‹ Prequel: We'll Be A Deam
Status: Active. Tell Me What You Think. :D

When You Look For Me, You'll Find Me

I Hurt Much More, Than Anytime Before. I Had No Options Left Again.

Today, we were going to the ultrasound place. I was really nervous because, today would be the day we would figure out the sex of our baby. Hopefully.

Lola was with Kyle and Fiona for the day, sow e didn’t have to worry about her. “You ready?” Jonathan asked me, clutching my hand tightly. I knew he was excited.

I nodded happily. “Totally. Even if we don’t get to figure out if it’s a boy or girl, we still get to see it.” I said. He nodded and parked into a parking spot when my phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I flinched and held the phone away from my ear. Jonathan looked at it strangely. “What the hell?” he asked.

I blinked. “It’s…Ashley.” I said, slowly putting the phone back to my ear. “Um, what happened Ashley?”

“Caleb asked me to marry him!!”

I coughed as we got out of the car. “What? Seriously? And you said yes?”

“Well duh! I’m so excited!”

“Well, I’m happy for you two. How about we grab some lunch after this at IHOP ok?”

“Ok! Call us when you’re done! Bye!”

“Bye Ash.”

I hung up and smiled. “What was that all about?” Jonathan asked, grabbing my hand. “Caleb and Ashley are getting married.” I sang.

He raised an eyebrow. “So, he did do it.” He whispered to himself. I smacked his chest. “Ow!”

“So you knew and didn’t tell me?!” I asked, shocked. He smiled nervously. “Well, sort of. He was talking about it with us the other day. I guess he did it.”

I sighed as we walked inside. “Well, whatever. We’re going to IHOP with them afterwards.

He nodded and we sat down in some seats. “Sooo?” he asked after awhile. I turned to him. “What?”

“Are you happy for them?”

“Of course! They were meant for each other!”

He kissed me. I raised an eyebrow. “What was that for?” He kissed me again. “’Cause I love you.” He said, and kissed me again.

“Liz?”

I jumped and turned to the nurse in her blue scrubs. “Oh, sorry. Right here.” I stood up slowly. “Come on Jonathan.” I said, grabbing his hand. He groaned and stood up. “I don’t wanna walk.” He whined.

I rolled my eyes as we followed the nurse to the room. “Edward will be with you in a moment.” She said, and left.

Jonathan lifted up my shirt below my chest. “What are you doing?” He ran his hands over my enlarging stomach. “We’re gonna have a baby.” He said. I giggled.

“Yes, we are. Are you excited?”

He looked at me, smiling stupidly. “Duh! I’m gonna be a dad.”

He pulled my shirt down, and sat down in the chair. He grabbed my hands. “Hey Liz?”

“Hmm?” I swayed our arms back and forth. “I love you babe.”

“I love you too.”

He let go of my hands right when Edward walked in. He smiled at us. “Good morning. How are the happy newlyweds?” He said. I chuckled. “Just fine. How are you?”

“I’m good. Had a busy week.” He put the napkin in my pants, lifted my shirt up, and laid me down on the table.

He rubbed the jelly over my stomach, and began to move the device over it. “So, you ready to see your baby?” He asked. I nodded excitedly.

“How was the honeymoon?” He asked awkwardly. I blushed lightly. “Fine. We had fun. It went buy fast though.”

He nodded and turned the TV on. The black and white screen popped up, making me jump slightly. Edward chuckled as Jonathan sat closer to me.

“Has the baby kicked yet?”

I nodded. “Ya. Every now and then. It’s rare though.”

“Well, the baby is still small. It will be a while before you feel the kicks starting to get harder and harder. The baby is growing quite well actually. There’s the head.”

He pointed to a large white circular thing on the screen. I smiled lightly. That was my baby.

“Now, let’s see if we can tell if it’s a boy or girl.”

He moved the object over to the other side of my belly, and more white showed up on the screen. He chuckled and pointed to a small spot.

“See that right there,” I squinted my eyes. I could clearly see the small white-ish thing, whatever it was, sticking out. I nodded. “It’s a boy.”

“Yes!” Jonathan shot out of his chair. I chuckled. “So, I’m gonna have a baby boy?” I asked Edward. He nodded, laughing slightly.

“Yes. It seems like you two should have a baby boy.” He said, turning the machine off. He wiped my belly off with a cloth and helped me off the table. I pulled my shirt down and looked at Jonathan.

He was standing by the door impatiently with the biggest grin I’d ever seen on him. I giggled. “Thank you, Edward. We’ll be seeing you.” I said.

“No problem. Congratulations you two!” He said happily, waving at us as we left his room. I smiled and waved back before Jonathan grabbed my hand.

“It’s a boy!” He said. I giggled and squeezed his hand lightly. “I know. I was there.” I laughed at him.

He swung our arms back and forth, still smiling. “You seem pretty happy.” I joked as we made our way to the car. He grinned and opened the door for me. I shook my head and slid in.

He got in on his side, still smiling. I giggled. “Calm down Jonathan. I know you’re happy but don’t kill us.” I joked. He chuckled. “Alright. Where to?” He asked, backing out.

“IHOP. Let me call Ashley and tell her we’re on our way.” I said, grabbing my phone. He nodded and started driving down the road.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Ash. We’re heading to IHOP right now.”

“Oh. Alright. Well, we’ll leave in a second. See you then.”

“Ya. Bye!”

I put my phone and looked at Jonathan. He was staring at the road intently. “So, you ready?” I asked, grabbing his hand.

He jumped slightly but laced our fingers together. “Ready for what?” He asked as we came to the IHOP. It was that far from the ultrasound place. “To be a dad?” I smiled.

He parked the car and leaned back in his seat. He turned and looked at me. “Ya. I am. I can’t wait.” He said happily. I giggled. “How about you? You ready to be a mom?”

I nodded excitedly as we looked at each other. “Yes! But, I’m just scared about giving birth.” I admitted. He chuckled slightly and placed a hand on my cheek.

“Everything will be fine baby. Let’s go eat, ok?”

We got out of the car and he linked our hands together. “So, Ashley and Caleb are getting married.” He said, opening the door for me. I giggled and nodded. “Yup. Can you imagine what their children will be like?”

He looked at me for a second. “Oh, god.” He muttered. I laughed. “Don’t be so mean.” I said, hitting his chest.

He chuckled and grabbed his chest. “Ow. Abusive much?” He joked. I smiled. “You have no idea.”

We got seats, and the waiter took us to them. He handed us four menus, and told us he’d be right back.

Just then my phone went off, and I quickly answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hey!!!!!!!! Lizzy! You guys have a nice lunch. We can’t come, surprise visit from my mom!”

I chuckled. “Alright. It’s fine. We’ll see you two later, ok? Bye. Love you.”

“Love you guys too. Bye!”

I hung up and looked at Jonathan. “What happened?” He asked. “Ashley and Caleb can’t make it. Her mom stopped by.”

“Oh.Ok. So I guess it’s just us, huh?” He asked, putting his arm around my shoulder and kissing my cheek. I chuckled as the waiter came back.

I ordered some coffee and a water, while Jonathan just got coffee. “What do you wanna do?” he asked, resting his head on my shoulder. I sighed. “I dunno. What do you wanna do?”

He chuckled. “I just asked you, because I had no idea.” He said. I giggled. “You’re such a dork.” I said.

He moved his head so our foreheads were pressed together. “Is this a bad thing?” He asked. I giggled again. “Not at all.”

He kissed me lightly. “I love you Liz.” I smiled. “I love you too Jonathan.”

____________________________________________________________

“Mommy?”

I set Lola down on the couch. We just got back from picking her up from Kyle and Fiona. Apparently they had gotten into a little argument. I didn’t ask. I’d just let them sort it out themselves.

“Yes?” I answered, setting my purse down. Jonathan was in the kitchen, grabbing her a Capri Sun.

“Where did you go?” She asked, bouncing up and down. I smiled at her and sat down beside her. “Well, we went to go find out what the baby is going to be. Then we went out to lunch. And-“

“Baby?” She questioned. I nodded and grabbed her hand. “You remember, mommy has a baby in her tummy, right?” I placed her small hand over my slightly bigger stomach. “Oh! Baby!” She squealed happily. I laughed.

“Yes. It’s going to be a baby boy.” She looked at me. “Baby boy? Like a brother?” She asked. I nodded. “Yes, like a brother.”

“Name?”

“His name will be Matthew Alexander.”

She nodded. “Matthew.” She repeated. “And guess what?”

“What?”

“Aunt Ashley and Uncle Caleb are going to get married.” I told her. She tilted her head to the side. “Married?”

“You remember when me and mommy got married, don’t you?” Jonathan asked, handing her the pouch and sitting next to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closely.

Lola nodded quickly, taking a sip of the fruity drink. “Well, Aunt Ashley and Uncle Caleb are going to do the same thing!” He said. She smiled. “Ya!” She squealed.

We chuckled lightly, but it was cut short by a loud knocking on the door. “I’ll get it.” Jonathan said, before kissing my temple and getting off the couch.

“So, Lola, what do you wanna do today?” I asked, standing up. She looked up at me, the Capri Sun straw stuck in her mouth. I giggled lightly.

“Go away!”

I jumped and turned towards the foyer. That was Jonathan. “Mommy, what was that?” Lola asked, obviously frightened. I looked back at her. “I don’t know baby. Come on. Let’s go to the bedroom.”

I bent over and picked her up, placing her on my hip. “Just get the fuck out of my house before I call the cops, ok?!” Lola dropped her drink on the floor and clung to me tightly.

“Mommy. I’m scared.” She whined. I kissed her head. “Shh, it’ll be ok.”

I quickly got to her room, and set her down on her bed. “Mommy.” She cried. “Shh, it’ll be alright. I’ll be right back I promise.” I said. She nodded and grabbed a stuffed unicorn, holding it tightly to her chest.

I slipped out of her bedroom, and made my way back into the living room. There was yelling, it sounded like Jonathan and another person. A man.

Slowly I crept into the foyer, to see Jonathan at the door. He looked beyond pissed. “What will it take to get you to leave?” He asked, folding his arms across his chest.

“Just let me see them.”

I froze. Shit.

It was my father. Again.

__________________________________________________________________
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I've Been Busy. :(