His Own Harley Quinn

Twenty-Nine

She looked up at the building, holding the five month old bump; she was wondering why she hadn’t come sooner, but that was beside the point.
Thunder could be heard off the in the distance as she calculated the logic along with the emotional distress she was going to feel after it was all said and done. In her right mind, Jackie would never have considered this option, but now there weren’t many options left for her.
Jackie sighed heavily as she looked down at her stomach then back up at the building just as a rain drop fell on her face. It was then at that moment she snapped back to her normal self as she gazed down at her abdomen; she walked backward, away from the building. She turned and swiftly ran back to the hideout.

The place was dark and a little too quiet as she felt around for the living room light.
“Jon?” Jackie asked as she turned on the light, she didn’t hear much; except a few giggles in the back hallway.
Jackie took in a deep breath and walked to the back hallway and towards her bedroom. She was going to tell Dr. Jonathan Crane everything—and if he got mad, well, then she was asking for it to begin with.
Jackie opened the bedroom door and gasped in surprise. The source of the giggles came from Crane and Harley Quinn in bed together. She made a small sound which surprised the other two in the room.
They all stared at each other, shocked.
“WHORE!” Jackie yelled. She lunged towards Harley and pulled her out of the bed by her hair and dragged her out into the living room.
Jackie didn’t waste a minute as she beat the crap out of Harley, her supposed friend. She didn’t see it coming and didn’t know what went wrong as she gave Harley a taste of her own medicine.
She sent another punch to Harley’s perfect face before someone pulled her off the defenseless girl. Jackie screamed and kicked her trying to free herself from the arms wrapped around her.
The Joker threw Jackie against the wall, her head snapping back against the plaster. He dropped her after impact and glared at her; it was the same intense look the Scarecrow had used a month ago.
Jackie sat on the floor trying to gain her sense before Crane showed up from the dark hallway to help her up.
Crane’s grasp on Jackie was tight as she quickly pushed him away. “DON’T TOUCH ME!! You pig!!” she yelled. Tears threatened to surface but she pushed them back. Crane’s hand grazed her pregnant stomach as he tried to reach out for her, but she pushed him away again.
Jackie huffed as she walked towards the door. He followed her to the door, trying to talk to her; but his attempt to start smoothing things over wasn’t going so well.
“Don’t follow me, Crane!” Jackie yelled, opening the front door and leaving the hideout.
Jackie walked hastily away from the hideout, listening out for Crane to see if he did follow her out of the hideout; but to her great surprise, he didn’t.
She took a deep breath as she kept walking. By now it was raining hard and Jackie didn’t even think twice about going back to the hideout to get a jacket, or an umbrella.
She made it no more than two blocks way when she felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. Jackie winced in pain, she stopped and knelt over for a moment, trying to get a grip on herself. Once it dissipated she started walking again until another sharp stab in her abdomen nearly made her fall to her knees.
Jackie was in tears as her pains kept coming harder and harder but she forced herself to keep walking even with the pains stopping her in her tracks.
Jackie screamed from an intense pain right when a by-standard stopped and ran to her; the man held her arm closely as he looked at Jackie.
“Are you alright?” he asked.
Jackie shook her head vigorously. “No, I think I’m going into labor.” She said softly.

Jackie screamed as she lay in the hospital bed, legs propped up as several doctors looked and observed her.
“Don’t just stand there---” Jackie said before screaming from another sharp contraction.
The nurse sighed as she took Jackie’s hand “Miss, you’re gonna have to hold on for one second,” She said.
Jackie shook her head. “You have to stop this…It’s too soon!” she said through tears.
The doctor looked at Jackie closely; she shook her head before looking up at the nurse. “No, it’s too late, she’s delivering!” she said.
All the people in the room were in a panic as Jackie yelled at them, scared and confused as the doctor and nurses began to scatter, preparing for the premature delivery.
Jackie shook her head as the doctor instructed her to push. This couldn’t possibly be happening.
The doctor and Jackie argued for a few moments. The small fetus fell into the doctor’s arm without Jackie even trying; Jackie couldn’t deny it any longer as the room went quiet. She felt suddenly dizzy from the sight and her vision went dark.

She awoke hours later; upset and tired as she tried to sit up in the bed only to feel the cold metal of the handcuff press against her skin.
Jackie looked at the handcuff before looking up to see Gordon in front of her; his hands in his pockets with his hair close to covering his face, and his glasses they glared at her.
“And how are you?” he asked.
Jackie turned the other cheek. She laid on the bed, trying to ignore Gordon’s presence.
It was the last thing she needed right then, but her day hadn’t been going so smoothly and Jackie wasn’t expecting it to get any better.
Gordon cleared his throat as he moved closer to Jackie’s bed “…I haven’t informed Bruce or Alfred of where you are,” He remarked.
Jackie closed her eyes tightly as a small tear fell from her eyes; she just wanted Gordon to shut up and go away.