Sequel: Inside Your Eyes
Status: Completed!

Weapon of Choice

Falling Apart

I blinked for a second, "Um, hello Batman. Why are you in my room?"

"Came to get my cape." The excuse struck me as a little...weak.

"It's hung up in my closet," I walked over to the double doors and pulled out the cape, "I washed it, the smell of the river was horrible." He looked at it like I'd ruined it, "Oh I hand washed it. I don't trust washers and dryers when it comes to custom clothing."

"Interesting, but when does someone like you hand wash things?"

"I'm not rich, I just have wealthy friends."

He put the cape back on, "Well, thank you for taking care of my clothes," he jumped out the window.

I have got to get that window sealed! I looked out after him, but it was no use, dusk had come and visibility was little to none, "He's so short and restricted. What I need is a heart to heart with him, that'd make things a lot easier on my part." I laid on my bed I want to get out. This rich town has no room for someone like me.

I laid there for a bit until I heard a scream. I rushed down the stairs, "What's going on?"

Lisa was on the floor in hysterics clutching her stomach, "Something's wrong!" Jennings' said.

"Let's get her to the hospital," I got behind her and grabbed her shoulders, "Help me!"

"Oh, yes," his mind was somewhere else.

We hurried her into the Hummer and sped to the hospital. I ran to the front desk, "Please, something's wrong with Lisa and the baby!"

The nurse quickly got a wheelchair and wheeled her to the ER. I sat down, red in the face from anger and other emotions, "She better be ok," I placed my head in my hands.

Jennings rubbed my back, "Things will get better."

"I know," I sniffed, "It's just Lisa....she doesn't deserve this. These things shouldn't be happening!" Jennings' was about to say something but my phone rang before he could take a breath. I pulled out my cell and saw it was 'Mother' calling, "Excuse me, I need to take this," I flipped the phone open and walked outside, "Hey Mom."

"Get to where no one can hear you."

"I can go further into the parking lot if you want me to."

"Yes, no one can hear what we say there," I heard fumbling in the background.

"What's going on?"

"Mommy's going to meet up with you at the hospital."

"How'd you know I was at the hospital?"

"Let's just say I have a knack for guessing these things."

This triggered thoughts Guessing? Or you know because you did it?

I met him in the back of the parking lot where it was dimly lit and almost empty, "Ah, that's better isn't it?"

"What is going on? Or better yet, what are you threatening Jennings' with?" I asked.

"Why do you need to know? It keeps him quiet as to our little plan."

My breathing got heavier, "Tell me," I said shakily, "Are you messing with Lisa's pregnancy?" I half shouted the last words.

He just started laughing, "That's horrible," he got closer to me, "What would you do if I was? Would you kill me?"

"No! I'd do worse!"

"Ooh, that sounds fun!" a large grin stretched across his face, "Tell me, is that all talk or real? If you had to, would you hit me, or just run off scared?"

My hands balled into fists, the nails digging into my skin, "If what you say is true," I looked into his eyes, "I would show you no mercy!"

"So quick to turn on the one who kept you for three years."

"You're more of a monster than I thought you were!"

"Look at me," he tried to grasp my chin but I turned away, "You will look at me when I tell you!" he grabbed my face and tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Let me go!" I spit in his face.

He wiped his eye, "For such a docile creature, you spit a lot of venom when upset!" He pulled out a knife, "How about we put a smile on that face!"

The blade brushed my lips and I whimpered. "Th-this isn't you..."

"Not the part of me that you've seen up close," he licked his lips, "You see, I thought it was a good idea to shield you from my rougher side," he waved the blade around as he talked, "But no, that hasn't helped me at all because you stand up to me, and that isn't a very good thing now is it?"

I looked up at him in fear. I was scared that I would die, or worse...live. Like a little girl I wept, "So, everything I know is a lie?" the sky opened up and it began to rain, "Then cut me! Show me who you are and maybe then I'll understand!"

His grip tightened and his face scrunched up in frustration. I closed my eyes to prepare for what was to come, but it never came. He threw me onto the ground, the asphalt scraping my face. An envelope fell in front of me, "My henchmen found new info on The Batman, read it." He walked away.

I cried on the asphalt not caring what was written in that letter. Who needs this bullshit plan!?

The suddenly rain stopped, "Excuse me, what's a girl like you doing crying in a parking lot?" An older man stood over me with an umbrella held above my head.

"My friend is in the hospital....when I came out here I fell and..."

"Ah, you couldn't get up. Well," he held out a hand and picked me up, "Let's see how your friend is now."

"K."

We walked in the hospital, "Master Wayne, I got the wallet you left in the car."

"Thank you Alfred. Maya? What're you doing at the hospital?"

"Lisa is in the ER. Why are you here?"

He lifted up his arm, "It's bad when you have to go to the hospital because you got scratched by a cat."

"I never took you for a cat person."

"Well, you can say that one of my dates got a little angry when I broke it off with her."

"She threw her cat at him. It was very interesting to watch," Alfred laughed a little.

"What happened to your face?" Bruce asked.

"Oh, I sorta fell outside..."

"I found her crying in the parking lot."

"Hm," he pulled a card out of his pocket, "If you ever cry again, you can call me anytime."

"Oh," I took the card.

"Jennings? Fredrick Jennings?" a doctor called out.

He was no where to be found, "I'm not a Jennings but I came with Lisa. Maya Conway."

He looked at the clipboard, "Yes, you are the second name. Come with me, I need to tell you some things about Mrs. Jennings."

"I'll see you later Mr. Wayne, Alfred."

"Call me Bruce," he waved at me.

I smiled as the doors shut behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I Thought 'Falling Apart' by Zebrahead was a good song for this chapter. The way I interpreted it, the song is a heated discussion between The Joker and Maya. Just to make it easier to understand I'll map it out.

[Joker]
Stutter step through another trap set by deception
Mention rejection
Always lies in your eyes
Settles in your action
Jeopardize everything that I want
And I won't compromise anything anymore
In any way victimize myself any more
Liberty (YEAH)

[Chorus:] [All choruses are Maya]
Manipulations on my mind
Expectations well defined
Frustrate me
Liberate me
Cause everything's falling apart
You can't control me, You can't control me
Everything's falling apart
Now I can't see you
Doesn't matter what I do
I can't see you
Cause everything's falling apart

[Maya]
I got exposed to a deeper form of infection
Shout out "I need acception"
Always lies in your eyes
Settles in your action
Criticize everything that I do
And I will overcome anything that's in store
Nevermore look up to you and adore
Liberty (YEAH)

[Chorus]

Manipulation on my mind [Maya]
Inspect me - try to check me [Joker]
Expectations well defined [Maya]
Dissect me - want to wreck me [Joker]
Violator of my own will [Maya]
Accept me - reject me [Joker]
Separate or SHOOT TO KILL [Maya]

[Chorus]