His Own Harley Quinn

Seven

Jackie was playing Scrabble with Alfred as Bruce went fighting crime in Gotham, Jackie sighed as she tried to defeat Alfred’s ‘win’ with the word of cryptic.
“Gosh, you suck!” Jackie said, trying to find a word to create.
Alfred chuckled “You only thought you knew the whole dictionary.”
Jackie shook her head as she put her letter down and looked up at Alfred “Fine, you win.” She said, getting up from the table.
Alfred laughed out loud “Pork Chops all this week then!” he said, putting the game away while Jackie slowly went up the stairs to her bedroom.

Jackie opened her bedroom door to feel a chill in the room that was circulating around.
The window was wide open with a cold breeze as Jackie swiftly made her way to the window to close it when a surprise from a familiar stranger appeared in front of her.
“What happens to the girl when she forgets how to fight?” the question asked with a picture of Jackie and her parents along with a glass ballerina figure dangling from the window lock.
Jackie lost her breathe as she held onto the curtains with all her might not to fall, she untied the figurine and looked at the token of her lost memories. Jackie could only fear the worst as she pulled out her cell phone only to realize another dilemma.
Who does she call?

Jackie leaned against her door as Commissioner Gordon inspected the damage on her window.
“And you said that your window was locked all day?” Gordon asked.
Jackie nodded “Yeah, I usually can’t open it anyway.” she said.
Gordon nodded “Is there anything missing that you know of?” he asked.
“No, nothing that I noticed.” Jackie said, turning to see Bruce in the living room, looking up at her with his hands in his pockets.
Jackie looked back at Gordon, who witnessed the tense exchange between the two of them.
“Is there something else I should know about?” he asked.
Jackie shook her head “No, nothing at all.” she said, crossing her arms as she continued to lean against her door frame.
Gordon folded his pad up and put it in his pocket and looked at Jackie in a sincere tone, he put his hand on her should as he looked dead in her eyes “Don’t let this get to you, if he wanted to do something, he would have done it by now.” he said.
Jackie began to tear up as she rubbed Gordon’s hand, she nodded as she looked away from the Commissioner.
“But hey, if you need anything at all, just call me, alright?” Gordon asked.
Jackie nodded “Okay.” she managed to mutter.

Bruce’s arm was around Jackie as she slept in the guestroom bed, Jackie’s easy breathing assured Bruce that everything was then under control.
Bruce slid his arm under Jackie and escaped her sleeping grasp. He left the bedroom with Alfred waiting for him.
“What do you suppose we do?” Alfred asked, his concern for the situation was lingering in his voice.
Bruce patted Alfred’s shoulder “I’ll take care of it.” He whispered.
“You mean Batman will take care of it, sir?” Alfred asked.
Bruce shrugged his shoulders as he walked away from Alfred “What’s the difference?” he asked.
Alfred sighed “Batman got her in trouble, Bruce Wayne gets her out of it.” He whispered to himself.

Jackie’s stubbornness was out of control with Alfred and Bruce the next morning.
“I’m going, I need to finish my community service! I’m not going to let some nut head scare me out of going, okay?” Jackie asked, getting her things together.
Alfred groaned “Sweetheart, they’ll understand if you don’t go!”
Jackie shook her head “No, I have to let nothing phase me, I’ve been too much to be scared of every goon who walked by.” She said.
Alfred grabbed her hand “It’s alright to be afraid, it’s what makes you human.” He said.
Jackie slowly and softly took her hand back “Sometimes I don’t think it serves me.” she sad, grabbing her purse and walking out of her bedroom.

Jackie made sure the memories of the other night not come back as she sat at her desk, another highlighting job. It was simple, and just what Jackie needed.
“Hey,” a familiar voice said.
Jackie looked up to see Marty, the young security guard smiled with a large pink box in his hands.
“Hi.” She said.
Marty cleared his throat “I heard about what happened at your house, Gotham cops are terrible when it comes to gossip! Anyway, I felt kind of bad because, well, it’s The Joker, and nice girls like you don’t deserve to be terrorized like that…so I brought you some Kolaches and Donuts.” He said, handing her the box.
Jackie giggled “Thank you Marty.” She said, putting the box down at her desk.
Marty smiled “Oh, also…I was wondering, could you help me with something before you leave today?” he asked.
Jackie cocked an eye brow “Well, what do you need?” she asked.
“I need to move this giant box, and I think it would take less time if there were two people. The other guards don’t want to help so…” he said before trailing off.
Jackie smirked a little “Sure, I’ll help.” She said.
Marty nodded “Awesome, I’ll see you at around 5?” he said.
“Why 5, why not now?” Jackie asked.
Marty sighed “Well, umm, you’re on Dr. Green’s watch until 5.” he insisted.
Jackie gasped “Oh, yeah…sure. Got it. See you at 5.”
Marty left the office, letting Jackie bask in the warm breakfast snacks alone. She knew coming to Arkham today would be worth it’s wait in gold!

“So, she’s coming?” Crane asked.
Marty nodded “Yep, she thinks we’re moving boxes.” He said.
Crane let a small smirk escape his lips “That doesn’t seem suspicious at all.” he said with a small tint of sarcasm.
“Do you have everything ready?” Marty asked.
Crane nodded “Yep. I just need you to prick her, and the wardrobe.” He said.
Marty nodded “I’ve got the perfect wardrobe for her…just hopes it’s her size!” he said.
“It won’t matter, she isn’t going to need it for very long,” Crane said.
Marty chuckled “I guess you’re right.” He said.
Crane sighed “And you have ‘it’ in your locker, right?” he asked.
Marty nodded “Yeah, securely locked away from the docs eyes.” He said.
Crane smiled “Good, then we’re ready!”