His Own Harley Quinn

Five

Jackie was plugged in as she highlighted conversations with Dr. Kilmour, she didn’t even notice that he was sitting a little too close to her when out of nowhere the alarm system went off.
“Attention: This is not a drill, all employees MUST evacuate the building…this is not a drill…” the automated voice proclaimed.
Dr. Kilmour shook Jackie’s shoulder, causing her ear buds to fall out and to hear the screeching noise of the alarm.
“C’mon, lets go!” he said, yanking Jackie out of her chair.
Jackie was lost and confused as Dr. Kilmour guided her out of the asylum “What’s going on?” she asked, grabbing tightly to the doctor’s jacket.
Dr. Kilmour said nothing as him and Jackie walked out of the asylum with all the other doctors in the freezing weather.

It seemed like forever to Jackie before the alarms stopped ringing and the Gotham Police, along with Arkham security allowed all the doctors back in.
“…he’s gone,” Gordon yelled to the Lieutenant, crossing his arms and looking defeated as he turned to Jackie, who swiftly turned away and walked back into Arkham Asylum.
Jackie slowly made her way inside, listening carefully to the officers and security guards as she made her way back to her office that she was working in with Dr. Kilmour, who she lost along the way.
“Dr. Kilmour?” Jackie asked, walking into the office not finding the doctor but something else entirely.
Jackie gasped as she saw The Jokers’ art work drawn on the window. She looked down at the desk to see the files more organized than when she left them. Her IPOD was missing, only to be replaced with a tall cup of coffee.
“Okay, this is creepy.” Jackie muttered to herself, reaching into her back jeans pocket to reach her cell phone to call Bruce.

“Hello?” Bruce answered.
Jackie sighed “We have a problem,” she muttered.
Bruce sat up in his chair “What do you mean?” he asked.
“The Joker, he escaped from Arkham.” Jackie said in a hushed tone so nobody would hear the conversation.
Bruce sighed “How sure can you be?” he asked.
Jackie shrugged her shoulders as she began to pace around the small office “His sign is on the window in my current office…he also stole my IPOD and gave me a cup of coffee.” She said, sitting in her chair.
“Coffee? The Joker brought you coffee?” Bruce asked, shocked by the actions.
Jackie nodded “I didn’t have coffee on the desk when I left,” she said.
Bruce was silent for a moment “Did he leave anything else?” he asked.
Jackie opened her mouth to speak, she turned to see Commissioner Gordon leaning against the edge of the door frame.
“Yeah, Alfred, Meatloaf sounds great!” Jackie said, not breaking eye contact with Gordon.
Bruce was taken aback by Jackie’s comment “Huh?” he asked.
Jackie shook her head “No, Alfred, its okay if I live without the Mashed Potatoes for tonight…” she said.
“Are you alright?” Bruce asked softly.
Jackie smiled “Alright, Alfred. I’ll see you when I get home. Bye.” She said, snapping her cell phone shut and continued to look at the Commissioner.

Alfred looked at Bruce “So, what did she have to say Master Wayne?” Alfred asked as Bruce put down his cell phone.
“…she says she wants Meatloaf for dinner tonight.” Bruce said, walking out of the room.

Gordon smirked at Jackie “Last minute check in?” he asked.
Jackie shrugged her shoulder “He called right when I walked in.” she said.
Gordon looked at the window and sighed “He out there, plotting something.” He said, not looking away from the graffiti on the window.
“Did you leave your coffee here?” Jackie asked after a few moments of silence.
Gordon shook her head “No, why?” he asked.
Jackie looked down at the cup of coffee “This wasn’t here when I evacuated, and my IPod’s missing…” she said.
Gordon nodded, turning back out into the hallway “George, come here!” he said, leaning back into the office.
The officer, or George, as Commissioner Gordon referred to him, walked into the office while Gordon picked up the untouched cup of coffee and gave it to George.
“Oh, so I’m clean up crew?” George asked.
Gordon shook his head “No, Ms. Gibbard insists that this coffee was not here when the evacuation happened…”
George nodded and took the cup of coffee and walked out of the office “Does anybody have an evidence container for coffee?” he asked as he left the office.
Jackie and Gordon looked at each other closely, the silence filling up the room before Gordon walked out.
“He knows what you did.” Jackie told herself, letting a deep breathe go as she relaxed in the chair.

The guard smirked as he walked into Scarecrow’s cell with a tray of food, with a little surprise underneath his plate of Mashed Potatoes.
“Enjoy…” the guard said before walking out of the cell.
Dr. Crane sighed as he pushed the Styrofoam plate away to find the small silver Nano Ipod with the ear buds wrapped around it.
He smiled to himself as he turned on the Ipod, the song she was listening to before the emergency evacuation was called.
Scarecrow inserted the ear plugs and pressed the play button.
“…she found a lonely sound, she keeps on waiting for time out there. Love, can you love me babe? Love, is this loving babe? Is time turning around?” the lyrics sprung out into the ears of the madman.
Crane cocked an eye brow, the girl had an interesting taste in music. He pulled out into the main menu to see the rest of her music collection that was even more interesting than the small dose of lyrics he was listening to.
“Well, Ms. Gibbard, I think it’s time to show your true potential.” Crane muttered to himself, lying on his bunk and relaxed as he finished the song and continued to play her Ipod until the battery ran dry.
“…you should be in my space, you should be in my life, you should be in my space, you should by in my life…you could be in my space…” the lyrics rang when the bass rift finally ended.