His Own Harley Quinn

Thirty-One

“You’ve got one hour.” The guard remarked as he followed Jackie into the so-called dance studio.
Jackie sighed heavily as the guard put a C.D. into the stereo and pressed play; Jackie felt awkward knowing this guard had to watch her dance.
“Whatever you say,” Jackie remarked softly as she began to stretch for a moment.
The soft piano ballad played and echoed through the room, Jackie watched herself in the mirror as she danced the always familiar ballet.
Jackie almost forgot what it was like to ballet, she felt her skin tingle as she spun; being on her very tippy toes as she danced; she was weightless.
The voice of Jackie and The Ballerina became one person for awhile as she danced; her split personality was nothing for her activity.
The hour came and went like it was nothing, Jackie was finally back on her feet planted on the ground as she looked at herself in the mirror.
“Lets go Ms. Gibbard.” The guard remarked.

Lunch was another story, nobody wanted to sit next to The Ballerina except for one man who was almost as crazy as The Joker.
“Hi, I’m Edward Nigma! But you can call me The Riddler…” he remarked softly, taking a bite out of his plain dinner.
Jackie cocked an eye brow, she looked around the cafeteria at the guards; all of which were watching her and The Riddler.
“Can I help you with something?” she asked unsure, pushing her lunch away.
The Riddler shrugged his shoulders “Just wanted to meet the all-too-famous Jackie Gibbard…aka…The Ballerina.” He said in a seductive manner.
“Stop that!” Jackie remarked in an annoyed tone.
The Riddler cocked his head a little “Ohh. So it is true. You ARE Dr. Crane’s girl.” He said.
Jackie rolled her eyes “Not anymore.”
“Hmm…what happened there?” The Riddler asked.
“It’s very complicated and I’d rather not get into it. Especially with you!” Jackie said, taking a big bite out of her stale meatloaf.
The Riddler chuckled “Oh, you’ll be back. I promise. Just look at Harley! Joker beats her to a pulp some days and she still goes crawling back to him.” He said, smirking to himself proudly.
Jackie cocked an eye brow “Yeah, well, what if I told you Crane and the lovely Ms. Quinn were knocking boots…” she remarked.
The Riddler nearly chocked on his pudding, he looked at Jackie in shock “Now that, that’s a story for the books!” he said.
Jackie turned back towards the guards before turning back to The Riddler, she slowly got up and out of her seat “You’re okay…” she spoke softly before walking towards the trash to throw her lunch away.
The Riddler chuckled to himself as he sat alone “…hmm…see you around, maybe.” He muttered.

It had become three weeks now, by then The Riddler had made a run for it and got away from Arkham guards; Jackie still refused to speak to either Alfred or Bruce; and Jackie had been diagnosed as a Paranoid Schizophrenic because of her growing obsession with the little voice in her head.
Jackie was sitting on a cool metal chair with her straightjacket on, waiting for Dr. Green to come into the room.
It was another session, all being recorded and Jackie knew, she KNEW that Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth were watching through the other side of the mirror.
Dr. Green walked in to the room and smiled at the grim-looking Jackie “Good Afternoon, Ms. Gibbard.” She said softly.
Jackie huffed, uninterested in anything she had to say now or in the future.
Dr. Green sat across the table “Got anything interesting for us today?” she asked softly, opening her file and clicking her pen; the typical nice and sweet Psychiatrist she was being made Jackie sick.
“I don’t want them here.” Jackie remarked in a harsh tone.
Dr. Green was confused “Who?” she asked.
“I don’t want Mr. Wayne or Mr. Pennyworth watching me…it makes me sick thinking they can try to find a flip to switch. You switch me.” She remarked.
Dr. Green looked up at the mirror, giving a signal with her eye brows before looking back at Jackie “Anything else?” she asked.
“No. I’m good.” Jackie remarked.
Dr. Green sighed “How are your meds? Are they working?” she asked softly.
“No, their not fucking working! She’s here…she’s there…she’s every-fucking-where! Watching me…waiting to attack me! She wanted to take everything back and she just—she can’t!” Jackie remarked, her voice getting louder with every word.
Dr. Green began to write every word down, Jackie nearly spat at Dr. Green as she shook her head “Oh, go on with your stupid notes! What? Are you going to try and compare your notes about my community service and how sweet and innocent I was to how I am now!?” she asked.
“Uhh…” Dr. Green managed to get out.
“You wanna know what happened?! Dr. Jonathan Crane—raped me! He took me away and right when the moment hit we fell in love, only for him to shatter my heart into a thousand tiny pieces! Are you happy now!?!? You know my secret! Break the fucking code, Dr. Green! I’m waiting!!” Jackie yelled.
Dr. Green dropped her pen from the shock of Jackie’s confession; from all the things she heard from the 15 years of being a Psychiatrist, nothing had shocked Dr. Vivian Green more.
Jackie took in a deep breathe, and from the corner of her blue eye she saw a black figure leaning against the padded walls.
She turned to find herself staring at her, smug with what she had told Dr. Green “Oh,” Jackie said softly.
“…she’s happy, trust me!” the vision of Jackie remarked.
Jackie’s breathing became hallow “You stay out of this.” She said.
The vision of Jackie shrugged her shoulders “It’s too late, secret’s out.” She said, pushing herself away from the wall, getting into Jackie’s face “…and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it!” she said.
Jackie screamed from the frustration, Dr. Green gasped as she got out of her chair, signaling whoever was behind the mirror get out with a sedative pronto.
Dr. Green had managed to crack Jackie Gibbard with few words, and now it seemed like the entire world of Jackie was coming undone.