Status: Incomplete

Unraveling the Past

Chapter 5

I quickly ducked behind a bush and watched Mrs. Ecin and the stranger. Mrs. Ecin glanced at me and I knew she saw where I was hiding. She started to speak loudly to the man (I guess she wanted me to hear).

“I’m sorry sir, I’m tired now at my old age and I have no time to talk to you about laptops. Tomorrow I’m going to visit my son; I’m not coming back until next week. So goodbye.” Before slamming her door to her house however, Mrs. Ecin gave me a knowing look. I sighed in relief.

After Mrs. Ecin closed the door, the man stalked back onto the streets. I decided to follow this mysterious man, making sure to stay hidden and keep a fair distance away. He walked a few blocks and then stopped. I held my breath as he looked around and turned behind a house in the corner. I held my breath, counting to ten. When I finished, a car turned from where the man had gone. I ignored it and came out of my hiding place to continue following the man.

That was the worst decision I had probably ever made. As soon as I passed the car, a strong arm grabbed me, tied me up in ropes, and stuffed a dirty rag into my mouth. Just then, everything became black.

My vision was blurring when I finally woke up. A man that had been pacing back and forth stopped and glanced at me to see if I had woken up. I studied him. He had on baggy pants and a mud-covered shirt. He also wore a fan cap (The caps have a fan attached to it that keeps you cool when it’s hot). He looked about 5 feet and 11 inches tall. His hair was messy and a dark shade of brown. His skin was also quite dark.

Just then, he noticed I had woken up and began to look at me with piercing eyes.

“So, you finally woke up.” I glared at him. This was the man who had kidnapped me. I struggled to be free of whatever tied me to a chair.

“You can’t escape that. The ropes have been knotted tightly and the chains have been locked.” My vision became clearer when he finished speaking and I noticed what he had said was true. He came closer and I spat at him.

“Fiesty, aren’t you? Well, anyways, let me introduce myself. I’m Dr. Kim. I used to be your mother’s coworker until she tried to ruin my reputation.” I ignored him and tried to think of a plan to free myself.

“Stop moving and tell me what that old lady told you about laptops!” The man shouted that sentence so loud that my attention actually was towards him this time. It was a good thing I did though, because I finally knew who exactly had kidnapped me.

“NEVER! She didn’t tell me anything about laptops! And my mother did NOT ruin your reputation! You’re just being a jerk and blaming everything on my mother!” Dr. Kim turned away and said, “Fine then, I’ll leave you here to decided whether to tell me or not. By sundown, you will either tell me or not tell me. If you don’t, I shall stab you. And I’ll make sure you will have a slow and painful death.”

After he left, one of his assistants stepped out from a dark corner and forced me to drink a bitter liquid. Before I could decide what to do at sundown, I had already fallen asleep once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first time writing about a kidnapping. I hope you guys enjoy this part. :]