His Own Harley Quinn

Nine

Jackie was coming out of her black out, finding herself aimlessly walking the halls of Arkham Asylum while holding herself against the walls as she walked.
“Help,” she muttered out, walking out into the entrance of Arkham where she heard voices as she continued to tremble from the panic and fear.
She was still in her black corset dress and stockings, including the garter belts, as she grabbed the railing and walked towards her office where the door was still open.
Jackie’s purse was where she left it before the ‘events’ happened earlier, they were haunting her mind but Jackie was still trying to remove them, hoping that enough tears would cast the memories away.
She grabbed her purse along with her jacket and trudged out and towards the entrance of Arkham. Her breathing was heavy as she held on to both items while looking at nothing but the door when a firm hand grabbed her.
Jackie screamed, dropping her purse and jacket and aimed at the person grabbing her.
“It’s alright, Jackie, it’s alright!” Commissioner Gordon said, stroking her hair. The Commissioner took one look at the girl before looking her dead in the eye “What happened?” he asked.
The memories flashed before Jackie as she lost her grasp on reality and fell to the ground, Gordon checked her pulse as he called for a paramedic.
He wasn’t sure how he was going to explain to Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth that their youngest family member was suffering some kind of psychotic breakdown, but he was positive he was sure he was going to find out why.

Jackie was lying on the hospital bed with her legs propped up. The conscious teenager sighed as she looked up at the ceiling.
“This is so humiliating,” she muttered.
The nurse smiled “You’re doing fine, I’m almost done…” she said.
Jackie winced “Can’t you just say you didn’t but don’t?” Jackie asked, twitching by the cold pressure in between her legs.
The nurse giggled “Oh, my dear, there is nothing to afraid of…you’re alright.” She said.
Jackie shook her head “Nothing happened, so there’s nothing to be assured about.” She said, looking down at the nurse.
“Well, if you say so. But the test results might say differently.” The nurse said, letting Jackie lay her legs down on the bed.
Jackie watched as the nurse walked out of the hospital room, letting her rest and try to push away the thoughts even more as she told herself that those memories didn’t exist.
Her mind was shutting down completely, giving into herself that she was mentally unstable and probably belonged with all the other Arkham inmates.
“Jackie?” Commissioner Gordon asked, walking into the room with another police officer.
Jackie looked up to see Gordon and simply glared at the man as he made his way to the chair next to Jackie, Gordon cleared his throat.
“Both Alfred, and Bruce, had been called…they’ll both be here soon…” Gordon reassured her; he looked into Jackie’s blue eyes to find nothing: she was gone.
Gordon sighed “I need to ask you a few questions…” he said, pulling out his notepad.
Jackie shook her head and turned away from Gordon, who sighed before turning to his partner “Can I have a moment alone?” he asked.
The officer left, Gordon stood up from his seat and paced the room “It could’ve happened to anybody,” he told her.
“What?” Jackie asked, denying the events once again.
Gordon opened his mouth but nothing came out, he thought of ways to say the words that were on the tip of his tongue.
“…sex-sexual assault…whoever did this to you, there will be justice!” Gordon said, trying to stand his ground but it was difficult as he watched the small and frail Jackie Gibbard become devoid from the situation.
Commissioner Gordon watched as she became emotionless, letting everything become a black hole to her.

Lucius placed a teddy bear under Jackie’s arm as she slept in the hospital bed, he stroked her hair for a moment before turning back to Bruce.
“Gordon said the rape kit results were pending…” Lucius said, watching Bruce Wayne closely as he thought.
Bruce shook his head “I don’t understand, she’s not one to just let someone snatch her…she must’ve known them—”
“Or, he snuck up behind her…” Alfred said, sitting in the chair closest to Jackie.
Lucius nodded “Something Batman can look into…”
“You gentlemen know where Batman is?” Gordon asked, walking into the room.
Lucius just smirked “Just being sarcastic, Commissioner, I didn’t really mean anything by it.” He said.
Gordon nodded “It’s alright, Mr. Fox. At this point, all we can do is crack jokes.” He said.
Bruce stood up from his seat and crossed his arms at Gordon “Find anything?” he asked.
“No, we have nothing. The security cameras have Jackie and a security guard walking into the elevator at around 5…but the guard isn’t really helpful. Says she got off on the third floor…” he remarked.
Lucius cocked his head “What’s on the third floor?” he asked.
Gordon shrugged his shoulders “Medium Security, Dr. Green’s office…other areas that Jackie might be associated with.” He said.
“The guard is lying…” Bruce said.
Gordon turned to Bruce “I know this is hard, but--”
“But nothing! Did you see her get off on the third floor?” Bruce asked.
Gordon shook his head “The cameras are broken on the third floor,” he said.
Bruce tightened his fists “Some commissioner you are!” he said, walking out of the hospital room.
Gordon stood in his place as Lucius and Alfred watched Bruce leave, then turning their attention back to the Commissioner. This was going to be a long week.

“What is Batman gets involved?” Marty asked.
Crane smirked “Then let him, it’ll be easier for us.” He said.
Marty cocked an eye brow “Us?” he asked.
“The Joker and I have a plan…and if we can get the Batman without Ms. Gibbard, then fine. But until then, keep an eye on Jackie.
Marty scuffed “She’ll want to kill me now.” He said.
Crane shook his head “No, my sources are telling me that Jackie is broken, she won’t say anything…and she probably won’t do anything. Which leads us to Part Two of our plan.” He said, letting a small chuckle out.