Sequel: Taion
Status: Complete. Sequal Up

Take This To Heart

"Alexithymia", Anberlin

I hadn't been in the mall since I went shopping with my sister so it was really awesome…with the exception of quite a few girls recognizing them and asking for pictures, autographs, and every other thing.

Jack finally randomly screamed that Pete Wentz was also here along with Gerard Way and that they were headed for Hot Topic and Aeropostale then off to Hollister. Everyone in the crowd left after that except one girl who was my age. She hung around and studied me, but talked to Alex and Jack.

When Alex finally brushed his hair out of his eyes and told her we had to go, she muttered a "Bye," and smiled at me as she left. I smiled back at her, but said nothing.

As soon as she was out of earshot, Jack and Alex started laughing. I glared at them. "She had you eating out her hand, dude! She could have asked you for money and you'd have given it to her." Jack commented.

Alex was laughing and agreeing as well as we made our way to the Pac Sun.

"I was not," I defended myself, trying my best to look angry and glare at them, but failing miserably seeing as I just got noticed by a girl while standing by members of a high-and-mighty band. It would seem that that wouldn't happen seeing as most people would ignore the guy standing beside the band members and be more interested in the BAND itself. Yes, I was VERY happy.

They forced me to pick out five pairs of jeans, but I would only pick out three so Jack just walked around aimlessly, grabbing any of the jeans he liked and thought I could fit into.

They ended up making fun of me when I could fit into a size 26, saying I was too small and I should have been born a girl, then maybe I'd have hips. I let a laugh slip at that one and questioned them what size they wore. Both wore the size 32.

When Jack came back with, oh, I don’t know, seven pairs of jeans?, he handed them to me and got me a fitting room. One pair was too long and the others were uncomfortable because they were tight jeans. I came out of the fitting room with the tight jeans on.

Alex started smiling at me and told Jack that he liked them and even might get him a pair, Jack agreed, saying if he did, he'd barrow them sometime.

I wore a pleading look on my face the whole time. "Please don’t make me get these. I don't-they're uncomfortable." I finished, my look still not changing.

Jack eyed me, trying to create a theory on why I wouldn't like the jeans. He gave up and asked, "Why not?"

"They're too tight." I answered, simply. "They make my legs look like sticks."

That caused Alex to look down at his own skinny jeans. He shrugged. "I like tight jeans." He muttered out. "But whatever floats your boat. Put 'em back, but we are getting you more jeans."

I sighed and returned to the dressing room, taking of the tight jeans and replacing them with my baggy black shorts. When I exited the dressing room, the folded pair of skin-tight jeans in my hands, Jack pointed at my shorts and said, "That is something we are defiantly working on." He looked at Alex and referred to me with both hands, but still looked at Alex. "Dude, he looks Goth." He looked back at me. "Lets name him Edward."

Alex looked at him like he'd just gone crazy. "What?"

Jack rolled his eyes, "You know? Like the Twilight vampire. Edward."

Alex closed his eyes and shook his head as if he was embarrassed. "I ashamed you even know a character in that movie book thing fad."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, whatever. Um…can we go, like, pay for this now?"

Jack grabbed a pair of black, skin-tight jeans and threw them at me. "No, go try those on."

I tossed them back at him. "I told you, I don't like skinny jeans."

He just tossed them back. "You can be Emo. Don't they wear skinny jeans and cut?"

I rolled my eyes and returned to the dressing room. I once more, for maybe the millionth time today, took off my black shorts and replaced them with a pair of jeans that would cut of my circulation before the day was over with. To my surprise, I actually liked them. I reemerged and showed them how the jeans fit on me.

"I like these." I muttered.

"I thought you didn't like skinny jeans." Jack mocked. I shot him a glare. He laughed at me.

"Alright." Alex agreed. "C'mon. We'll go look for shirts and then go to Abercrombie. Maybe they're won't be a crowd."

I nodded. We searched through the racks and I found a two DC shirts and one Etnies. Jack ended up finding himself a Fox shirt and then we had to try the whole store's shirt collection on, just like we did with jeans.

They commented on every shirt I picked out and by the time we left the store, I was begging to go back to the Center.

"Too black."

"What? You want to be gay now? That shirt is too colorful."

"That's too big."

We left the store with about twelve shirts and eight pairs of jeans, including the ones that Alex decided to get, the ones that I didn't like, but both he and Jack liked.

When we left the store, I begged. "Please, please, don't make me shop anymore. We got me enough stuff for the entire army!"

"Lets get you a pair of shoes and two jackets, then we'll go, okay?" Alex glanced at me and I sighed. Him and Jack both laughed as if I was a little kid. I scowled at them, but they were to busy laughing to notice.

When we got to Journeys, I already had my eyes set on a pair of black high-top Converses. The thing was would they be willing to pay fifty dollars for shoes? I looked longingly at them before moving onto the cheaper shoes that were on the clearance section. Alex looked at me, confused, before forcing me to regular priced shoes by pulling on my elbow. I think he saw the look in my eyes when I saw the Converses because he pulled me right in front of them and told me to pick out a pair of normal priced shoes.

I fingered the black material before moving on to the Etnies, DCs, and Vans. They were cheaper by a few bucks, but Alex forced me back to the Converses and asked me if I liked them. I could only nod.

"What's your size, kid?"

"I'm not a kid." I muttered. I was silent for a moment "Size six."

He brought the black shoes up to the counter where a young brunette stood, popping gum. A streak of pink stood out in her hair. "Got size six?" Alex asked, leaning up against the counter smiling.

Then she gave a dangerously flirtatious smile. "Let me check." Brushing her hand with his, she took the shoe and typed in the code on the bottom. She punched a few more keys before nodding. "Yeah," she muttered out, "Let me go get them." She offered him another flirty smile and went to the back.

She returned with a thin box –the Converses. He paid for them and left in a hurry, saying, on his way out the door and on our way to American Eagle, "Chicks. Some are just scary. I half expected her to push me in the back room and rape me…."

I laughed and he glanced down at me and gave a small smile.

We entered American Eagle and Jack looked at me, seeing my look of boredom. "Only two hoodies, then we'll leave."

I could only nod, hoping we didn't try on the whole store.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shopping! lol ;) now whose up at this time that wants to read about the amazing life of Phoenix Envy lol

another thanks to heyJAYhey for commenting and all my readers. love you guys *Hugs*