His Own Harley Quinn

Twenty-Five

She paced as she waited for all three tests to be done.
They sat on the cold bathroom counter while Harley sat on the toilet watching Jackie watch the tests.
Harley looked at her watch before sighing. She looked up at Jackie and softly smiled. “…you know, this isn’t a big deal,” She whispered.
Jackie turned to Harley and shook her head. “I’m 18. I shouldn’t be knocking boots with a guy in his thirties…let alone be pregnant by him,” She whispered, sliding against the door and onto the floor.
“I had plans,” Jackie whispered.
Harley nodded. “I know, Honey.”
Jackie combed her fingers through her hair while Harley looked down at her watch again.
“They should be done,” Harley muttered, getting up off the toilet.
Jackie pushed herself up from the door and looked at the tests on the counter.
All three said positive.
Harley sighed as she put her arm around Jackie “You are, most definitely, pregnant,” she whispered.
Jackie tried to hide her tears. She sniffed and covered her face with her hands as she attempted to get control of herself.
She took in a deep breathe, her eyes watery as she looked at herself in the mirror. “I gotta get out of here,” She whispered, opening the bathroom door wide open.
Harley quietly pushed the tests in the trash bin before covering them with toilet paper.
Jackie grabbed her jacket and her heels while she made her way to the front door.
Crane looked up from the T.V. “Where you going?” he asked softly.
“Out,” Jackie snapped putting on her jacket.
The Joker shook his head. “You can’t go out there, not like that!” he remarked.
Jackie opened the door and turned to The Joker. “Fuck you, Joker…and all your rules!” she said before storming out of the apartment.
Harley sighed as she watched the entire scene play out. Crane and The Joker looked to each other in confusion before turning to Harley, who simply shrugged her shoulders.
“Don’t look at me, I didn’t say anything,” Harley remarked.

The cold breeze blew in Jackie’s hair and the leaves danced around her as she walked into Gotham Park.
Jackie felt the chill down her spine as the sun began to set and the tall trees blocked the view, for the first time in a long time, she felt fear for herself.
She kicked a leaf, and smiled to herself as she felt the wind blow again, listening to the leaves on the tree dance.
It reminded her of being with her parents, before they had died, and now she was alone and pregnant, with no clue what she was going to do with herself.
Jackie sat on a bench and relaxed as she watched the view, a storm was coming, and she could see it against the trees in the horizon. She didn’t want to go back to the hideout. She was tired of the small, box of a house they were in.
“…you all can go to hell…” she muttered to herself.
“Only if you went with me,” Crane stated from behind her. He walked to the bench. “Otherwise what would be the point?”
Jackie sighed. “…I think you’d be better off,” she told him.
Crane shrugged his shoulders as he sat next to her. “I think you’re wrong,” he told her.
He patted her thigh. “So, what’s going on? You usually don’t walk out and tell everybody to go ‘fuck themselves’,” Crane asked her.
Jackie smiled as she shrugged her shoulders. “I just get so frustrated sometimes, being in that damn apartment for days and days…and my only source of sun is through a window!” she told him.
Crane nodded. “I know, we should just go and get our own place…right now!” he told her.
Jackie chuckled. “Are you crazy?” she asked.
Crane gave her a ‘what-do-you-think’ look, she nodded. “Right, forgot,” she told him again, she took his hand. “…we can’t just pack up and leave. We should wait,” She suggested.
“Can we look, at least?” he asked, putting his arm around her.
Jackie sighed, she looked at him and his deep sea blue eyes, she wanted to say yes, but had enough control to still say ‘no’.
“Why don’t you and Joker finish your thing with the Batman, and then we’ll go, okay?” Jackie promised him.
Crane kissed her cheek as he held her tightly. “Alright, I can deal with that,” he told her.
He looked up at the sky and sighed. “Lets get back, I don’t wanna get caught in this,” Crane remarked, helping Jackie off of the bench.
Jackie giggled to herself as she got up, walking with Crane out of the park just as thunder began to rumble in the town. While her smile distracted the Scarecrow, she was still wondering what she was going to do about their love child.

Jackie tossed and turned all night, and while Jonathan was out like a light, Jackie’s conscious wouldn’t shut the hell up.
She sighed softly before getting out of bed and walking out of the bedroom and into the living room.
The couch was cold as she sat on it, thinking to herself for a moment before Harley sat next to her in the dark. “Can’t sleep?” she asked.
Jackie shook her head. “What am I gonna do?” she asked.
Harley shrugged her shoulders. “It’s up to you, despite what The Joker or Crane will tell you…does he know?” she asked.
“No. I’m not sure if I’m gonna tell him or not.” Jackie whispered, playing with a thread from the blanket.
Harley gaped at her. “Well, what’s gonna happen if you decide to keep it and then you start showing?” she asked.
Jackie shrugged her shoulders. “Look, I’ve still got time. I don’t have to make one right now,” she remarked.
“But it feels like it, doesn’t it?” Harley asked.
Jackie scowled. “Only because you’re pressuring me to.”
Harley giggled. “Well, I think you should keep it—and tell Jonathan! I mean, really, he’s a lot nicer and caring than Mr. J…not that I don’t love him!” she remarked.
Jackie sighed. “Thanks Harley,” She said.
“Feel better?” Harley asked.
Jackie shook her head. “It sucks having the weight of the world on your shoulders,” she whispered.
Harley nodded as she took her friends’ hand. “I know the feeling.”