Status: Complete; Comments, please?; Foralog?

Roaring Thunder

Chapter Seven: Hell

Alison’s been gone for over a week. We’re all beyond stressed trying to find her. Kevin’s been pressuring David to tell him anything he knows about Alison, but he won’t spill. The dude is more stubborn than should be legal!

“David, it’s been over a week. What do you know about Alison that we don’t know?”, Kevin growls for the umpteenth time.

“Umm … her favorite color is purple.”, David says, shrugging.

“I didn’t know that,” I say, lifting my head up off the table for only a second. I hadn’t gotten much sleep lately. None of us have. We’ve hardly even eaten. Kevin’s part of our problem. He’s grouchy, stressed, and more angry than I think anyone has ever seen him in the past five hundred years. Josh is even tensed for when he attacks.

“Where. Is. She.”

“I can’t tell.”

“So, you know.”

“’Course I know. Alison told me where she’d be for the next year.”

“Year?!!!!”

That set him off. All of us prepared for his attack. I snapped awake, sitting up, tensed. But he didn’t attack any of us. He lifted David out of the chair, snarling animalistically at him.

“Dude!!! Put me down!!!”

“Where is she?!!!”

“I swore not to tell!”

“Is it worth your life?!!!”

“W-what? Look, dude, Alison’s going through some stuff. You gotta understand! She hasn’t even talked to me since she left! I don’t really have a clue where she is! You know her, she changes her mind at the last minute!”

“Where is she?!!!”

All of us looked around, wondering who’s the bravest to go and try to calm him down. We all knew David was our best bet at finding her, but Kevin was far from sane right this minute. He’d probably tear any of us to shreds if we tried to stop him at this point.

Besides, we all know Alison. She may say one thing, but might mean something entirely different. No two people could get the exact same answer out of her.

But Kevin was probably about to kill the only person who knew anything about Alison lately. It was funny how she can make you think you know everything about her. But then she gets angry or does something entirely stupid, and you realize that you never truly knew her. It was weird how everything she said had a hidden meaning, that only a certain person can figure out, but still give you millions of questions that she may never answer. It was nerve-racking to want to figure out what goes on inside of her head. It was annoying how much she hid from all of us.

She was right. If we knew half the stuff that was going on inside of her head, we would be shocked, I think, sighing. I lie my head back on the table, looking everywhere but at Kevin. I already knew what I’d see.

He would glower at David furiously, more angry than probably anyone could imagine even with all the time most of us have spent with him. He’d be snarling animalistically, lifting David as high as he could before throwing him down on the ground. David would be shocked, frightened, and in unimaginable pain. But he still wouldn’t give his friend away.

“David, just … please, tell us?”, I say quietly, looking up at him. “We don’t wanna hurt you, David. But we need to know where she is.”

“I’m not ratting her out just because Kevin’s gonna murder me.”, David says, glaring back at Kevin. “She’ll come back when she’s ready.”

“Yeah?!! And how long will that take, David?!!! A year, two, three?!!! How about a thousand?!!! Because I need to know where she is, what she’s doing, and if she’s safe.”, Kevin’s voice had started off growling, but ended as a terrifyingly, deadly calm.

“Kevin, we’re not getting anywhere.”, Josh grumbles, glaring at him. At least we figured out who’s bravest. “He won’t say anything. Not even if you killed him. It’s pointless.”

“David, if you tell us where she is right now, we won’t hurt you or Alison.”, I say quietly.

“I’m not talking.”

“Damn it, David!!!! Tell us where she is, or I will burn the fire Kevin throws you in!!!”, I growl, standing up. Everyone was probably shocked. I hadn’t talked much this past week, and only very quietly. “I’m sick of your fucking loyalty to Alison. She’s gone. Now talk.”

“No!!!”

“I’M NOT FUCKING PLAYING, DAMN IT!!!!!!”, I snarl. “You either tell us where she is, or I will find her and drag her back to watch you burn.”

“You won’t ever find her!!!”

“Then where the hell is she?!!!! Damn it, David!!!!”, I growl. “I’ve had it with her games!!! I want answers!!!! SO YOU BETTER AS HELL TALK, YOU DAMN BASTARD!!!!!!! BECAUSE WE HAVE ALL HAD IT WITH HER RIDDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Fine! But as long as you don’t hurt her!!!!”, David snarls, as Kevin throws him back down. “I’ll tell you what she did!!!!!!”

“I knew I couldn’t trust you.”, Alison mutters, glaring. “I gave you all the run-around for the past week.”

“Then how come I couldn’t hear you?”, Cecilia asks quietly.

“Because I didn’t want you to.”, Alison says gravely. “Don’t bother me.”

And she was gone like lightning, leaving nothing behind her. It was frightening the way she was talking. It was an unnaturally calm. Everything about her was unnatural right then. The way she stood … it was like she had changed from the thirteen year old child into a timeless predator. The way her eyes stared each of us down, like as if she was daring anyone to try and stop her. Everything about her … wasn’t her.

“That’s not Alison,” I say quietly, shaking my head. “Alison doesn’t talk like that when she’s angry. She doesn’t look at people like that. Not even her enemies. Raine looks at us like that.”

“David, this is your last chance. There’s a fake Alison, so where’s the real one.”, Kevin growls, shaking him.

“In hell. She likes it there. She likes the hatred, the fire. She said it’s relaxing. I don’t get it. Hell to most people is a place you never wanna go back to once you get out.”, David says, shrugging. “But she seems to find it as a cozy vacation spot.”

“Hell?!!”, Kevin growls.

“Dude, you wanted answers, I gave them to you!”, David says, holding his hands up defensively. “She’s not looking. She never was.”

“Where’s the nearest portal to hell.”

“Dude, you don’t wanna go down there! Once you go down to hell, you’re lucky if you come back!”, David says, shaking his head. “And there’s guards.”

“So, how do we get across the guards?”

“You don’t. That’s why they’re there.”

“Then how did Alison get in?”

“I dunno. I never asked. I left after her trial. I didn’t even know it was her till she got out.”, David says quickly, scrambling a few feet away before continuing, “The King calls her Bellona. Belle means beautiful in French, while it’s related to the Latin bellare, meaning ‘to fight.’”

“So, we ask the King for Bellona?”, I growl, taking a step toward him.

“The King may not answer any of you. But he’ll answer me.”, David says, glaring back at us.

“Then take me to hell. I’m not playing this sick game she’s set up, David. I’ll drag her back if I have to.”, Kevin growls.

“I’m going to,” I growl firmly. “Now where’s Hell.”

♠ ♣ ♠

Well, we were in hell. It took up to five hours — probably more — of arguing to let Kevin take me along. Nobody was arguing with either of us. David took us to the Bermuda Triangle. I was tensed, memories flooding my mind.

“I remember,” I murmur, looking around. “Josh carried me all the way to the pile … then he buried me under the bones as he heard you coming …”, I say, looking around.

“He was careful, I’ll give him that much, Melody. That’s a closed hell-zone. Only the King can open it.”, David says, smiling sheepishly. “And then there’s the Prince.”

“Who would’ve married someone like him?”, Kevin growls. I noticed out of the corner of my eye, David tense.

“A very sweet human woman. He set her free a long time ago. But she’s always come back.”, David says gravely, not meeting either of our eyes. “Well, here we are.”

“So, what are we supposed to do?”, Kevin growls, glowering. “I don’t think that they’ll just let us in.”

“You’re right. They won’t. But, just follow my lead, and keep your mouth shut. And, Melody … don’t make eye-contact with anyone, and don’t speak at all.”

“Why not?”, I was personally insulted.

“Becuase … Hell is still pretty old fashioned.”, David says sheepishly, adding nervously, “Follow me!”

The gate to Hell was black, steel. It squeaked as it opened, rising the hairs on the back of my neck, sending goosebumps all along my arms.

“HAULT!!!!! Who goes there?!!!”, a voice echos, startling me as I jumped slightly.

“David Melanthios Impyerno,” he says automatically.

“And who else?!!!”

“Friends of Bellona and I.”

“Names!!!!”

“Kevin Joseph Nathanson!!!”, he growls, glowering around.

“And the girl?!!!!”

“Melody Jordan Knight,” David yells before I get the chance to open my mouth.

“Alright, you may enter.”

“Idiot,” David grumbles under his breath, as we all walk forward, through the gate. My skin instantly felt as if it were on fire, but I kept my mouth shut and my eyes down, as David had told me. I didn’t want any trouble. And who knows how much worse this was for Alison when she was here for trial!

“Where exactly are we headed, David?”, Kevin growls through his teeth.

“To the palace. She most likely went there. She was trialed, remember? No one who’s been trialed can enter without the King’s approval.”, he says, shrugging. “Now, you have to defend yourselves. Even you, Melody. Just don’t look anyone in the eyes. A demon’s full power is in hell.”

I nodded, to show that I had been listening, as my pace picked up in sync to theirs. I could hear screams of torture, but refused to make myself look up. I refused to back down. We had to find Alison. Or does everyone here call her ‘Bellona’? Either way, I could never see how she could possibly like this place! The screams of torture wasn’t the only thing making me hopeful that I’d never have to come back — there was blood all over the ground, and in all these different colors! It was disgusting! And the smells of death and decaying corpses, making me scrunch up my nose. Then there was that odd burning sensation I was having all along my body. I mean, honestly! — how could she stand it?!

“How much farther?”, Kevin’s voice was calmer through the sounds of the screams, that sounded like they were surrounding me.

“We are almost there … see? It’s right over there!”, David says, as we all suddenly began sprinting. This place was truly a nightmare. “Here we all. Palasyo ng impiyerno. You can look now, Melody.”

And I did. The castle was probably made out of an impossibly dark black brick, but it looked crimson — like blood — with this burning light, that almost seemed to be fire against the black palace. It looked like one of those castles from Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella and Snow White, actually. At least, the structure was. With balconies, towers, and the sort of elegance that I didn’t think fit the setting.

“You just gonna keep grimacing, or are you gonna come on and help get some sense into Bellona?”, David asks sarcastically.

“Does everyone call her that?”

“Everyone here,” he says, rolling his eyes. “She may not respond to Alison, either. But her eyes — if anything — will tell you who she is. Although, the pupil may seem like there’s a flame inside.”

“’Kay, got it,” I say, nodding as I follow him and Kevin into the giant castle. “But, what about her hair? Wouldn’t it have changed?”

“Possibly. When I saw her during her trial, though, it just sorta looked like auburn. A really shiny auburn. Kinda like bronze.”, he shrugs again, as the doors open automatically, and we all walk in. I hesitate, thinking a moment before I take a step in. There was something very eerie about this place. I didn’t like it.

“Where are we going?”, Kevin asks impatiently, glowering at the back of David’s head.

“To the King.”

“Why?”, I blurt out.

“Bellona’s most likely there. Or, he’ll know where to find her.”

“Works for me,” Kevin says, shrugging. But I wasn’t quite convinced. How could someone know exactly where Alison — I mean, Bellona — is? Nobody ever seemed to know where she is exactly anymore. No one seemed to know who she was anymore.

We finally entered a grand room, with thick velvet curtains that were pulled back, revealing a sort of endless fire, that blazed brighter than the sun — or at least it seemed that way to me. The side walls were glass, giving a horrifyingly brilliant view of what seemed the entire burning hell.

“Ah, David, what a pleasant surprise.”, a voice boomed as it echoed through the giant room. I finally noticed the man sitting in a throne, that seemed to be endlessly tall in this circular room — where it seemed taller than wide. The chair looked black, and he sat proudly with an authority.

“Is Bellona near?”

“Why, yes. She came here about … I think a week ago up on Earth. She’s up in her room sleeping.”, the King — I’m guessing — says, laughing slightly.

“Sorry, but can we see her?”

“Well, that depends. Who are these two?”

“I’m Kevin Joseph Nathanson, Alison’s guardian.”

“Oh, I nearly forgot that was her Earth name. And she never mentioned you. But what about you, young lady? What is your name?”

“Melody Jordan Knight.”

“Ah, she mentioned you. She said your name would be Artemis if you were to ever come here.”

“Artemis?”, I scrunch up my nose.

“She was the Greek goddess of hunting, later associated with the moon. She was the twin to Apollo, Greek god of prophecy, medicine, music, art, law, beauty, and wisdom, later associated with the sun and light. She was known as Diana to the Romans, goddess of the moon, hunting, forests, and childbirth.”, Kevin says, smirking.

“Artemis means ‘safe’ and ‘a butcher’ in Greek. Apollo has multiple meanings, from ‘strength’ to either ‘father lion’ or ‘father light’ then, it was later given the meaning ‘to destroy’ in Greek. Diana means ‘heavenly, divine’ in Indo-European.”, David says, rolling his eyes. “She probably thought of all three when she said it.”

“Figures,” I grumble, rolling my eyes.

“If all the demons cried up on the plains, then fire erupts through the village. And as the people scream, the hunters take their positions. But everyone knows it’s useless, when battling a demon.”, Alison sings, skipping into the room. “Kevin, Melody, Prince David.”, she nods in acknowledgement, skipping over to the King. “And as the fire burns off their skin, and the scents of death fill the air, Hell will always be here. As the foolish men dare to challenge, the King sends his guards and then their dead. When their bodies hit the fire, they scream out in agony, and as the sword strikes their heart, their dieing wish is forgotten in the blaze.”

“ALISON!!!!!!”, Kevin growls.

“Hmm?”, she says, smiling sweetly. It wasn’t like she used to. It was genuine. She was happy here.

“Where have you been?!!!!!”

“I like it here, so I came back.”

“How could you possibly like it here, Alison?!!! You hate death! You hate watching people die! You hate war!”, I yell, glaring at her.

“It’s not that bad.”, she shrugs, rolling her eyes. “And it’s a way of life here. People have phoenixes to predict their death. They don’t need me like you all do.”, she looks up, meeting my eyes directly, and I finally saw it. The flames in the pupils of her eyes, like two fires in the center of a raven’s wings.

“So, what? We work you to death or something?”, Kevin asks sarcastically, crossing his arms over his chest, rolling his eyes.

“No. But it’s easier to think whenever you don’t have people breathing down your neck every time you see something. Nobody cares here.”, she smiles at him. “And you get used to the heat, Melody. Your skin stops feeling like it’s on fire after about a day.”

“I doubt that,” I say, rolling my eyes. “It feels like the entire place is on fire.”

“That’s because it is.”

“Go figure,” I grumble, rolling my eyes. “Look, Alison … everyone misses you. Just pack up whatever you brought with you, and lets all go home.”

“But I don’t wanna go home. I like it here.”, she really seemed almost childlike in this room. She wasn’t a witch or a psychic, or even a Riddle. She was a young thirteen year old girl. The flames in her eyes told you that, oddly. They almost seemed to show you everything about her. No wonder she trusts David so much. If he’s seen half the stuff I’m seeing right now … I think, frowning sadly. You could tell she loved it here. But, why?

“Alison. You will go wherever, grab your things, and we will take you home. I don’t care if I have to drag you —”

“Kevin, hold on a minute.”, Alison’s eyes were flickering sadness. And I knew why. She didn’t like Kevin being mad at her. “Alison, why do you like it here?”, I ask quietly, taking a step closer to her.

Her eyes darted around the room quickly, before she finally looked at me, saying, “I like how hot it is. I like the fire.”

“Anything else?”

“I like how nobody cares if I’m a witch. How nobody cares that I can see the future.”

“There’s more?”

“I like … how if I get angry, and if I hurt somebody … nobody will be mad. They’ll just smile at me and act like nothing happened. I like how I can do anything I want. I like how people look at me. How they’ll never focus on me. How I’m just someone else here.”, her eyes darted around the room uncomfortably, settling on the flames outside of one of the window-walls. “And I like how if I tell some random person stuff, they won’t tell anyone or look at me funny. How if I suddenly zone out … nobody’s pressuring me. Nobody will talk about me. And I don’t have to worry about anyone … because everyone I know … they wouldn’t be here. Oh, and I really like the fact that to everyone I’m just some kid.”

She smiles at me, almost seeming to beg for my understanding. I grab Kevin’s arm as he opens his mouth furiously, dragging him out of the room.

“I know what you’re gonna say, and I’m not leaving here without her, Melody! She’s my responsibility! How am I supposed to keep an eye on her in hell?!!”, Kevin growls, glowering down at me.

“I was just suggesting that maybe we should just stay a few days. David was right. Alison’s going through some stuff. And having us breathe down her neck isn’t gonna help her!”, I hiss, glaring up at him. “I just think we should stay here a few days. We should know hell before we just grab her sorry-ass and make things worse! I don’t know about you, but I’ve never seen her this relaxed anywhere.”

“So, that’s it?!! We’re just gonna have everyone think that we die?!!!”

“No! We’ll call them. But, Kevin, you saw her, right? She looked like a real kid here. And you could obviously tell that she’s been in the spotlight for too long. We have relied on her too much lately.”, I say quietly, adding hurriedly, “We’ll just stay for three days, Kevin. If it turns out to be just like the rumors and too unsafe, then I’ll help you drag her ass home.”

“Fine. Three days. That’s all she’s got.”, Kevin grumbles. I smile at him, hugging him quickly before walking back into the grand room.

“Okay, Alison. You can stay here a little longer. But Kevin and I are watching you.”, her entire face lit up when I mentioned she could stay.

“But if this place turns out to be like some kind of war-zone, we’re dragging your sorry-ass back to Fallen.”, Kevin growls.

♠ ♣ ♠

Alison’s desperately working for Kevin’s approval. I was torn between being angry with him for not noticing this, and scared for if what she’s doing right now isn’t what it really is.

She apparently stayed in a cozy room — the color of the rainbow — that the King had given her in his palace. She explained that David was the Prince, so after she had done the time for her crime — which we still have no idea about what she did — they had realized she was friends with him.

She hadn’t even told us exactly what they did to criminals here. Although, I got a feeling that it wasn’t pleasant by the way the sparks in her eyes died completely whenever we even tried mentioning her time here after Raine murdered her.

She apparently had forgiven Raine. She said that hell had seemed to give her a new understanding of forgiveness — and that she was never mad with Raine for plunging that sword through her heart to begin with.

“Good morning, how did you all sleep?”, Alison asks, skipping into the dining hall with us. The King had joined us for breakfast — but I don’t really want to know what he’s eating, honestly.

“You tell me,” Kevin grumbles, glaring at her.

“I dunno,” she shrugs, taking a seat at the dining table, that was nearly the size of our own back at home. “I haven’t had a psychic vision is over a week, Kevin. And I’m personally loving it!”

“You can’t change who you are, Alison.”, Kevin says through his teeth.

“I know. But since I’ve been here, I just stopped. Seriously. If I try, then nothing happens! I’m like a normal human girl here!”, her smile took up her entire face. David grumbles something in a different language, pushing his plate away.

“Eat your food, David.”, the King says firmly.

“No thanks,” David says, rolling his eyes. Something told me that I didn’t really wanna know what it was. Alison raises an eyebrow at him, shrugging as she takes his plate and digs in. I make a disgusted face, pushing my food away, as Alison had completely cleaned off her plate.

“See, she’s got a healthy apatite!”, the King says proudly.

“Do you frickin’ know what you just ate?!!!”, David yells, startled.

“Perfectly clear about what I just had swallowed down my throat.”, she shrugs, gathering the plates as everyone finishes, walking out into — what I’m guessing is — the kitchen.

“Exactly what did she eat?”, Kevin growls.

“Corpses,” David grumbles, looking like he was going to be sick. “I will never understand how she can hold it down, though.”

“You let her eat that?!!!”, Kevin growls, standing up.

“She eats whatever’s given to her. She doesn’t think about it, either. She just shoves it down her throat.”, the King says calmly. “I think if she took a moment and thought about what she just did, she’d throw it back up in a heartbeat.”

“Kevin, relax. That’s probably all they have around here.”, and I knew I was lying. We had had some eggs, bacon, toast and other of the sorts. While Alison is probably the most human of us all and just ate corpses.

“Well, I’ll be out back.”, Alison says, walking back into the room.

“Doing what?”, Kevin says through his teeth. Alison freezes, seeming almost to debate whether or not to continue with her plans.

“Shooting some arrows,” she says quietly, wincing obviously, before disappearing.

“Great, Kevin, just awesome,” I say sarcastically, glaring at him.

“What did I do this time?”, Kevin growls.

“She’s trying with all she can to make you happy, and all you can do is scare her half to death. You know, there’s no Sophie for her to be strong around anymore. And she’s gone nearly twenty-four hours without her poker-face!”, I say, glaring as I stand up.

“Oh, so I’m just supposed to excuse the fact that she just ate corpses?!!!”, he growls, standing up.

“I’m not saying that you should just excuse it, Kevin!! I’m just saying that it wouldn’t hurt for you to have a heart right now!!!”

“I was trying to put her back where she belongs, Melody!!! She’s a Riddle, and she belongs up at Fallen.”

“Just because she died and a month later pops up on our doorstep, doesn’t mean that she’s destined for what most of us choose!! She’s her own person, with her own life, her own future, and her own fate. If this is where she needs to be right now, then it won’t kill you. You know where she is.”

“Yeah, but how am I supposed to know if she’s safe?!!! I can’t stay down here for eternity, Melody!!!! Remember? I have an entire group to lead.”

“Then go and lead it, Kevin. Because you can’t try raising a child when you don’t have your head on straight. That’s how they end up dead.”

“SHE ALREADY DIED!!!!!!”

“Yeah, and life doesn’t give you a third chance, Kevin. So if she kills herself trying to make you proud, then don’t come crying to me.”

We were leaned over the table, glaring each other down, our noses almost touching. We were both stubborn in this battle, neither of us were giving up easily.

“She’s here, she’s happy. I think that’s enough.”

“Not if she possibly gets herself killed in the process.”

“Fine, then you can drag her ass back to Fallen and see what happens. Because chances are this is probably the only chance you’ll ever get to figure out what she did to end up here in the first place.”

“Oh, you mean during her trial?”, the King asks curiously.

“Dad, don’t,” David says, snapping his head up. “Alison doesn’t want anyone to know.”

“Well, they’re staying here for three days, David, and everyone here knows what she did. It’s not like someone won’t tell.”, the King says, rolling his eyes.

“Well? What did she do?”, Kevin asks impatiently.

“Kevin, Alison’s going to tell us eventually.”

“I’m over five-hundred years old, Melody, and I haven’t changed since then. I should have a right to know, anyway.”

“It’s still wrong —”

“We’re in hell, Melody. Anything goes as long as it doesn’t involve the King.”

“Well, that’s just it. What she was worse than anything we’ve seen in the past thousand years.”, the King says sadly. “And it’s such a pity. Bellona’s such a nice girl. She got out early for her outstanding behavior.”

“What’d she do?”, Kevin growls impatiently. I was close to slapping him. He was invading Alison’s privacy. I knew she didn’t want anyone to know, and she’s been blunt about it.

“Kevin, just drop it. I wanna know as much as anyone else. Alison said she’d tell us when she’s ready.”, I growl, glaring at him.

“Oh, but I think you should know, Melody.”, the King says sadly. “Hell did change her, but in ways no one has ever even imagined. Most people learn those kinds of lessons in heaven.”

“We’ve noticed! Now stop distracting and just tell me what she frickin’ did!!!”

“Alright, well —”

“Don’t!”, Alison yells, running back into the dining room, shaking slightly. “I-I’ll tell them.”, she stutters nervously. The flames in her eyes completely died, as she seemed like she was remembering what she had done. “I-I was apart of an illegal army. None of us even knew it. They just picked us off and made us one of them. It happened a few years ago. The leader … his name was …”, she was focusing, straining to remember, even as she said, “Donovan. That was his name. He made it sound like a game, like it was just for fun. He taught us how to fight, to become weapons. Only specific ones would move up. Ones with special abilities. I moved up often. I learned to fight easily, and my psychic-ness always took him one step ahead. I didn’t know what I was doing, that I was his little cheat-sheet.”, she looked away, seeming lost in her memories. “He told our parents that we all were going camping together. And that’s what we did: camp. But we trained. He’d always ask me stuff. Like, who would be useful, who wouldn’t. I figured it was all just a fun game, so I’d just always go with my first instinct. Then he brought us here. We knew it wasn’t a game anymore. He lined us up, asking me for instructions. It was before Sophie was born, and I swore I was dreaming. Until I realized what I did.”

“Alison practically led the entire army, killing more than half of our kind.”, the King says gravely.

“I didn’t have any idea what I had done until I saw the dead remains of my friends. But that’s when I got angry. I didn’t know that Donovan —,” her face twisted in disgust at the mention of his name, “had been the bad-guy. And I set Hell on fire.”

“Which is why it is still so bright today.”, the King says unemotionally.

“And then I nearly freezed it over.”

“But I stopped her before she killed the rest of our kind.”, David says, shrugging. “But by that point Donovan got away.”

“Not exactly,” Alison squeaks. “He visited me a week later, blaming all of it on me. Since then, I don’t believe half the stuff anyone says to me.”

“Did you kill him?”, I ask quietly.

“How could I? That dude is scary powerful. I was frightened beyond belief of just seeing him.”, she forcing a half-smile. “And I always swore it was a dream till I saw the demons coming after me, and then Raine killing you. That’s why I ran. I wasn’t after anybody. I was buying myself enough time to ditch Max and Martin and save my friends.”

“Because if you didn’t come here, then they wouldn’t stop till they had you.”, Kevin growls. I had finally noticed that he got angrier through every sentence. “And that explains how you knew how to kill them automatically, and how you knew what you needed to ensure everyone’s safety.”

“I was five, Kevin. He was about as old as you. Do the math.”, Alison growls, storming away quickly.

“Is that why she doesn’t have visions here?”, I ask, looking at David.

“She never did. Hell is the one place she can’t have a vision. Or do any kind of magic.”, David says, shrugging. “It’s weird, but handy.”

“She frickin’ killed half of you!!!!! And you just welcome her back with open arms?!!!!!”, Kevin snarls.

“She was five, Kevin!!! She’s grown since then!!!”, I growl, glowering at him. “If you remembered half the stuff happening when you were five, then maybe you’d see that she was used. Used for someone’s personal gain. She watched her friends die in front of her, and there was nothing she could do about it.”

“I’ve offered to earse her memory, but she keeps saying, ‘Then you basically earse me.’”, David says uncomfortably. “Donovan had an army of super-kids, as old as sixteen. Alison was the youngest, and his most prized.”

“Do you have any idea what he looked like?”, I ask, looking between the two.

“She won’t talk,” the King says, shrugging indifferently.

“She says that if she ever sees him again, that she’ll make him pay for what he put her through.”, David says, mimicking his dad’s movements. “She hides parts of the story, like the fact that she completely froze my arm off.”

“I healed it!!! Get over it!!!!”, Alison growls, popping her head through the doorway.

“Exactly what I’d like to know, is how you could’ve been so stupid.”, Kevin snarls.

“I couldn’t see Hell, Kevin. He said we were playing super heroes, and that all of us had to save the world. He makes us feel special, then manipulates your parents into thinking that it’s some kind of summer camp.”, Alison growls fiercely, the flames taking up her entire eyes. “And I’m gonna make sure he knows how it feels. As soon as I find him. That’s why I’m here, really. He wouldn’t find me here, and I can completely forget about all of you! But you have to just become a psycho, and ruin my entire plan!!!”, Alison snarls, adding barely above a whisper, “I’ll be where you wanted me, Fallen. And don’t worry, Donovan hasn’t found me since before Sophie.”

And she was gone, Kevin goes running after her, David and I following behind, even as we exit the gate, flying up to the sky, and onto Fallen.

“Where do you think you’re going?!!!”, Kevin growls, grabbing her shoulder. Alison flips him over, glaring, her eyes quickly glazing over.

“He’s coming,” Alison says, as her eyes focus. “I-I-I’m n-not here!!”, Alison says nervously.

“No!!! You’re staying right here!!!”, Kevin snarls, tackling her to the ground.

“GET OFF OF ME!!!!!!!”, Alison snarls, flipping them over. “YOU DON’T KNOW HALF THE STUFF I WENT THROUGH BECAUSE OF HIM, KEVIN!!!!!!!!!”, Alison was in his face furiously, saying more calmly, “You don’t know how everyday I feel like I’m being watched or followed. How I have to act like everything’s okay, and nothing’s wrong. Like I didn’t watch innocent people die. Everyday I live in that regret, I live in that fear. I’ve wanted to be the best thing for Sophie. When all I am is a danger. And the worst part is: I can’t tell anyone. Because then you know what? He’ll kill me. Slowly. He’ll first kill Sophie, then Melody, then you, then everyone else. Saving me for last.”

Kevin was obviously listening, but still insanely enraged. “Yeah, nobody knows half the stuff I go through. Nobody knows how much I’ve wanted to tell people this. I wasn’t keeping it a secret because I was scared of what you thought. I was personally hoping for this. That way you’re less likely to die.”

“Aww, you remembered!”, and Alison went ghostly pale, and stopped breathing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Donovan and The Psychics <the story of Alison's time in the war.