His Own Harley Quinn

Seventeen

“They think I’m dead!!” she yelled in his face. Jackie was no longer allowed herself to be intimidated by the clown make-up and was more than willing to introduce his face to her fist at that point.
The Joker smirked. “Good! We won’t have to be watching our backs anymore!” he insisted back to her.
Jackie huffed and puffed in the kitchen, Harley insisted that it was Jackie’s turn to make breakfast. The Joker followed her. In all of her anger she grabbed the frying pan from the stove top and smacked The Joker’s face with it.
Scarecrow and Harley Quinn tackled Jackie down to the ground after the incident, Jackie screamed at the top of her lungs as she tried to fight them.
“Go get your sedative, Crane! Quick, before I lose my grip!” Harley yelled, watching Crane as he ran towards his room.
Jackie screamed again. “GET OFF ME!!!” she yelled.
Crane came back, pressing the teenager to the tiled floor as he injected the needle into her arm as she relaxed slowly. Jackie quit fighting the villains as she looked across from her, watching The Joker picking himself up off the floor.
“Well, she surely knows how to use a frying pan,” Crane remarked softly.
Jackie’s vision began to blur, she lay on the cold tile floor and allowed the sedative to take her.

She smelt nail polish as she awoke. She was lying down on the bed in the dimly lit room. Jackie opened her eyes and looked down to see Harley painting Jackie’s toe nails and humming a tune that she didn’t care to recognize.
“What are you doing?” Jackie muttered softly.
Harley smiled sweetly. “Painting your nails…I hope you don’t mind the color,” She said.
The blood red nail color didn’t bother her as she lay back down on the soft pillow. “I want to go home,” Jackie whispered.
Harley shook her head. “You can’t,” she muttered.
Jackie sighed, trying to hold back her tears of frustration. “Why not?” she nearly sobbed.
“Because we’re still waiting for Batman,” Harley said, finally looking up at Jackie.
Jackie chocked up. “He can’t be sure I’m alive,” She insisted.
Harley was about to argue when The Joker and the Scarecrow walked into the bedroom; The Joker with a video camera, and Scarecrow with another needle.
Crane slowly walked up to Jackie, he stroked her hair softly as he placed the needle into her vain. “Sorry about this,” he whispered.
The Joker giggled. “Lets start this thing!” he said excitedly turning on the camera.

“Good day, Commissioner. As you can see, Jackie Gibbard is still alive; and we’ll return her to Mr. Wayne on one condition…we want the Batman,” The Joker said, showing the sedated Jackie on camera before talking to it.
Harley giggled as she finished Jackie’s pedicure.
The Joker laughed. “I know I should have started off with the video, but Scarecrow and I assumed Batman’s devotion to his little sidekick would bring him right in,” he went on to say.
Jackie took in a deep breathe, The Joker was right, the video was over a month due. Jackie closed her eyes again, letting the villains do their business for a change.

“Hey, Joker…what do you call a cow with no legs?” Jackie heard Crane ask as she awoke from another daze.
The Joker shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t know…” he muttered.
Jackie got off the bed and walked towards the door, opening it up slightly as she saw The Joker and the former doctor in the kitchen.
“Ground beef,” Crane remarked.
The Joker broke out in hysterical laughter and slammed his hand on the table as if it had been the funniest joke he had ever heard.
Boy these guys must be bored, Jackie thought as she inched her way to the kitchen. The Joker stopped laughing.
“That wasn’t very funny.” The Joker remarked, then turning to see Jackie from the corner of his eye.
Crane turned around to look at the teenager; she looked like she had been through hell and back again, but he found that rather appealing about her.
Jackie took in a deep breathe, she eyes the two of them for a moment before walking past the kitchen and into the living room that was empty.
The television in the living room was off. Jackie pushed the on button and sat in front of the T.V and switched channels to the news, but there was nothing of the video anywhere.
Jackie, who was sitting on her knees, fell onto the floor while adjusting her legs. She looked at her arm, two needle marks; she stroked them for a moment before she simply lay on the floor.
“Jackie,” Crane called out, walking out into the living room to find the girl lying on the carpet.
Crane smirked to himself as he walked up to her; he looked down at her while she continued to watch T.V., uninterested in whatever he had to say.
“Harley and The Joker are going out tonight, so it’s just going to be you and me,” Crane said with a smirk on his confident face.
Jackie hummed. “Woopty Doo,” She said sarcastically.
Crane sat on the sofa beside her. Jackie inched away from him. As of late, he was beginning to make her uncomfortable, but in a good way. The news was echoing through the house when The Joker’s voice peered through the T.V.; their video had finally hit the news. The Joker ran out into the living room to see his creation.
Jackie covered her mouth as she captivated herself with what she was seeing, she honestly couldn’t remember half of the video because of the sedative. That thought earned Crane a glare from the corner of her eye. How could one man be so rough yet so gentle?
“Well, that’ll certainly get his attention,” The Joker commented after their piece was over.
Jackie turned to The Joker before getting up off the floor, she crossed her arms.
“Good luck getting your ass handed to you,” she said before walking into the bedroom.
The Joker grinned whole heartedly. “I will,” he muttered to himself.