Sequel: Taion
Status: Complete. Sequal Up

Take This To Heart

You're Just A "Phone Call" Away, Forever The Sickest Kids

I groaned when someone shook me awake. I turned over and swatted at the hands.

"Get up, dude!" It was Jack. "We've got to move into the bus."

"What bus?" I whined.

"Tour bus." He tried to pick me up, but I went limp and my dead weight restrained him from doing so…or so I thought. A glass of water hit my face and my eyes shot open. I was cold and shivering and now, sitting in a puddle. I jumped up. "Why'd you do that?!" Jack was laughing his butt off.

I frowned at him.

He was still laughing. I saw Alex and Zack coming from the big tour bus and give Jack a quizzical look when they saw me shivering, standing half-soaking wet and him laughing and rolling on the ground. It was quite a sight to see.

"You know what? I'm not gonna ask." Zack shook his head as if in disappointment, but they were obviously amused, because they were both smiling.

I pouted.

"Jack," Alex began, "I told you to wake him up, not drown him."

"I did!" Jack laughed out. "I woke him up with water because he wouldn’t wake up." He stood up and dusted himself off, still with a smile on his face.

"Jerk." I murmured.

"I know." He grinned at me.

"I hate that song." I groaned, clutching my cold wet jacket around me to shield myself from the cool breeze. It was rather cold to be in the middle of the summer. That caused Jack to break out in dance, singing the song to himself and attempting to do the jerk. Alex rolled his eyes at his friend and threw me a new, dry set of clothes. He jerked his thumb in the direction of the bus. "Go get changed before you catch a cold."

"Yeah, yeah." I walked in the direction of the bus. Zack followed behind me with a large duffle bag.

When I stepped in, I was amazed. It was small, but homey and had a large couch up against the wall along with a small booth for eating. A kitchenette was attached to that, complete with a fridge and a small stove with a microwave over it. "Wow." I murmured. I was in awe.

"Like it?"

I could only nod. I slowly made my way into the bunks where I pulled off my wet clothes and replaced them with a dry pair. I threw the wet clothes into the small shower that lined the inside of the hallway were the bunks where located –right before you got to the back lounge. They wouldn't be in the way for a while…until someone needed to shower.

As I stepped out of the bunk area, Alex came in, talking on his iPhone. "Yeah…sure. In fact, he's right here." He held out the phone, smiling like an idiot. I took it, cautiously.

"Hey?"

"Hi, Birdie."

"Emma?"

"Yep." Happiness coated her voice and dripped from it like a melting popsicle stick.

"Hey, baby. You okay?"

"I miss you." Her happiness faltered.

"I know. I know. I miss you, too. I can't wait until I see you again, hun. So how's school?"

She sniffled. "They called me a bad word."

I sighed. I was afraid of stuff like this happening. "What'd they say, Ems?"

"Uh-uh." She murmured. "I can't tell you."

"Why?" I was taken aback.

"Mona told me not to tell you. Said that you'd come and hunt them down."

I laughed. "Emma, I'm all the way in," I looked at Jack who mouthed 'Cali.' "California. I can't go to New York and beat them up."

"But you would if you could, right?"

I smiled. "I would if I could, Emma. But I can't. You know where I'll be in a few weeks?"

"Where?" She asked, a bit annoyed and "down" sounding.

"NYC!" I tried to cheer her up.

"Come visit me?"

"Duh. That's why I told you. So I can come back and visit you and Mona. Besides when I get back I have something to give you." I smiled. I couldn't wait to give her her gift.

"Alright." She sounded a little more excited and didn't sound as upset. "Well, I gotta go, Birdie. I'll see you then."

"Wait- Emma!"

But she was already gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've just came to the conclusion this story is being written for me. I want to write it. And I'm not going to let anyone stop me from that with lack of comments, lack of readers or whatever.

Thanks for commenting cobra9874 :)