Sequel: Inside Your Eyes
Status: Completed!

Weapon of Choice

Have More Faith

After the nurse left, Jennings' came in. He said that he had an important call and just now got off. As I watched the couple kiss and have a little moment of their own, I decided to leave. Love isn't a place for me.

I walked into the nearest bathroom and looked at my face. My cheek bone was bandaged up, safe from infection. I placed my hand on the medical tape I don't think I want to be a part of this anymore...Lisa's pregnancy is in danger, I'm not exactly doing my job right, and The Joker...he's losing patience with me. I left the bathroom and passed the room. They were still talking so I decided to tell the nurse I was leaving. She agreed to tell them if the question arose of my whereabouts.

I stepped out into the night and called a cab. As he drove me to the mansion, I stared out the window, contemplating what I would do. I'll go to my room...pack up some clothes...take some money, but go where? I can't afford an apartment.... I struggled to think of ways to leave I'm cornered. The Joker cornered me and I didn't even realize it. He has been for three years, and now...what now? I just want to leave! I sighed as we pulled up.

"That'll be twenty."

I took out a twenty and handed it to him, "Thank you," I rushed out of the cab and made my way to my room, "Ok, so what's it gonna be? Stay or leave?" I closed the door to my room and laid on my bed, "Something has to give, I can't keep on living like this." I closed my eyes focusing on my thoughts.

"Live like what?"

I sat up to see The Joker at the foot of my bed, "Nothing..." I looked away from him.

"Oh, is that a scratch on your cheek?" I could feel his cold fingers brushing over the bandage.

"It isn't anything you should be worried about," my eyes stared at my hands.

"Really? Is it something you're worried about?"

Yes! I got this because of you! "No..."

"So nothing I did got through to you?"

"I understand my place," But that doesn't mean I have to like it!, "I'm only a part of this plan."

"You have that letter I gave you?"

"It's in my purse. All the information is safe."

"Well, if it's all safe then I'll leave. Seems you have a lot on your mind."

I watched as he opened the window, "Wait! " I said it without thinking. He looked at me I'm going to die... "You never gave me a clear answer about Lisa's pregnancy. Are you trying to abort the baby?"

"No, I'm not. Happy?"

"No! I'm angry! You led me on and I thought you were trying to..."

"Well I wasn't. You should have more faith in me."

I stood in front of him, "Why didn't you tell me the whole story!?"

"I didn't think you needed to know!"

I punched him in the face. The moments after were me standing mortified at what I'd just done and him laughing like someone had tickled him, "Wanna try that again? You may get everything out of me."

Against my better judgment I punched him again. All the pent up rage inside me was getting out, and it felt amazing, "Tell me!" I said half laughing.

"Ok," he breathed in still smiling, "Jennings' is trying to abort the baby. If I didn't tell anyone about this, then he would do what we said. Plus I used a little force."

"So you aren't doing anything to harm anyone for once?" He nodded. I was truly happy in that moment, "Yes!"

He laughed and looked at me. I've never seen him shoot me that look before... "Thank you for telling me," I stared at him, my cheeks feeling warm.

His hand slid across my chin, his face inched closer to mine. I stared into his eyes, immobilized by his gaze. His lips closed in on mine.

I kissed him back.

How long have I wanted to do this? Is this real? This is the man that scared me to tears a few hours ago and I'm...

Someone knocked on the door, "Maya? Maya are you in there?"

Lisa had been released from the hospital, "Yes," I said to the door.

"Can I come in? I just need support right now..." there was a hint of pain in her voice.

I blinked and shook my head, "O-One second," I panicked.

He stepped back and lowered himself out of the window.

In a daze and confused manner I put on a bath robe over my clothes to make it seem like I was about to get in the shower, "Come in Lisa."

She was red in the face, "Fred thinks we should get rid of the baby! He accused me of taking those drugs!" She broke into a sob and ran into me, "I didn't take those drugs Maya! I swear!"

"I believe you!" I hugged her, "Nothing could make me doubt you!" Jennings' is going to pay for this. It's his child, what kind of father does this to their wife and child? You aren't worthy...you'll see the pain she has gone through! I'll make sure of it!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it!

Rate and Comment!