Status: Incomplete

Unraveling the Past

Chapter 6

I began to open my eyes and the first thing I saw was a shiny and sharp object pointing between my eyes. As my eyes widened with fear, I noticed the evil face of Dr. Kim behind the object. I glanced behind him and noticed it was already sundown.

My heart pounded against my chest, remembering what he had told me before.

“So, Lyla, what is your decision?” I desperately tried to think of a plan to escape. Beads of sweat slid down my forehead. Usually, when I tried to think desperately, my hands start to move around by themselves. Before I knew it, my hands had become free.

“Well??” At last, a plan began to form in my head. It was dangerous, yet I knew I had to attempt it.

“Lyla, I’m going to count to 3 or else you’re dead.” Dr. Kim glared at me and I recognized that he didn’t know my hands were free.

“3…2…” Before he could finish, I dodged to my right and stood up as much as I could with a chair tied to me. I grabbed the knife out of his hands and with a quick movement, all the chains and ropes fell off of me. I looked over to Dr. Kim and saw that he had a look of shock on his face.

I did a quick survey of the room and realized that there seemed to be no escape. The only door was made out of metal and had a keyboard to type in the password needed to open it. There was only one window and it was barred. I scanned the ground and my eye caught on something.

Taking the advantage of the fact that Dr. Kim was still frozen in his spot from astonishment, I opened the vent and climbed through it. Opening the other side of the vent, I stuck my head out and breathed in the fresh air.

“She escaped!” Just then, a man started running towards me. I climbed out as quickly as I could and sprinted to random directions following my instincts. After many tiring hours, I finally decided to find a place to rest.

A leaf brushed past my face and I turned just in time to see a tree before I passed it. I began to climb the tree and hid at an area where there were enough leaves to hide me. Luckily, the man that had been chasing me hadn’t seen me climb the tree and ran past it after I had settled down.

At last, tiredness took over me and I began to drift off to sleep. I felt safe because I knew I had escaped…for now…
♠ ♠ ♠
haha...i no this is kinda lame, but I hope u guys won't mind xD spoiler alert: the next chapter will b much more lamer :PP