Status: Complete; Comments, please?; Foralog?

Roaring Thunder

Chapter Two: Raine

“So, how was school, Sophie?”, I ask, holding her as Alison was running around the cloud, stopping occasionally whenever she had a vision. She was beyond nervous and stressed, hiding a dagger in her back pocket. She was listening to her iPod, just dancing around as she ran.

The rest of us, though, were completely at ease. Except for Kevin and Josh. Those two seemed — more or less — close to grabbing Alison and asking what was going on. We were all sitting in the dining area, having dinner as always.

“The evil devil is here,” Alison breathes, taking Sophie from me.

“What’s wrong?”, Sophie asks, in her sweet angelic voice.

“Nothing’s wrong, Soph. I’m just a little stressed, that’s all.”

“Or maybe a little scared.”, Raine growls. We all jump up, ready to attack.

“I know your every move, Raine. You don’t wanna play this game.”, Alison growls.

“Get out of here, Raine,” Kevin snarls, baring his teeth animalistically.

“Aww, is that any way to greet your favorite sister?”

Alison snorts, rolling her eyes. “Attack Sophie, and I’ll kill you in a heartbeat.”

“Oh yeah?”, — and then we all saw Alison’s dagger in Raine’s arm.

“Yeah, I will,” Alison snarls. “The only good thing I got from Kevin.”

I got a really good look at Raine, as Alison pulls out her dagger. Raine’s hair was black — which I was guessing was a family thing, seeing as how they all had black hair — and her eyes were a startling blackish-blue. She wore an extremely dark blue stone — that nearly looked black. She bared her teeth at Alison, but Kevin had her pinned.

“I always thought you were the smart one.”, Kevin growls.

“Maybe I am,” Raine growls. “At least I’m not letting anyone boss me around!!!”

Alison snorts, rolling her eyes. “Do we really wanna go there again?”

“Whatever, Witch!! You’re lucky you had that girl bring you back to life!!!”, — and Alison bursts out laughing.

“Nope. I’m a Riddle. Idiot.”

“Look who’s — OUCH!!!!!!!”

“Get. Out,” Kevin growls.

“All who say we kill this bitch say I!”, Duncan yells. Nearly everyone said I. Except, Alison and me. “Alison, the bitch murdered you.”

“Two wrongs don’t make a right.”, Alison murmurs, glowering at Bitch — I mean, Raine. “That’s something I learned from Hell, surprisingly.”

“Right where you belong!”, Raine growls.

“I paid for what I did, Raine. You have no business here.”

“Yeah, I bet you did.”

“You have no idea,” Alison growls. “Now go get lost. Or I’ll let every one of these guys murder your sorry-ass. Let her go, Kevin.”

Kevin glowered, letting his sister go. Alison punched Raine, glowering.

“Say it out loud, and I’ll murder you myself.”, Alison snarls.

“Fine by me. I hope that little angel of yours burns in hell.”

And Alison went at her.