Sequel: Taion
Status: Complete. Sequal Up

Take This To Heart

"Welcome To My Life" , Simple Plan

When my sister died from food poisoning, I was all alone. And as I could see, she, before she had died, was my way out of her. We weren't supposed to get separated, and because of that, if anyone wanted her, they had to take me as well and I've done the research.

Girls are more popular at being adopted than boys. The average length a child has to wait for being adopted is eight years old. A foster child can wait up to five years to be adopted.

Too many facts. And those facts just prove to me that my chances of getting adopted are about one in one billion. Besides, with my disorders no one wants to deal with me. Wait, lower that "disorders" down to "disorder". I only have one now. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. At least that’s what the doctor said.

I used to have Separation Anxiety Disorder in which I got too clingy to people I trusted and in this case, it was my sister; My mom was hardly ever around and my dad was an alcoholic, so it's kinda impossible to get clingy with them. But my doctor said that disorder broke when she died and I couldn't have her anymore. He explained to my guardian (who is supposed to be the Superintended of the Adoption Center but he's never around so my real guardians are the house workers whose been trained to do everything from cooking, to cleaning, to making papers legal) that the effect this event would have on me was like quitting chain-smoking cold turkey and I'd be depressed and it isn't uncommon to see a panic attack headed my way. The doctor said it was like withdrawal symptoms for drug-addicts except my drug was who I was clingy to and I'd get sick and all that crap, but I wasn't really paying attention. Who he really explained it too was one of the housekeepers that I favored.
Mona Grades. She's like the mother I never had. In my opinion, she's too clingy to me and tries to dissuade everyone who wants to adopt me mostly by using the "He-has-disorders" tactics.

But the doctor's wrong. I've not been careful and I got clingy with her as well…which is going to be a pain if I just so happen to get adopted.

I was sitting in my room when she told me that a group of young men were looking to adopt and that they were in a band called All Time Low. I'd never heard of them before, but the girls went crazy once the news got around. When she told me, she had this look on her face that said it all. Are they gay? What will they do to the child they adopt?

But I wasn’t worried. I wasn't expecting to get adopted. Who wants a grown kid anyways?
♠ ♠ ♠
My first story! That I've been writing forever! comment? next chapter out later tonight...maybe :)