Status: Incomplete

Unraveling the Past

Prologue

“Look! Look! I found something, Mom!” As I dusted the remaining dirt off the cover and pulled a rope-looking item out, my mom rushed over.

“What is it?” She asked. I pushed a button and the lid sprang open. Tucked neatly inside was a note and an unusual item. My heart pounded against my chest. I was excited as I quickly opened the paper.

For a week, I’ve been helping my mom in her job- a past-finder. Past-finders dig for items from the past and learn from those items what the past was like. From many books that we found from the past, we learned that past-finders were called “archeologists” before. Lately, my mom had been assigned to learn and find out about a past civilization known as USA, otherwise known as America. After many exciting finds, my mom and I had to admit this was the most amazing and unusual one yet.

“Since you were able to open this box, I would like to say how amazed I am to know that someone from 2300 found this box and item. In here is my personal laptop. Since laptops and other electronic devices have been destroyed in 2012 while humans deserted the lands to a safer area with necessities such as clothes and food, I decided to leave and keep my laptop safe and hidden in the ground. I believe this is something full of mystery for you. Have fun finding out about it.”

My mom’s eyes and mine met. We both knew our adventure had just begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something to know about the time that they are living in: it's basically like our lives besides the fact that they don't have electronic devices and no stairs- just elevators. You'll see that in the chapters later on. Also, there are less racism.