Sequel: Taion
Status: Complete. Sequal Up

Take This To Heart

"Believe Me, I'm Lying", Forever The Sickest Kids

We returned to the Center after four hours. Mona was there by then, panicking and chewing on her lip. When I stepped through the front doors, she flung herself at me and started to cry. "I thought something happened to you." She sobbed out. "You know that you have to get permission to leave the grounds."

I was silent and took a short glance at Alex and Jack. Jack was scratching the back of his neck, looking away and Alex was whistling while admiring the artwork of the other kids of the Center which had been pinned up on the cork board in the main lobby. They looked so guilty, but Mona didn't seem to notice.

"Don't you ever do that again. You had me worried sick!" She still hadn't released her hold on me.

"I promise." I muttered.

She released her hold and backed away so she could look me in the eyes. "Really Envy. You had me worried."

I offered up an apology before she turned on Alex and Jack. "And I trusted you to be responsible enough to let us know where he is at! Phoenix Envy isn't a puppy that you just drag around anywhere you go! You have to take care of him. That includes watching out for him, making sure he gets what he needs such as food, clothes, um…"

Before she could finish her rant, I stood up for Alex and Jack. I felt as if I owed them something considering that they bought me new clothes and shoes today. "They are responsible, Mona! And if you just took the time to look, you'd notice that they've bought me new clothes and everything!" I kidnapped the bags from Jack and Alex's hands and showed her.

She could only stare. It was a moment before an apology worked it way from her mouth. In her stuttering crusade of an apology, she asked if they were coming back tomorrow. Jack answered, "Yeah, but we're bringing the quite ones with us, too."

She looked confused.

Alex took the time to explain. "Zack and Rian."

She gave a knowing look and nodded.

I muttered that I was going up to my room and they fallowed to my shock. Alex and Jack did, I mean, not Mona. She was too busy with paperwork.

I put my bags on the messy bed and began putting the stuff away. Alex and Jack only watched. I noticed Jack's eyes widen considerably when I made my way to the bathroom and picked up the blade. He got one word out of his mouth, "Don't-" before I trashed the blade. Both Alex and Jack looked stunned, shocked.

I took the chance to explain my actions. "I feel as if I owe you something, seeing as you bought me the clothes and this is the only thing I can think of. So…thanks."

Jack and Alex gave a "You're welcome."

I sat on the floor, my head up against the dresser, in front of Jack who was once more on my bed. "So…" he asked, "What are we doing tomorrow?"

I stood up abruptly. "Shoot. I gotta go. I forgot about something."

"What?" Alex asked, confusion written all over his face.

"Uh…I just gotta go. I'm goin' to hang out with a friend. Spending the night. I won't be here tomorrow. I'll be over there, so I guess I'll see you around."

Parent/Guardian mode. Alex narrowed his eyes. "Who?"

Annoyed Teenager mode. "Just some friends. Derek and his little brothers, Madden and BC, but I doubt BC will be there…."

"What's BC stand for?" Jack asked.

"Breathe Carolina." I answered. "He was named after the band. His mom liked the band."

"What's their last name?" Alex asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Why?"

"Just in case." Jack answered for Alex. I sighed.

"Bowers." The lie slipped easily off my tongue.

Alex nodded. "Okay. We're gonna stick around here and talk to Mona about…" Alex couldn't come up with anything.

"Adoption stuff." Jack filled in for him.

Alex clapped his hands together. "Adoption stuff. That's right. Thanks, Jack. So…um…we'll be downstairs. I guess we'll see you when you leave." He began walking backwards towards the door and had this goofy look on his face that said 'Adoption Stuff' wasn't going to come up in the conversation with Mona at all.

I nodded and watched them leave. As soon as they were gone, I shut my door and began digging through my closet, looking for the white powder.

Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat had no idea what they were getting into when dealing with me, Phoenix Envy.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.O ...and Phoenix lies...
thanks to everyone for the positive feedback! Including Matt Flyzik and heyJAYhey again for commenting. :) love you all and thanks for reading! :) *Hugs*
Subscribe?
Rate?
Comment?