Status: Incomplete

Unraveling the Past

Chapter 8

After explaining everything to Mark, tears began to pour down my face. Mark looked at me with pity and uncertainty, which then turned to completely pity when he placed a hand on my shoulder. My tears began to stain the carpet and in the end, Mark had to get me a tissue box.

Just then, my mom came home. She took one look at me and hurriedly dropped all her things to run over to me to give me a bear hug. I took a few hiccups and eventually stopped crying.

“Lyla, what’s wrong! You were missing a whole day and when I see you back, you’re crying a river!” I filled in my mom what had happened the day before and introduced Mark in the end.

“Nice to meet you Mark, I’m Lyla’s mom.” Then she turned to me. “Lyla! You must be more careful! I don’t mind dying if it means you can be safe!” I began to cry once again.

“No mom! I won’t lose you! I have to do this!” Mark looked at me and eventually walked over with a cell phone.

“Lyla, I’ll leave you here to calm down. Let me give you my phone number. You can update me on how you’re doing so I can help you when you need me.” He showed me his phone number as I typed his number into my cell phone.

My tears began to dry up on my eyelids when I led Mark out of the house. I thanked him for caring for me and promised to always update him. He wished my luck and told me to stay safe, then walked away.

I gently closed the door and began to run to the elevator to reach my bedroom. Plopping myself down on the bed, I began to think about what I should do next. Determination took over me and I began to plan out the rest of the facts.

After a whole hour of planning, my eyes began to close and before you could say, “HOLY MAC! SHE DIDN’T EAT DINNER,” I was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so to tell you the truth of why I called this chapter "Kind of Like a Filler" is because 1) it seems too short to be a chapter 2) I couldn't think of any other title 3) Just because I felt like it. Plz don't kill me for updating this story so late! xD