Status: Incomplete

Unraveling the Past

Chapter 7

The sound of birds chirping woke me up. I stretched and then looked between a few leaves. The coast was clear.

I slung my legs over a branch and began to slowly climb down. As hard as I tried, I still ended up with a few leaves and twigs stuck on me.

“Oh my, what were you doing on that tree?” I jumped five feet in the air and then remembered to turn around. There was a boy that looked about one year older than me. He was quite tall and had the same skin and hair color as me – light brown skin and very dark brown hair. His eyes seemed to be twinkling in laughter.

“Oh my god, you scared the shit out of me.” I glared at him as he chuckled.

“That’s no way to greet someone.” He replied.

“Well I don’t give a piece of bullshit.” I continued glaring.

“You still didn’t answer my question.” I shook my head thinking about how much this boy annoyed the heck out of me.

“You don’t need to fucking know. I don’t talk to strangers. Especially those that act like bitches.” I turned around and started walking.

“Hey! Stop! Okay, okay. I’m sorry, but no need to cuss okay? I’m Mark. And uh, where do you live? You seem like you’re lost.” I stared at him suspiciously, but then decided to tell him; after all, I need to know where I was.

I took a few breaths to calm myself down. “I’m Lyla. And yes, I got lost. Someone was chasing me. I constantly forget my address…so I’ll tell you what my house looks like instead. It’s blue and white. The house across from it looks demented because of its many windows that cover the whole house.”

“Like that one over there?” He pointed to the house across the street from the tree I was in and my jaw fell down. There was the demented covered-in-windows house. And the house next to the tree I was in was my house.

“Uh, yeah. Um…thanks…”

“Now that I found you’re house, will you please tell me what you were doing in a tree next to your house?” I sighed. He’s never going to let me hide the truth.

“Alright, but you better not tell ANYONE this. NO ONE can know.” I glared at him once again.

“Pinky promise?” I stuck my pinky out while he started to chuckle.

“You’re like a little kid.” He replied, but then he stuck his pinky out as well. I led him into my house and then told him what had happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, now, before you start daydreaming, Mark will NOT become her boyfriend. They're just FRIENDS. I don't like writing about love -.-