Sequel: Inside Your Eyes
Status: Completed!

Weapon of Choice

Spa Treatment

The next morning I was awoken by Lisa, "Wake up sleepy head! It's almost time for lunch!"

"What!?" I shot out of bed. My alarm usually woke me up around eight in the morning Looks like the guys woke up to the sound of harsh beeping AKA dying cats. "Have I missed anything?"

"No silly, we're going to have lunch and then go to the salon. We have to prepare for the party tonight."

"Oh, I forgot. What is for lunch?"

"The usual. Salad and soup. Oh, and I'll be having some fries with gravy on them."

I looked at her, "Why?"

"This baby has me craving the oddest things," she laughed while patting her belly.

I never had lunch where the soup and salad were made right in front of me. Through the window, I saw one of the maids picking vegetables for the salad while the woman in front of me began to make the broth for my soup from scratch.

Once the meal was set in front of me, I tasted the soup, "This is amazing!"

"Tell me about it!" she munched on some fries and salad.

So which salon are we going to?"

"Oh my favorite place! You know 'Luxury Treats'?"

"Really? That's a spa as well isn't it?"

"Yes, we'll start with a full body massage because you look tense."

I laughed You have no idea.

"Then a mannie/peddie because your nails are a disaster. Then we'll let Pierre work his magic with our hair!"

"Wow, no wonder we're going early...it takes a whole day to get ready," When you have money that is.

******************************************

The spa/salon was amazing on the inside. All the architecture was modern, along with the people there. "Ah Natalie," Lisa leaned over the counter and kissed the receptionist on the cheeks, "Today we want the works!"

"Ah, and who is your friend?"

"This is Maya, she's new to this side of Gotham."

"Well, follow me ladies. Your massages are waiting," the woman walked from behind the desk showing off her pale white legs which contrasted greatly to the black skirt she was wearing.

Two women greeted us and proceeded to make me feel more relaxed then I had in a while, "Why didn't I get these earlier?" I laughed knowing I couldn't afford it a few days ago. Not wanting to move, I forced myself to follow Lisa to the Manicure/ Pedicure area. There I had my nails sculpted to perfection.

"What color would you like your nails to be?" the woman asked.

"Oh," I was caught off guard, I hadn't picked out my dress. Though I already had one in mind, "Black please."

"Very edgy. Active sex life?"

"Wha?" I gasped in disbelief at what she just asked, "Not really..." Try non-existent!.

"Maybe it'll pick up soon," the woman smiled and continued to paint my nails.

Highly doubtful. I directed my attention to Lisa who was getting her nails painted a bright pink. She really hasn't changed since high school.

The next, and final stage was the hair appointment with Pierre. I looked over and saw a man talking to one of the customers in a flamboyant tone, "This will be interesting."

I sat in a chair and Pierre shot in front of me quicker than a bullet, "You are new!" he sniffed the air, "Ah, fresh blood! Though I mean that in a good way," he was behind me in a second, "Your dress is strapless is it not?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"Pierre always knows what a woman wears by the sight of her! Now I suggest an up-do, sort of like a french bun but sexier!"

"I'm not sure I can do sexy..."

At that he laughed, "Girl, you're already sexy, we're just going to make you into something any man would want!"

"Any man? I doubt it."

"Alright, since you don't believe me we'll strike a deal. If the man who strikes your fancy doesn't take you on a date, I will give you a free haircut."

Gasps resounded through the room, "Pierre, are you that confident?" Lisa asked.

"Yes! On a blank canvas like this, she will be irresistible! Even to, dare I say it...Batman!"

At this I burst out laughing, "Ok, deal. If Batman doesn't take me out on a date, you owe me a free haircut."

More girls gasped. The Joker was right. Girls in upper class usually smile and nod, that is until you say something exciting, then they full out swoon!

Pierre went to work on my hair and before I knew it, the time to head back had come. When I got back into my room, the clock said it was seven in the afternoon, "Ah! I need that dress! The party starts at eight!"

I rummaged through the spacious closet for the dress, "Found it!" It took half an hour to situate the dress and fix my face, "Won't The Joker get an eyeful when he sees me..." I stared at my reflection, not quite believing it was me staring back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rate and Comment!