We're Still So Young Desperate for Attention

A secret is revealed early…or so it seems….

“Guys get up.” I heard Jimmy say.

“Why?” Matt asked.

“Because its 2:00 and we need to go shopping for food.” Alexis said.

“Ugh…Idofwafttogeftup.” I said as I buried my head deeper in Matt’s arm.

“No come on. Get up.” Jimmy said as he pulled the blankets down.

“Jimmy its cold!” I yelled as I pulled them back.

“Guys we’ll be down in a few. Now get out of my room.” Matt said as he sat up. They nodded and walked out.

“Lillian did a number on her.” I said as I looked up at Matt, “And Trent did a number on you too.” I ran my finger along his cut lip.

“Come on, before they charge in here again.” Matt said as he got up.

“Yea. Well I’m going to go jump in the shower.” I said as I walked over to the door. I took my shower and got dressed before I walked back into Matt’s room.

“Hey matt the shower’s open if you want to get in.” I said as I walked in. He sat there holding some pictures.

“Matt?” I asked as I stepped closer to him.

“Can you leave me alone for a bit?” He asked not taking his eyes away from the pictures.

“Sure. Do you want some breakfast?”

“No. Just get out!” He yelled making me jump. I nodded and walked back out of his room and down stairs. Everyone was standing at the stairs looking at me. It was pretty obvious they heard.

“What was that about?” Brian asked.

“I-I don’t know.” I said as I sat down next to Jimmy.

“Well you had to have done something for him to yell like that.”

“Brian I didn’t do anything! I took a shower and came back in to see him looking at a few pictures and then he snapped.” I said as I got up and walked out of the house making sure to slam the door. I walked over to the tree and leaned on it with my back facing the house.

“Adri?” I heard Jimmy say as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I turned around and hugged him.

“Want to tell me what happened?” I nodded and told him everything from last night.

“I don’t know Adri. I don’t know. Let me get Zacky and I’ll go talk to him.” Jimmy said as I started to sob. Zacky came outside and took me from Jimmy, who kissed my forehead before leaving.

“Why don’t we go to the store and buy some cake mix and I and you can make cakes?” He said looking down at me. Something about Zacky always calms me. Not in the way Matt does, but the way Jimmy does. In a brotherly way. I nodded and he walked into the house to go get the keys.

“I want to come!” Alexis said as she ran to the car.

___________________________

We made the cakes after: We had to tell Alexis no after she threw 16 boxes of cake into the cart. Got into a cake batter fight. Anyways,all of the guys grabbed a piece of cake and walked into the living room. I grabbed a piece and grabbed a glass of milk and headed up stairs.

“Where are you taking that?” Lillian asked.

“To Matt.” They all nodded and a few of them looked concerned, but I continued up stairs. I knocked on the door, but he didn’t answer. I opened the door to see him asleep. I smiled and set the cake on the nightstand. I leaned over and kissed his forehead.

“I’m sorry for what ever did.” I whispered as I walked outside. I walked outside and back down stairs. I sat there starring at the pool for a few hours, before I heard someone come outside.

“Hey…” I heard Matt say. I smiled and turned back to starring at the pool.

“I got my order.”

“What is it?”

“She speaks,” He said laughing, “I have to burn the football field.” I nodded my head.

“I’m sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean to snap at you. It wasn‘t your fault. I heard you say you were sorry. Jimmy also told me that you were crying. I‘m sorry I made you cry.” He said with his head down.

“Why did you?”

“My order had five pictures stapled to it.” He said taking them out of his pocket, “One is of my ex-girlfriend, Maria. She was in a car accident and now she can’t take care of herself. She doesn’t even remember who I am. Then there’s a picture of me and you kissing at the mall. That doesn’t really bother me because anyone could have taken it. But the last three bothered me. One is of you and me kissing last night. Then a picture of us sleeping in the same bed a few nights ago. The last one…now that made me pissed. It’s a picture from when you had purple in your hair about a year ago. It’s you lying in your bed with a huge bruise on your face and the blanket moved back slightly and a bruise on your side.” I put my head down.

“I know Frank hits you Adri.” He said as he wrapped an arm around me.

“How?”

“The picture, the cuts, when you had the cuts on your stomach, the night you came over here at 2:00 in the morning. Adri, I’m a smart guy. I know I might not look like it, but I am.”

“I know your smart Matt. I was… I don’t even know.”

“It’s ok Adri. None of this is your fault.” I nodded my head and hugged Matt. Well I guess my secret is out. Trent stepped outside.

“Matt you have to do your order now. What’s wrong Adri?”

“Matt knows my secret now.” I said Matt handed his the picture. Trent shook his head and walked back inside.

“Come on I get to play with fire.” Matt said as he threw me over his shoulder. I laughed and he walked back out to the front of the house and into the front yard.

“Well you two are back to normal.” Jimmy said. Matt nodded his head and started to walk to the football field.

“Are you guys going to help me?” I yelled. They all shook their heads.

I pouted as they all laughed. When we got to field we saw ten gallons of gas .

“Well I’m going to go play with fire. I’ll see you guys in a minute.” Matt said as he set me down.

“Matt!” Jimmy yelled. Matt just laughed in return. Twenty minutes later Matt had covered the field in gas, with the exception of spelling out M. Shadows in the gas.

“Adri get on Zacky’s back again.” Matt said as he took matches out of his pocket. I nodded and jumped on Zacky’s back. As soon as Matt dropped the match everyone took off running. About half way there I told Zacky to let me down so I could run. Zacky and I were the first ones to reach the house.

“How did you run so fast?” He asked out of breath.

“I was on the softball team.” Everyone showed up and sat on the couch.

“How about we go to the batting cages tomorrow or go to the park and play baseball?” Zacky asked as he winked at me.

“I second that!” I yelled.

We got a bunch of ’yeah’ and ‘oks’.

“Ok so Matt, Adri, Jimmy, Trent vs. Me, Alexis, Lillian, Johnny and Brian.” Zacky said.

“How come you get more people?” I asked.

“Because you have the hulk and lurch.”

“I guess it’s fair then.”