His Own Harley Quinn

Fifteen

Crane turned on the lights in the house as the sun set in Gotham, the echoed screams and moans of Harley Quinn and The Joker in their bedroom only made him want to puke as he walked into the living room.
Jackie was lying on the couch, her eyes were closed as her breathing evened out. Crane took the book next to her and put it back on the bookshelf when he heard Jackie sigh.
“Are they always that loud?” she muttered, not opening her eyes.
Crane nodded “Yeah, always…” he muttered back to her.
Jackie hummed before letting herself rest again, Jonathan Crane was pretty sure that at that point Jackie Gibbard could care less if she was killed or kidnapped for that matter.
Crane looked around the living room for a blanket to shield Jackie with from the cold, the chair he was standing next to had a small blanket with a pillow with it. It was going to have to do for now.
He tucked her in, watching her rest for a moment, before walking into the office and opening his laptop.
Crane opened his internet browser to the news, the bright lights nearly blinded the criminal for a moment before he blinked to see the story of the day in Gotham.
“Wayne Enterprise heir missing” the news article read, Crane smirked as he clicked on the link to read the full story about the ‘beautiful’ yet ‘lost’ Jackie Gibbard who was last seen at Arkham Asylum.
Jonathan smiled as he printed out the story, this was going in The Joker’s achieves, he knew The Joker would be proud to, in a way, make the top story of the day.

“Alfred?” Jackie muttered, waking up the next morning with a blaring T.V. being on somewhere.
Jackie’s blue eyes opened to discover that she was still in the nightmare that was yesterday, she felt her rage building up as she sat up on the couch.
She wrapped the small blanket around her as she listened to the noises around her, something was cooking in the kitchen, The Joker was talking loudly, and someone was walking up behind her.
“MORNING!” Harley screamed.
Jackie squealed as she fell of the couch, turning to Harley as she giggled. Jackie shook her head in frustration as she stood up.
“Don’t do that!” Jackie said, wanting to punch her in the face so badly.
Harley contained herself as she cleared her throat “Sorry, breakfast is ready!” she said, dancing back into the kitchen.
Jackie sighed, dropping the blanket and walking into the kitchen where The Joker was reading the paper and Jonathan Crane was cooking breakfast and watching the morning news.
She turned to the T.V. as she listened to the news anchor talk. Harley handed Jackie a cup of coffee before guiding her to the empty chair next to The Joker, who didn’t look up from his paper.
Crane placed breakfast on the table and cleared his throat as he sat at the end of the table, across from the Joker.
Harley sat across from Jackie “Ready, puddin?” she asked.
The Joker folded up his paper and placed it on the table “Ready…who’s gonna saw grace today?” he asked.
“Grace? You guys actually say grace?” Jackie asked.
Harley nodded “Yeah, we pray for total domination…” she said, smiling brightly.
“I’ll pass…” she said, then hearing a familiar voice on the T.V. Jackie turned to see Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth on the television.
Jackie gasped as she turned up the volume, watching Bruce and Alfred in the middle of a press conference.
“…we have been informed that Jackie was in fact, kidnapped. And all we ask is that you bring her back. This young woman has been in trouble, but she had paid her dues…and she did nothing to deserve this. I’m willing to pay a ransom for her. Thank you.” Bruce said before walking away from the press.
Jackie lost her breathe, she slowly stood up from her chair and walked out of the kitchen.

She sat against the hallway wall, praying to God that he either kill her or help her get out of this mess. But she was pretty sure God wasn’t listening to those requests.
Crane cleared his throat “Something to share?” he asked, his hands in his pockets as he looked down at her.
Jackie sighed “What’d I do?” she asked.
Crane shook his head “Nothing. It’s who you know…that’s what got you here.” He said.
Jackie sighed as she picked her the stitching in her jeans “I don’t talk to him anymore.” She said before looking up at Crane.
“You think that’s going to stop him from saving you? Wanting him to protect you? Once you’re in bed with the Batman, you don’t get out.” Crane remarked, sitting next to Jackie.
Jackie gagged “That sounds so derogatory…” she whispered.
Crane smiled “Well, maybe it’s supposed to sound that way.” He said before touching her arm “What’s stopping you from fighting us?” he whispered in her ear.
Jackie turned to Crane and smiled “The fact that I can’t find a goddamn frying pan to kick your ass with…” she said, standing up and walking down the hallway before opening a random door and walking inside.
Crane smiled to himself, Jackie had just walked into a closet.
Jonathan walked towards the closet and leaned against the wall next to it “If you’re going to storm off into a room…you might want to know where they are.” He remarked.
“Go to hell.” Jackie yelled, being mumbled by coats and scarves.
Crane sighed “Suit yourself then.” He said, walking away and back into the kitchen where The Joker and Harley Quinn were waiting for him.

Jackie sighed as she sat in the closet, her pride was too high for her to just walk out of a closet and pretend to be civil.
The man who killed her parents was in the kitchen cracking jokes and trying to be nice to her, Jackie promised herself that if he opened the closet door, she would kill him.
The laughter of the ‘friends’ made Jackie miss home. She was missing Alfred’s jokes and Bruce’s ‘Batman Gone Wrong’ stories, she missed her bed and all of her friends.
Jackie just wanted to go home.