I dont fall for arrogant football players so why do i feel like I'm falling for him?!

Chapter 23

The day. Today was the day that Chris was finally coming back. Was I scared or happy? I was beyond scared. It was five days since I talked to him on the phone when he called me drunk. That night I called Ricardo, when in reality I wanted to call Leo, but my pride that night got the best of me. If it wasn’t for Catherina making Sergio find out about when Chris was coming back I wouldn’t be here right now waiting for him at the airport.

The main clock was ticking, five more minutes and the passengers were going to come with their luggages. Five minutes, the suspense was killing me. What if he didn’t want to see me? What if he yelled, what if he found someone else? Ugh! These thoughts are going to choke me to death.

*ding – ding – ding*

That was the sound of doors opening and the passengers coming out. There were a lot of people but no sign of Cristiano. Maybe he wasn’t on the plane? Maybe he made up his mind? “Nena?” That voice…

I turned around and saw the love of my life. My Chris, gosh how I missed that face!
“Cristiano” I whispered and ran to hug him. As he hugged back I felt all that protection and love. It was amazing to be back in his embrace “I’m sorry” he whispered in my hair, crushing me more into him. All I said was ‘I love you’. All that happened was forgotten.

We got to our car and made our way back home from Madrid’s airport.

“So how was it in Italy?” I asked smiling

“Deathly”

“Why?”

“Because you weren’t there” he said smiling and taking attention from the road to me.

“Umm… Chris?”

“Hmm? What is it?”

“I wanted to ask you something”

“Can we talk about that when we get back home?”

I nodded. He knew that I was about to ask him about that model he said he slept with. I was petrified to know the truth about what happened. One question won’t leave me: will we still be together when I’ll find out the truth?

When we opened the front door all of our friends were waiting for us in the living room, they all wanted to welcome back Chris. “I guess our talk will have to wait until they leave, sorry love” Chris whispered in my ear and I faking a smile nodded. I didn’t want our friends to see it. But what caught my attention was that with all the others Leo was also there!

“Leo!” I exclaimed and went to hug him

“Holla Hermosa” he said hugging me back

“I know you both probably know each other but I still want to introduce you both. Leo this is Cristiano and Chris this is my new friend and our teams’ newest member Lionel” I said smiling as they both shock hands a little to cold. “Well how about we party!” yelled Sergio earning a head slap from Caroline “Don’t yell so loud you ass” we only laughed, Caroline was pregnant and sensitive so she did a lot of things that she normally wouldn’t do.

“So why are you here?” Chris asked Lionel as I, him, Leo and Iker, Sara, Ricky and Caroline were sitting around the table while others fooled around the house. “Well Jose and the Real ministers invited me to try out in this team” Lionel answered smiling “No. I meant what are you doing HERE. In other words what are you doing here in my house? As much as I know we are no friends what so ever” Chris pushed, I kicked him again and Leo was about to answer but I bet him to it “He came to see me. He’s my best friend and I invited him to see me. Plus I really wanted to see him, I have a liking to him” everyone was silent of shock even Leo “And anyway Chris I didn’t ask you who invited that model to your bed in Italy, now did I?” I asked him strait in the eyes “It’s not the time now Vicky” he said trying to avoid a fight “Of course it isn’t because there is no time” I said and stood up taking Leo’s hand “Because Lionel was just about to take me to see Kim” we excused ourselves and left. While heading to the car Chris came out and asked “Where are you going? Just stop! What is going on” I faced him and Leo was behind me “I just can’t take it anymore! You and your acting, all this drama is killing me! I HATE THIS KIND OF LIFE! I don’t want to live like this anymore! How can you blame me for talking and being friends with Lionel when you have whores in your bed when you leave Spain without me! I HATE THIS!” I was crying now “Victoria just calm down and...” “Calm down!? Calm down! Why don’t you calm down Cristiano?” “Mi amour lets talk” “I don’t want to talk! Just leave me alone now!” I said and went to sit in Leo’s car.

Lionel’s point of view

Victoria was shouting and yelling all trembling and Ronaldo was trying to calm her down without success. Seeing Victoria like that made me feel uneasy, it seemed I just wanted to hug her and tell her that everything will be ok. But the fact is that I couldn’t. After a while she stormed of and sat herself in my car. “Don’t drive her anywhere” Cristiano said

“Why shouldn’t I? She needs to get a breath of air away from here”

“You idiot...”

“Insults won’t get you anywhere. Anyway I’ll just take her for a ride and drive her back here where she belongs. I’m not planning on stealing her away from you, at least not in this way. But I will support and be there for her whenever she needs me. So why don’t you calm down and think of an excuse for sleeping with another woman” I said and got in the car driving away with a heartbroken girl.

Cristiano’s point of view

She yelled. I tried to calm her down. Then she yelled again. And again and again it repeated – she yelled crying and I tried to keep calm myself. Messi just stood there and watched then she stormed of and locked herself in his car. My heart broke. It was a second man that tried to repair her after I broke her. Why does it keep happening? I asked myself over and over again. I just couldn’t believe that luck wasn’t showing up at my door.

“Don’t drive her anywhere” I said

“Why shouldn’t I? She needs to get a breath of air away from here”

“You idiot...”

“Insults won’t get you anywhere. Anyway I’ll just take her for a ride and drive her back here where she belongs. I’m not planning on stealing her away from you, at least not in this way. But I will support and be there for her whenever she needs me. So why don’t you calm down and think of an excuse for sleeping with another woman” with that said Lionel left with the love of my life in his car.

Getting back in the house I got rid of every person there. I needed to be alone and think. The fact was that I loved her but I just can’t change. Whenever she’s not there I go to another woman or drink. What should I do? *ring ring* the phone rang and rang it wasn’t going to shut up.

“Ugh” I let out frustrated sound and picked up the phone “Holla?”

“Is this the Ronaldo residence?”

“Si… Who’s asking?”

“It’s chef of the police; I wanted to warn you that Patrick, do you remember him?”

“That maniac? Yes, of course I remember. What about him?”

“He escaped the facility where we contained him; I wanted to warn Miss Victoria to be careful until we find him. Good evening sir”

“How did that happen???”

“It seems someone let him out while the police didn’t know, we are figuring out who did it right this moment”

“If you get information inform me”

“Yes of course. Bye”

“Good bye”

I can’t believe this. Maniac is loose. Shit. I need to tell them to be careful. After calling and leaving a hundred messages they still didn’t answer, nor Lionel nor Victoria. I guess I will just have to wait.

Victoria’s point of view

We were driving and driving without stopping. I liked that. “He loves you” Leo suddenly said

“Lionel, please don’t talk about him… Just please”

“Sure… How about we go to the beach?”

“No, it brings memories”

“So were do you want to go?”

“I want you to drive me to my apartment were I used to live and leave me there”

“What?”

“You heard me. I’ll tell how to get there”

“How will you get in?”

“The keys are always under the carpet”

“Oh okay”

I just nodded and told Leo where to go. Tonight is going to be forever alone night. I just need peace. When we got to the parking lot I could have swore I saw a figure, but then again it’s probably my imagination. Leo led me to the door and once I got inside he left .I was all alone in my old apartment, sitting on mine, Kim’s and Sandra’s couch I remember how we first came to this apartment and went clubbing, that night I met Cristiano. Looking around and coming to my old room I remembered how Cristiano first called me and how happy I was.

Coming to the kitchen I remember how I first cried there when I and Chris got in a fight. So many memories, good, happy and sad. Opening the first drawer I found the cigarettes I first smoked, in fact I haven’t smoked for a long time. Maybe one won’t do any bad, so taking a lighter and a cigarette I went to the balcony.

As I lit up a cigarette I noticed that shadow from before when Leo drove me here still there standing, I stared at him or her and felt uneasy. Then he or she moved and come closer to our flat. Coming closer and closer he entered. I was shacking. Not from the cold but because somehow I felt uneasy and scared, come to think of it I was now unused to being all alone. So getting rid of the cigarette I hurried up and locked the door to the apartment and put up some television.

After a minute or two a knock came and I trembled. Damn... Getting closer I looked from the door eye ( I don’t know how the thing that’s in the door is called but when looking through it you can see who is on the other side of the door) but I couldn’t see a thing. Maybe it was just my imagination. So leaving the door I made myself some coffee. Then another knock. I looked again but no one was there. I got scared and took the home phone and dialed Cristiano’s home phone.

“Hello?”

“Chris?”

“Victoria?”

“I’m alone here and someone keeps knocking on the door but when I look no one is there. I’m really scared”

‘Where are you?!”

“I’m at…” I couldn’t finish because suddenly everything went black.