His Own Harley Quinn

Four

“You needed to see me?” Jackie asked, leaning against the door railing of Dr. Green’s door.
Dr. Green smiled “Yes, I did. I need you to go and give this to Dr. Mason Creed, he’s in charge of Arkham. Just inform him that ‘the patient’ is being transferred.” She said, giving her a slight smile.
Jackie just stared at Dr. Green, wasn’t this something she could do herself or was this a test to prove to the doctor in front of her that she was trustworthy?
“I don’t know where Dr. Creed’s office is.” Jackie said innocently, still not breaking eye contact with Dr. Green.
Dr. Green smiled “Then I’ll have Marty walk with you, show you where to go.” she said, picking up her phone to call the security team.
Jackie stood still with a file in her hand, waiting for the security guard to arrive and escort her to the warden of Arkham Asylum’s office.

“You again,” Jackie said, walking with the familiar guard.
The guard smiled, Marty walked into the elevator with Jackie and remained silent for a moment, almost as though he was thinking of a good question to ask her or an opening statement for a conversation.
Jackie stood next to the guard, clearing her throat as she slightly turned to him “So, somebody’s being transferred?” she asked.
Marty nodded “Yep.” He said.
Jackie nodded “Like somebody being transported to another asylum or--”
“Just to another cell, another, umm, section of the Arkham.” Marty said, nodding to the girl.
Jackie cocked an eye brow “Did somebody get better?” she asked.
“Somebody became a bigger threat.” Marty said, not looking at Jackie who then remained silent in the elevator as the doors slid open.
Marty walked out first “Just this way,” he said, walking down a lit hallway. The eerie feeling kept Jackie on edge as she remained close to Marty, hoping that if anything happened he had a gun on him to fend off whomever and whenever.

Marty knocked on the warden’s door.
“Come in,” a scruffy voice said.
Marty then opened the door “Ms. Gibbard here for you sir.” Marty said, letting Jackie enter the office slowly.
Oddly enough, the office was bigger than she expected. “So that’s where all that extra space is.” She thought to herself.
Dr. Creed smiled “Thank you, Marty.” He said, standing up from his chair.
“Dr. Green informed me that you would be coming by, it’s nice to finally meet you!” Dr. Creed said, shaking Jackie hand softly.
The butterflies hit Jackie’s stomach hard, she just simply smiled at the warden “Really? I’ve only been here for two days at the most.” she said, letting her voice linger off.
Dr. Creed smiled “Well, I’ve heard nothing but incredible things about you! Such a hard worker from what I’m told…especially since you’ve been connected to rather—unusual characters.” He said.
Jackie shrugged her shoulders “What can I say, I’m a girl who likes a little adventure now and again…” she said.
Dr. Creed chuckled “Nice to know somebody in here still has a personality. But, on to business…” he said.
Jackie handed him the file “Dr. Green wanted me to inform you that the patient is being transferred.” She whispered.
Dr. Creed smiled “Is that all?” he asked.
“Yes, sir.” Jackie said.
The doctor nodded as he smiled at Jackie “You may go.” He said, turning away from Jackie and back towards his desk.

“Is Dr. Creed always that socially awkward, or is he just shy?” Jackie asked, walking into the elevator with Marty.
Marty shrugged his shoulders “Don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said.
Jackie nodded “Oh, well…maybe it’s just me whose over analyzing.” She said, letting a small smile escape her lips.
The elevator ride was an entire awkward moment when the doors opened, four guards surrounding one man, the ‘transferring’ patient as Jackie saw it.
Marty cleared his throat “Just stick close,” he said, guiding Jackie out of the elevator without disturbing the box around the inmate.
Jackie turned a little to see a pair of shocking blue eyes, once she made eye contact, she was ruined.
Dr. Jonathan Crane aka Scarecrow glared back at her as he walked into the elevator, even then he didn’t break contact.
Jackie was frozen in her place, staring into the eyes of a madman, even as the elevators door closed and all that was left was Jackie’s reflection staring back at her looking dumbfounded.
“Earth to Jackie! Hello?” Marty said, nearly shaking Jackie violently.
Jackie blink and turned to Marty “Yeah?” she asked, walking towards her office and Marty slowly followed her.
“That was…creepy.” Jackie said out loud as she walked into her office.
Marty looked at Jackie in a lost manner, not knowing where she was going with the comment “Yeah—it usually is when you’re looking into the eyes of a crazy person.” He said.
Jackie turned to Marty and smiled “Thanks, Marty…” she said, walking to her desk and closing the door softly.

Jackie knocked on Bruce’s door in the middle of the night, she just hopes that he was still home and still awake for that matter.
“Yeah?” she heard on the other side of the door, Jackie let a deep breathe out as she opened the door.
Bruce was on his bed, reading an article as he looked up to see the distraught Jackie standing in front of him.
“What’s wrong?” he asked softly.
Jackie shrugged her shoulders “I can’t sleep,” she muttered.
Bruce made a spot for Jackie on the bed, putting the newspaper down and looked at Jackie with all seriousness “What happened at Arkham?” he asked.
Jackie was silent for a moment “You ever get that feeling you’re being watched?” she asked him softly, sitting in the bed next to him.
“Not really,” he muttered.
Jackie shook from her terrifying imaginative world “I saw Scarecrow for the first time today,” she said.
Bruce rubbed her back “…and?” he asked.
“He—he looked at me, as though he was peering into my soul. He wouldn’t stop staring at me…and now when I close my eyes all I see are those bright blue eyes that look so lost.” She said.
Bruce nodded “He can’t hurt you!” he whispered.
Jackie shook her head “No. No, he can hurt me. He was being transferred to a higher security section of Arkham because he was a ‘higher threat’ than normal…” she said.
“You look into it too much,” Bruce said.
Jackie shrugged her shoulders “Maybe you’re right.” She whispered back to him.