His Own Harley Quinn

Sixteen

Her breath was fogging up the window as she watched the People of Gotham continuing their day while she longed for freedom.
Jackie had been in the house for a week and nothing had seemed to change. She was still stuck in the same house with Joker, still stuck in the same room, still stuck with the fact that she may never see her home again.
Harley cleared her throat from the doorway. “Hey, we should go shopping!” she said, smiling brightly.
Jackie turned to Harley and sighed. “I don’t have any money…”
“Yeah, you do.” She giggles tossing Jackie her purse.
Jackie gasped. “You had my purse and you never told me?” she exclaimed.
“Well, didn’t think you were going to need it…plus your Blackberry was in there…”
“I see,” Jackie said bitterly. She turned back to the window.
Harley sighed, waiting for Jackie’s anger to leave her “You want to go to the mall or not?” she asked.
Jackie turned back to Harley and opened her mouth to say something. Failing to come up with any excuse as to why she shouldn’t go, she finally nodded to the other woman.

The mall was almost empty when Harley and Jackie walked through it. The people passing glanced at Jackie before realizing that they did know her—she was on the news after all!
Harley was clueless to the stares as she skipped to every store. One man stopped just a few feet from where Jackie and Harley were sitting. He had recognized her almost immediately. He quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. Harley noticed this and looked from the man to Jackie.
“Shit,” she whispered. “We have to go.” She stood and grabbed Jackie by the arm.
“What? Where are we going?” she asked as Harley led her away.
The man followed them. Before Harley could get Jackie through the door to the parking lot he grabbed Jackie by the wrist.
“You’re not going anywhere with her,” he said pulling her back.
Harley whirled around and from out of nowhere had her gun cocked, loaded, and aimed at the man’s head. His eyes went wide for a moment before Harley pulled the trigger.

“I’m very disappointed in you Harley!” The Joker yelled.
“I’m sorry, puddin’. I was just trying to be nice,” Harley wept.
The Joker groaned. “Sorry just isn’t going to cut it this time!” he said. “Although I’m happy that we got some air time on the news, I don’t like that you took our kidnapee out in public. What if someone followed you back here?!”
Harley muttered another sorry through her tears. The Joker shook his head before he stormed away from her.

Jackie sighed as she leaned against the bed in the dark, the rain was coming down hard but it was comforting to her.
The bedroom door opened and closed quietly, Jackie sighed. “It’s open.” She remarked sarcastically.
“It usually is.” Crane shot back.
Jackie sighed heavily as she continued to look out the window while Jonathan Crane slid next to her, sitting against the bed while taking off his reading glasses before rubbing his head.
“They’re a handful.” Jonathan remarked.
Jackie just shrugged her shoulders, not looking away from the rainy window and Crane noticed this and the severity of her concentration.
“Do you like the rain?” he asked.
Jackie tensed; she rubbed a smudge off her Converse shoes as she bit her lip nervously. “My friends and I had this great idea to steal my neighbors trash cans and roll down the hill in them while it rained…”
She smiled as she remembered that day. “...and I remember being at the bottom of the hill, still in the trash can, listening to the rain pitter-patter against it. And I remember thinking; ‘this is how I want it to always be like, peaceful, simple’ The rain makes me feel simple again,” She said.
Crane nodded. “Why’d you stop believing?” he asked.
“My parents died, and I left my friends behind.” Jackie said, finally turning to Crane.
Jackie’s dark blue eyes met with Crane’s icy blues and a nerve hit the Scarecrow as he leaned in and kissed the vulnerable teenager.
She pushed him away quickly and was in shock as she looked at Jonathan Crane, he looked just as lost as she was as she slapped him across the face.
Crane held his cheek for a moment, thinking he could fill her head up with thoughts of lust as he looked at her. “Have you never felt the touch of a man, Jackie?” he asked her softly.
“Now you’re just being a perve.” She snapped moving off the bed.
Crane smirked. “Or maybe I know you like things rough and complicated. It only makes sense since you run with the Batman,” He said grabbing her wrist.
“No, it doesn’t; because, Batman never hit on me in his Batcave!” Jackie said.
Crane stood, liking the ferocity in the little girl. “You mean that really exists?” he asked pulling her against him.
“Maybe.” She whispered, being paralyzed by what was going on. Crane had control at that point as he leaned over her, smirking in self confidence.
Crane stroked her hair softly for a moment. “Did you ever imagine your first time to be during a rain storm?” he asked.
Jackie rolled her eyes. “No, but it doesn’t matter. Cause ‘our’ first time was me being sedated while strapped to a gurney, remember?” she asked in her sarcastic tone.
Jonathan held Jackie’s curvy waist as he kissed her neck. “I’ll make up for that this time.” He said, his long and boney fingers holding tightly to her waist as she pushed him away roughly.
“This time? There won’t even be a ‘this time’!” she said.
Crane remained in control as she continued to fight him off. All he wanted was to take her again, to have her soft, sweet body against his.
“Let go of me!” she hissed.
“Just trust me,” He whispered.
Jackie let her fingernails dig into Crane’s arm when the bedroom door shot open “Scarecrow!” The Joker yelled.
Crane looked up from Jackie. “Let’s go get into trouble,” He said, walking out of the bedroom.
He looked back down at Jackie. “To Be Continued…” he said, placing a gentle kiss on her lips before letting her go and walking out of the bedroom after the Joker.
Jackie stood there in shock, her heart pounding. She had gotten lucky this time.

The boys left, Jackie walked out of the bedroom, stripping off her clothing and shoes as she walked towards the bathroom.
Harley watched amusingly while trying to hide a smile “What’s the matter?” she asked.
“I have to take a shower,” Jackie said, opening the bathroom door in nothing but her bra and underwear “I feel so dirty.” She said, walking into the shower.
Harley shrugged her shoulders, she’d find out once Jackie got out of her shower.