Status: slowly chugging along

No One Can Touch Us

Bite Your Lip and Fake It

-Alex’s POV-

Selma and I pulled up to the same venue that All Time Low had performed at the night before. There was an enormous line of teenage males waiting for doors to open, with the occasional unhappy-looking girlfriend scattered randomly in the crowd of people. Selma began to make her way to the back of the line when I pulled on her hand.

“Guest list, remember?” I said, smiling widely as her face lit up happily. I led her to the back entrance, still holding her hand. The beauty of going to a different genre concert than my band is that there aren’t too many screaming fangirls that want to maul me, making the walk to the back entrance virtually painless.

We stepped into the backstage area and I saw Selma inhale sharply when we came across the boys from Asking Alexandria, all reclining on the couches and sipping Monster. Her excitement brought a smile to my face.

“Alex, my man!” called out Danny, springing up from the couch once he saw the two of us approach.

“Hey man! How are you?” I replied, answering the bro-hug he had offered me.

“Good good. Can’t WAIT for the show tonight.” he said, and then turned to Selma, who stood a bit behind me, gaping speechlessly. “ ‘Ello, love.”

“Haiii.” she choked out, her voice barely above a whisper.

“She’s bit of a quiet one, isn’t she?” Danny said, looking at me.

“Nahh. She just worships you guys.”

“A pretty lady like you loves our music?” Danny continued, a sudden unknown anger spreading through my insides.

“AHHHH, OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU GUYS, BEN SOLD ME A SHIRT AT BAMBOOZLE, I DROVE 6 HOURS TO GET THERE FOR YOU, AND YOU’RE BRITISH, AND I WANTED TO MOSH BUT HEAT AND COULDN’T, BAHHH AND MR. BROOKS, WITH THE SLIT YOUR THROAT, SHIVERS EVERY SINGLE TIME. OH MY FUCKING GOD AND THE CRABCORE AND THE- Hi. I’m Selma.”

“Maybe she’s not as quiet as I thought...” Danny turned to me again, laughing.

Ben got up from his spot on the couch. “HEY! I remember you!” he said, pointing at Selma.

“WHAT?” she squeaked.

“YOU. Were the girl... WITH THE FACE?!”

“...Damn. You’re good.” she replied, noting the sarcasm in his voice.

“THANKS.”

“Well now that you’re done freaking out...” Danny began, handing Selma a can of Monster from the fridge. “We can all just chill before it’s time for our set.”

“Uhh, thanks but I don’t drink Monster. Do you REALLY think I need more energy?”

“Hmm. Maybe not.” he replied, laughing.

I involuntarily interrupted with a loud, fake laugh just to make Selma realize that I was there too.

She glanced over at me with a look of confusion on her face and turned back to the boys; the rest of them had gotten up from the couch and crowded her.

“So, who’s opening tonight?” she asked.

“Well. Attack Attack! and I See Stars, and then BMTH is on after us.” replied James.

“...Excuse me?” she coughed. “D-Did you just..? AAAHHHH lalalala, I’m in a happy place right now.” she said, leaping out to hug him, which made my throat close up slightly.

“Uhh, I’m gonna go grab some air.” I said.

“Yeah of course, can I come with you?” Selma asked.

A weight was lifted off of my chest. “Yeah, I’d love that.”

“We’ll be right back.” she said to the boys.

“We’ll be... Right here.” said Cam.

“Okay, perfect!” she smiled and wheeled around, linking her arm with mine. “Ready?”
I nodded slightly and led the way out of the venue and into the alley in the back.

“Well Danny sure seemed interested in you.” I said to her after listening to her thank me for a good 5 minutes.

“What? No.” she replied.

“Oh come on, with the ‘‘ELLO LOVE’?” I said, mocking him.

She laughed loudly. “As if. Why would he be interested? I’m creepy.”

“It’s cute.”

“You’re cute.” she said and my throat closed up again. “See? Creepy.” She checked the time on her phone. “Shit. The show’s starting. Sorry!” she said and dashed into the venue, undoubtedly assuming her position in the photo pit, leaving me to my racing thoughts.