Status: slowly chugging along

No One Can Touch Us

Black Cat

-Jack’s POV-

“I’m not so sure about tonight...” I heard Hannah say as we walked together with my arm around her shoulder. I softly stroked her arm reassuringly.

“It’s just a party.” I said, laughing.

“Yeah. With people from bands I love. And hundreds of opportunities for me to embarrass myself.”

“I promise I won’t let anything happen to you.” I said and bent down slightly to kiss her temple.

“...BECAUSE YOU’RE DEFINITELY THE MOST SUAVE GUY OUT THERE.”

“HEY. I AM PERFECTLY SMOOTH.” I shouted, only to trip over a rock on the ground seconds after.

“I rest my case.” she said, snorting.

“...You’ll be fine.” I said, letting go of her to reach into the depths of my pant pockets in order to look for the key as we approached the door to my house. “We have a couple of minutes to relax and get ready before we have to meet Alex and Selma at his house.”

“It’s still gonna be disastrous.” she whispered and I couldn’t help but to grab her shoulders with my hands, shaking her lightly.

“YOU’RE GONNA BE FINE. Just think of it this way- If you don’t go, you won’t see the surprise I have in store for you.”

She quickly leaned in to kiss me and I shuddered as the familiar feeling of weightlessness rushed through my body. “I hate surprises.”

She turned the doorknob to my house as I stood there motionless. I snapped out of my trance and followed her in, noticing her mouth gaping open widely.

“You LIVE here?!”

-Alex’s POV-

“WHAT AM I EVEN GONNA WEAR TONIGHT?!” she yelled, pacing the length of my room as I reclined on the bed, laughing at her under my breath. “What are you smirking at, Gaskarth?” She redirected her pacing and came over to my place on the bed, climbing over me. Holding her hair up and out of my face, she bent down and rested her forehead on mine, instantly speeding up my heartbeat.

“Nothing.” I said, cracking a smile.

She paused momentarily. “I love your crooked grin.” she replied and kissed me quickly on the cheek, springing up immediately after.

“You do realize it’s a costume party?... And we have costumes?” I asked after noticing her continue her pacing.

“...That’s not the point. I’m just... GENERALLY NERVOUS. AT LEAST GIVE ME A HINT AS TO WHO’S GONNA BE THERE.”

“...Well, everyone. Any band we’ve ever toured with, all of the crew, Marky from GK, and Worsnop might come.” I said, getting up from the bed and going over to where she was standing by the closet.

“I LOVE HIM.”

“Well at least this time he won’t be able to hit on you.” I said, slipping my arms around her waist from behind. “Because you’re mine.”

“Meh. Danny can hit on me as much as he wants.” she replied, giggling softly to herself.

“Ouch.”

“What? Oh come on. Unlike you, I’m not used to being wanted by guys...” she paused, pondering what she had just said. “WAIT, NO-” she said, erupting in melodious laughter. “That’s not what I meant.”

I chimed in with a brief chuckle. “Well I’m not letting him come near you. Because I want you more.” My lips searched for her temple and I felt her shiver slightly as I pressed them against her.

“That was my ear, you dummy.” she whispered, turning to face me and wrapping her arms around my neck. She pulled me into her and hugged me tightly. Just as I closed my eyes in a desire to stay there forever, the doorbell rang and she was out of my arms and flying downstairs.

I slowly followed her down and entered the front hall only to see Jack and Hannah standing there, all dressed up. Jack was wearing a Fred Flintstone outfit and was holding Hannah by the hand, who was dressed up in a black cat suit.

Jack pointed her finger over at her. “SHE’S A BLACK TITTY.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hahaha awkward ending.. i'll explain it in the next chapter