We're Still So Young Desperate for Attention

Brian Elwin Haner Jr.! Put it away

"Matt that's Zacky!" I yelled as the eyes caught with mine.

Matt looked over and noticed it was him. The guy stopped kicking Zacky and saw Matt and took off running. Me and Matt ran over to Zacky, who was laying sprawled out on the ground breathing heavily. Tears found my eyes as I stared down at Zacky. His face was covered in blood. It was impossible to see what all had happen and he was barely conscious.

"Oh Zacky." I said as tears found their way down my cheeks.

"Should I call an ambulance or the cops?" Matt asked.

"M-Matt please don't. J-just g-get m-me home." Zacky managed to stutter out.

"I'll call a cab." Matt said as he got up and walked a few steps away. I took off my jacket and rolled it into a ball as I picked up Zacky's head and put my sweater under it as his eyes started to close.

"Zacky you have to stay awake."

"The cab will be here in a few minutes." Matt said as he gathered Zacky in his arms.

I reached up and pulled Zacky's hood over his face. Even though it was cold and dark I knew people would still be out and I didn't want Zacky to be stared at like a freak. The cab came quickly making Me and Matt jump in as soon as it pulled up. Matt laid Zacky's head in my lap. I looked down at Zacky, who was slowly breathing in and out, I saw his tear stained face. The cab ride felt like it took hours when in reality it only took about 15 minutes. The street lamps that were shinning through the car windows made it look like a sad movie. Once we were home I paid the cab driver and hurried Matt inside. Matt laid Zacky in mine and Matt's bed as I grabbed everything out of the bathroom. Matt looked down at Zacky's shirt and I nodded to him. Matt took off Zacky's jacket and shirt to discover deep black and purple bruises. Zacky hissed as Matt laid him on his back. Matt looked at me with his eyebrows raised. I shrugged, but gasped as I saw why he hissed. Zacky had long cuts going up his back that look like he was hit with a belt.

"Oh god Zacky. Matt hold him up please." Matt nodded and put his hands under Zacky's arms, making sure not to touch his back he rested his hands on Zacky's neck.

He forced Zacky's head into his neck and his arms around Matt's shoulders while his legs were laying on Matt's, since Matt forced Zacky to basically straddle him. Zacky grabbed onto Matt's shoulders digging his nails into them from the pain he was in already.

"I don't think he needs stitches, but these are pretty bad. I'll be right back." I said as I grabbed. Matt nodded and I ran into the bathroom and filled a bowel with warm water and a teaspoon of salt.

I know that it stings a little more, but it's better for tender skin. Plus it keeps the skin lose so it doesn't hurt as much. I ran back up stairs and sat behind Zacky as Matt gave me a questionable look.

"A saline solution is better then everything else." I said as I dunked the towel in it, "Zacky I'm going to wash off the cuts ok. I know this sounds weird, but if the pain gets too much bite Matt's neck and he'll tell me to stop ok."

Zacky nodded and clenched his eyes shut tight. I ran the cloth across the cut instantly feeling the tears fall from my eyes as Zacky whinnied and whimpered and tried to escape Matt's grasp, but Matt was too strong. I could tell that he was biting Matt's neck pretty hard.

"Almost done Zacky." I said as I wiped the blood off of the last cut 10 minutes later.

I rubbed neosporin over the cuts. As I was doing this Zacky's arms went limp and he started to sob and breath heavily.

"Matt can you sit behind him now so I can clean up his stomach?" Matt nodded and sat behind Zacky as leaned his head back against Matt's chest. He closed his eyes from exhaustion.

There was no doubt in my mind that it was from the pain. I cleaned off Zacky's stomach. This time was a lot harder to do since I had to see Zacky's face and the tears going down his cheeks. I grabbed the neosporin and rubbed it on his stomach. He sighed in contempt as I did this. I grabbed the gauze that was sitting on the nightstand and cut it into long strips and placed it over each cut. I did the same to his back before wrapping it completely around his middle and over his shoulder.

"Matt can you run downstairs and grab a couple ice packs?" I asked.

Matt nodded, gently placing Zacky back on the bed before giving me a kiss and walking out of the room. I moved over to Zacky and sat next to his shoulder and started to twist his hair in my fingers. He sighed again and let a small smile hang from his lips. He looked up at me through his left eye. His right eye had dried blood caked on and it was a bit swollen.

"Zacky? Who did this to you babe?" I asked as more tears fell. He didn't answer instead he let tears flow from his green eyes.

I didn't press the subject anymore instead I just grabbed the towel and started to clean up the cuts on his face. He winced severally times and each time I felt my chest get even tighter with guilt.

"I'm sorry Zacky." I said as I finished cleaning the blood from his eyes and forehead.

"I-It's ok y-you're just helping m-me." Matt returned a few minutes later with the ice.

"Here." He said as he handed them to me. I put the ice on Zacky's eye and held it there.

"How are you feeling Zack?" Matt asked taking a seat next to Zacky.

"I-I feel like my heads a ba-balloon o-of helium. My vision is blurry." He whimpered.

"You have to stay with me Zacky." I said as his eyes closed. I knew there was no chance of him waking back up.

"I'm going to run downstairs for a minute." Matt said as he walked back out of the room. Truth be told. He just didn't want to see his friend that way and I completely understand that. I don't want to see Zacky like this. I finished wrapping and bandaging all of Zacky's wounds and sat in the chair I had in his room.

"Hey...every one's home. Why don't we go to bed?" Matt asked as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"I won't be able to sleep Matt. Plus I want to watch how he sleeps and make sure he doesn't wake up in pain or something." I said with my head in my hands.

"Ok. Do you want some coffee then?" I nodded as he smiled and kissed me before leaving the room.

I watched as Zacky slept. He looked peaceful although I could tell he was in pain. He whimpered slightly. I put my head down as Matt walked back into the room.

"I told them everything so they don't freak out in the morning." I nodded and let a few more tears drop as Matt picked me up and set me in his lap.

"You did good baby." Matt said as he kissed my cheek.

"I wish I could do more though. He's in pain." I said as I placed my head on Matt's.

"You did the best you could."

"Babe go to sleep it's four and I know you're tired." I whispered to Matt as he struggled to stay awake.

"But you're still up." He whispered.

"I'll be ok. Just sleep." I said as I kissed his lips. He nodded and laid his head down on my shoulder before he closed his eyes.

______________________________________

Zacky's P.O.V

I woke up to see Matt and Adri cuddled in the chair next to my bed fast asleep. I smiled at them. They look completely exhausted.

"They stayed up all night and watched you." I heard Jimmy say scaring me as he walked into the room, "Sorry didn't mean to make you jump." I nodded and looked down.

"She stayed up all night?" I asked as I tired to sit up.

"Here." He said as he lifted me up and fixed the pillow that was behind me so I could rest on it, "Yeah I came inhere about...6:30 and she was just staring at you. I finally convinced her to go to sleep." I closed my eyes for a few minutes as the thoughts re-played in my head.

"You ok?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah I just have a headache and my back is killing me." I said as a sharp pain went through my head making me wince.

"I figured that so I brought you some aspirin and I brought my cream that I use when I cut my hands up. It's a pain reliever. I figured it might help your back a bit." He said as he sat next to me. I grabbed the aspirin and swallowed it dry.

"Roll over and I'll rub it on." He said making me laugh.

"Sorry that just sounded wrong." He just rolled his eyes as I laid on my stomach making it hurt too. I could feel him cut off the bandage and pull it off.

"Shit Zee these are pretty bad."

"I want to see." Jimmy helped me up and walked into the bathroom that was connected to Matt's room.

Jimmy wrapped his arm around my waist and held onto my arm as stared into the mirror. I starred at my back in disbelief. It was ripped all the way across. I collapse into his arms making the wrap tighter around my waist.

"You ok?" Jimmy asked as he held on to me.

"She had to clean all of this?"

"Yeah man." I heard someone walk into the bathroom. I turned around to see Matt.

"How are you feeling Zack?" He ask as he rubbed my back slightly.

"Thank you so much Matt." I said as I hugged him.

"It's OK. Um..I'm going to go make breakfast. Jimmy get his back re-wrapped." Jimmy nodded and made me sit on the toilet while he grabbed the wrap.

I hissed as he wrapped done part too tight.

"Sorry man." I nodded and got up off of the toilet only to fall slightly. I grabbed the counter and looked at my self.

"Jimmy can you hand me the shaving cream and a razor?"

"Do you think that's wise right now?" He asked as he handed me the things.

"I look like crap..." He nodded and sat where I was previously. After a really bad cut going across my chin, Jimmy took the razor and finished it.

"Thank you." He nodded and ushered me out of the bathroom and down stairs. When I saw Adri's tear stained face...Well I don't think guilt is enough of a word to express how bad I felt.

_____________________

Adri's P.O.V

"Adri?!" Tara yelled.

"What?"

"Let's go play." She said. I looked at her like she was crazy until she dragged me outside in the ran.

I laughed at her spinning around and then I started too. We heard someone turn on music and looked towards the house where Alexis ran out. We all started to dance. Getting so wet that our clothes stuck to us like glue and our hair was dripping.

"What are you girls doing?!" Matt yelled as he walked outside.

"Dancing!" We yelled back.

"Come on you guys are wet." Brian yelled.

"Thank you Captain obvious!" I yelled back to Brian.

"Yeah Bri. Let them have their fun. Plus we can see Adri's pinstripe bra, Alexis' pink one, and Tara's purple." Jimmy said. We all looked down and saw that our bras were showing. That made us run right into the house and upstairs to our rooms. We walked back downstairs to see the guys watching Fear and Loathing...again.

"Guys you are going to burn me out on this movie." I said as I shook my head.

"Well then put another one on." Jimmy said laughing at me. I went to get up to put another one on, until I got a dirty look from not one, but four guys.

"No it's ok." I said before I sat down on Matt's lap as they all laughed.

"I'm hungry." Zacky said as he laid hie head down in my lap.

"Want me to go make you something to eat?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. But of course with my luck as soon as I walked into the kitchen the power went out. Making me drop the glass of water I had picked up on my way in here and scream. I felt Matt wrap his arms around my waist and pick me up....Have I ever mentioned that I'm afraid of the dark, cause I am. Big Time!!! Matt walked back into the living room that was lite with candles already. I placed my head in the crook of his neck and hid.

"It's ok Adri." Zacky said as he laid his head back in my lap.

"Well guess you're not getting lunch huh?" I said as I ran my hand his hair.

"It's cool." He said as he closed his eyes. None of the candles lasted long and pretty soon we were sitting in darkness. But the one thing I won't ever forget was Tara yelling out "Brian Elwin Haner Jr.! Put it away!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to get it out, but my allergies are making me feel like I have a cold.
Plus I have a four finials to take next week so I'm freaking out.

You should read my friend Tara's stories.

Here's one of the links (http://www.mibba.com/story/synluver4ever/Joy-Ride-In-Bat-Country)

Please read. She's an amazign writer and should have lots and lots of people read her stories!