Sequel: Taion
Status: Complete. Sequal Up

Take This To Heart

"Runaways", Anberlin

I had gone shopping again. This time it took even longer than clothes shopping because Zack came along and we had to visit every store in the mall. My personal favorite: Hot Topic. I got the newest edition of Alternative Press and a few CDs. Alex laughed at my choice of CDs, but I didn’t care. Panic! At the Disco was one of my favorite bands. One of the bands I held credit for discovering and not my sister. Nevershoutnever’s new EP rested on the top of the pile. Alex picked it up, but didn’t say anything. He knew why I was getting it.

He smiled when he saw what was underneath it: Taking Back Sunday’s newest CD.

“Yes, man! I love them!” The goofy smile on his face reminded me of a five year old at Christmas.

I rolled my eyes. “Give me the CD if your not going to pay.” I held out my hand, but he turned all offensive. “No.” He said, clutching the CD to his chest, taking everything else from my hands and turning towards the cash-register. He took one step before turning around.

“You are done, right? In here, I mean?”

I nodded, looking at the necklaces that hung above the CDs. I took one in my hand, fingering the charm before sighing and putting it away. Alex sighed, marched over and grabbed the necklace.

He looked at it with confusion. “A heart with a keyhole in it?” He raised his eyebrows.

“My sister had one just like it.”

He looked at if for a moment. “Do you wanna get it? Lay it over her grave or something?”

I shook my head, reaching for it. He placed it with the other stuff that I’d picked out. “Really, Alex,” I reached for it again, but he moved out of the way. “It’s nothing. Put it back.” I demanded, growing a little irritated.

“Are you sure?” His eyes were understanding, but they seemed confused about my decision.

I blew up. “Dang it, Alex! I’m not a child that needs every single thing that his dead sister had! I’m my own person, really!” I ran my hand through my hair, adrenaline, rushing through me. A few people turned to look at the commotion.

It was then that I’d noticed what I’d said. I looked up at Alex. He looked shocked and confused. When the fear started to creep into my face at what I’d said, I fled. Jack reached out, trying to stop me, but my small frame allowed me to quickly duck away and keep running.

Alex dropped the items he’d gathered in his arms and ran out the store. Zack stayed behind, gathering the stuff and quickly paying for it as Jack raced after Alex who was chasing after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I bet a lot of you caught on that I didn't thank my commenters last time and I really apologize for that. I was really sick the last time I posted something and really didn't feel like typing out all the names :( So sorry for that and the slower updates. Blame school. lol. Love you guys! and thanks to my commenters from ch 19 to the last chapter:
RAWR!cuzIMAdinosaur! - I love the predictions! They're freakin awesome! :D
RawrItsEllie -thanks for commenting :)
synfulvengence -love the A7x implied username lol :)
nellieey -I sworry bout the cliffhangers :( <----C? lol they just kinda happen haha :)
stryped -thanks for both comments and I'm glad you like NSN! :D
ylimexemily - i sworry i added in some1 ur not a big fan of, but i'm rlly glad you still enjoy the story :)

and thanks again for reading. :)
Comment?
Subscribe?
:)