Sequel: The Saints Are Coming

Twist of a Bounty

Freedom

Well this is the last part of Twist Of A Bounty guys. I hope you guys enjoyed this one. I’ll be posting, ether today or tomorrow, part one of The Saints Are Coming. It will be a lot more suspenseful than this one. This is basically a background check on the characters. So prepare for some blood and vengeance in this next part. Hope you guys enjoy :)

The sun seemed to shine even brighter this morning as if it were celebrating my lock up. With a sigh we stepped up to the large building. I turned to the boys with a hidden frown. I inhaled on my last cigarette and groaned. They smiled, slightly uneasy and stepped closer to me.

“Ya know, I do feel bad Rose.”Connor stepped out his cigarette.

“Yeah. We wish we didn’t have to do this to ya.”Murphy stated.

“What if I fight fer ya? Give me a five second head start?”I laughed nervously and flicked my cigarette.

“Sorry Rose.”They both only laughed.

“Let’s go now. It’ll be alright.”They wrapped their arms over my shoulders, whether for comfort or to make sure I didn’t make a run for it - who knew with these two.

“One last thing.”Connor dangled cufss and I groaned in frustration.

“You’ve got to be fuckin’ kiddin’ me.”The corners of their lips pulled up at my annoyance.

“Got to make it look good.”Connor chuckled.

“Fer you.”I pushed out my wrists, waiting to feel the stainless steel on my skin.”On one condition,”

I pulled back slightly, earning an off look from the both of them.

“Don’t cut me circulation off.”With a cheerful nod, he placed them over my frail bones.

“And when ya get out in a week er so,”Murphy began.

“We week - !”Connor rose his hands, defending his joking brother.

“He’s kiddin’ ya!”In play, I rose my balled fists in his direction.

“When ya get out, we’ll help ya on yer story. It’s pretty interesting fer Boston.”Murphy continued.

“And if we can catch those micks who are murderin’ the innocent,”Connor growled.

“Aye boys. I’d love yer help.”I smiled.”But lets go get this over with.”

With that, they held open the door and allowed me to walk through. The McManus twins explained the situation and gave me a bear hug goodbye.

“We’ll see ya soon, Rose.”Murphy smiled.

Very soon, okay?”Connor added.

“Be good.”I waved them goodbye before a door cut us off.

The officer walking next to me allowed a grin of gratitude slip through his lips. I scoffed and turned my head away from him in disgust.

“I honestly don’t see anythin’ funny ‘bout this.”He stopped dead at a small cell at the end of the hall.

“Don’t arrest too many women like you.”He dug the keys into the lock, twisting and turning until it opened.

“Like me?”I questioned.

“Yeah, like you. Prissy girls.”He pressed a large hand in between my shoulder blades and pushed, sending me to stumble into the cell.

“Prissy?!”I turned toward the large, grizzly man as the cell door slammed shut.”Hey!”

I wrapped my fingers along the iron bars and huffed.

“I’m not even close ya sorry wop! Ey!”With a grim smile, he turned and walked away.”What ‘bout me cuffs?! Or me phone call?! EY!”

I threw my hands in the air and found a seat on the small, gawky bench in the corner. I rested my elbows on my knees, my chin in my hands.

“This is fuckin’ ridiculous.”I dug my heel into the ground, trying to think of who to call.

Within a couple of minutes the same large officer walked by my cell.

“If yer not lettin’ me out, don’t torture me!”I spat.”When do I get me phone call?”

“Never if you don’t shut that Irish trap of yours!”My jaw fell open, stunned by his words.

“If ya weren’t a fuckin’ cop.”I growled lowly.

“You’d what, princess? Hmm? Tell me.”He folded his arms over his large chest with a grin.

“I’d, I’d,”I stopped mid sentence and sighed.

There was no point arguing with a cop. He let his arms fall and chuckled deeply.

“I just want me call.”I stated softly.”And me cuffs off.”

“Stick your hands out.”He pointed to a small opening and I did so.

He roughly unclasped the metal and I pulled back my freed wrists.

“I’ll check up front on your status.”He moved from my cell, whistling cheerfully as he went.

My bottom lip quivered at the thought of never getting out soon. I hadn’t even done a terrible thing. I sat on the bench and brought my legs up, resting my head on my knees. In such a situation, I found it ridiculous to be sitting in a jail cell, hoping I get my phone call to tell someone where I was.

“O’Garen?”I shot my head up, my curls falling into my face.

A smalled officer stood at my cell, a paper in hand. He looked from the paper, up at me.

“Ms. O’Garen?”I dropped my legs down and sighed.

“That’s me.”With a wishful smile I got up and walked to the cell door.

I clasped my fingers around the bars, almost jumping up and down in excitement.

“Your fee is paid.”I cocked my head to the side, becoming still where I stood.

“How?”It was a dumb question to ask - I was free to go.

The officer opened my cell and allowed me to step out.

“I haven’t called anyone.”I followed him to the doors and out of the holding cells.

“It just says its paid for. That’s all I know.”With a shrug of my shoulders I stepped out of the building and onto the stoop.

“Ey!”I laughed as I stepped into Connor and Murphy, who left me here about half an hour ago.

“Ya lived.”They wrapped their arms over my shoulders with the happiest of smiles.

“Should’ve known.”Murphy held up a cigarette, offering me a temporary release of stress.

I gladly accepted and held it to Connor’s flaming zippo.

“After that experience with that cop, I’d needed this badly.’I chuckled.

“Was he the big, grizzly man?”Connor questioned.

“Aye.”We stepped down the stoop and onto the sidewalk.

The boys tore their arms from my shoulders and burst out in laughter. Smoke slowly crawled through my parted lips as I stood motionless, wondering if my absence made them lose their mind.

“We told him to bust yer chops.”Connor snickered.

“Didn’t think he’d do it.”Murphy wiped his eyes as he caught his breath.

I inhaled deeply on my cigarette and shook my head. I’d normally pull out some violence at their act of stupidity, but it was only a joke. I didn’t need to pretend anymore.

“Are ya boys gonna laugh yer arses off, or are ya gonna help me get the asshole responsible fer my story?”They sat up, grins on their pale, pink lips.

“Aye.”Connor eyed down Murphy and grew serious.”We’ll help find’m.”

“Ya in Murph?”I flicked my cigarette and allowed a smirk to fit my lips.

“Three of us? We’ll get’m.”I slinked my arms in theirs and we began to walk.

“Aye.”I grinned.”Ireland, here I come.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's the end of this series. I'll have the sequal on this out ether today or tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoyed the first part :) Let me know please!