands in the air trying to figure out why I didn't kill her or at least hurt her more.

"Boss...are you ok?"

"Dandy!" I took out my gun and shot him. Usually stuff like that made me feel better, but today my mind wouldn't let up on me, "If anyone needs me, think twice about needing me," I shoved the body aside and closed the door to my room behind me. "Why couldn't I do it?" The question killed me.

Because you can't kill me... her voice rang inside my head.

"And why is that?" I challenged.

You saved me and made me what I am today. How can you kill what you've created?

"Simple! I take this knife and ram it into your throat!" I jabbed at the air.

Yes, but you couldn't even do that today, could you?

"Don't mock me! You're part of my plan!"

You still didn't teach me a lesson when you could have. Why is that?

"I don't know!"

Yes you do! I looked at the wall and saw her face form Say it!

"Say what?"

Say that you care about me. After all, isn't that why you couldn't kill me? Say that you never want to live without me! the voice paused Say that you love me! the voice chanted.

I reached over and grabbed an automatic, "Stop saying that!" I shot at the wall, keeping the trigger pulled. There were some screams on the other side, I guess some bullets got through.

"Boss, what the hell is going on!?" one of my men burst through the door.

Tell him why! I looked around trying to pinpoint where the voices where coming from.

"Boss?"

"I felt like re-decorating! Do you like what I've done with the wall?"

He looked it over and the expression of confusion and fear came over his face, "Yea, i-it's good..."

I laughed, "Lies!" and shot him and walked out of the room, "Excuse me, I have some unfinished business to attend to!" I said to the nearly empty room and left out the door.

So are you going to tell me?

"Tell you what?" I covered my ears trying to block out the sound.

It's useless because I'm in your head.

"Fine! I love you! Happy?"

The voice didn't reply. Everything was silent.

"So you're going to leave me is that it?" I looked down at the ground and grimaced, "I'm going to the Jennings' place."
♠ ♠ ♠
I figured this was linked to the chapter before. Hope you like the double feature!