Just Look Up To The Stars, and Believe Who You Are

Eleven

Sitting in the drivers seat of my car I debated on whether to get out or not, I sat parked in the cemetery parking lot that my mother was buried in. A pile of flowers sat on the passengers seat, I knew if I didn't go visit I'd regret it once I went back to La Push, I'd been in Boston for a month now, I was staying at Callie's house now, but her parents were getting into fights, and I knew I had to leave soon.

Finally deciding to get out, I pushed my door open grabbing the flowers, and making my way to her grave, reading the name sent shivers throughout my body 'Janet Grey' was etched into the grey stone, wilting flowers were leaning against the base, and I placed mine down dropping to my knees.

"I miss you mom, I miss you so much." I whispered, letting a few tears slip down my cheek.

I don't know how many hours passed but by the time I got up the strength to stand it had gotten dark, and I made my way back towards the car. I knew I had to go back to La Push, my dad needed me. Driving back to Callie's house I saw her sitting on the steps, her bleached blond hair hanging in her face. Parking the car I made my way to sit next to her, she had tears slipping from her eyes.

"Fighting again?" I asked quietly pulling her into a hug, she nodded and wiped away the tears.

"I'm leaving tomorrow- the fights will stop." I told her, and she just looked up at me, pulling me into a tight hug, I didn't want to leave her, Travis, or John- but I had too.

"I'll miss you Dev." She whispered, her voice shaking and low.

"I'll miss you more than words can ever express."

---

It'd taken me only five days to get back to La Push, and the 'Welcome to La Push' sign was hidden with tree branches, kind of like La Push it's self- hidden in trees. Driving into town, I sighed- nothing could prepare me for coming back and seeing everyone again. As I pulled into my driveway I saw my dad's car parked and smiled. Cutting the engine, and getting out I ran inside- my dad was standing by the coffee pot when I burst through the front door, running to him I pulled him into a hug breathing heavily into his shoulder.

"I love you Dad, I'm sorry I left." I muttered out, his arms wound around me as I heard him suck in a deep breath.

"I love you too Devyn, I missed you- but I'm glad you left, I think you needed to see them." He said, and I pulled back from him smiling up at him- he smiled back and I sat at the table.

"I really did need it-" I sighed as he sat across from me, his expression had dropped, and I knew he was going to ask what happened, but hopefully he wouldn't push to much.

"Everyone was worried about you Devyn, I only told them you were okay and fine- Jacob would stop by every day up until a week ago…I've never seen him look to depressed Dev. What made you get up and leave so suddenly?" My dad asked as he sat across from me, sucking in as much air as possible I looked up at him.

"I know Dad, a lot has just been going on and I just needed to get away fast- I'd rather not get into it." I explained, and stood up- I was about to walk to my room when my dad caught me.

"Go see him Devyn, I don't know what he did, but from the look in his eyes he's hurting without you- he loves you Dev. If you won't go for him, please do it for me- for mom, she would have loved him." My dad's words struck me like a thousand knives- the mention of my mom made me look at him before grabbing my car keys.

"Dev, wait- here, they found your old phone." He said handing me a small new phone, I smiled at him pushing it into my pocket and running out the front door- it had begun to down pour. Getting in my car, I revved it up again and pulled out of the driveway- making my way to Jacob's. I didn't know what I was going to say, but I knew I had to see him- even if he hated me, despised me, I had to see him. My stomach knotted as I pulled into his driveway, I cut the engine running to the front door- I was soaked from just walking to the front door it was raining so hard. Billy pulled it open and his face instantly lightened up when he saw me, he told me Jacob was in the garage- and how happy he was that I was back. I hugged him quickly before running towards the garage, the rain pounded against me as I made the short run to the garage, the door was open and I stepped inside- dripping from the rain. I saw Jacob bent over fixing up a pick-up truck.

"Jake." I managed out, my voice cracking and high. Jacob shot up from what he was doing and looked at me- his eyes locking with mine as he dropped the wrench in his hand. He ran to me, instantly pulling me into his arms lifting my feet from the floor. I wrapped my arms around him as he hugged me, his warm chest instantly warming me from the cool rain.

"Don't ever do that again- I love you." He said as he set me down, I looked up at him and just pulled him into a hug- my arms wrapped around his waist as his wrapped around my shoulders. I didn't want to let go, I never wanted to let go.

"Promise." I whispered, placing a light kiss on his bare chest. I looked up at him to see a smile spread across his lips, standing on my tip toes I connected our lips. My arms wrapped around his neck, as he pulled me closer to him, deepening the kiss.

"Alice found the vampire in your dream- she's dead…you're safe Devyn." Jacob said pulling back, and I smiled up at him- his eyes glued to mine, my eyes welled with tears as the thought of everything being back to normal again.

"I was always safe with you Jake, it just took me too long to realize it." I mumbled, and he just pulled me closer to him if it was even possible. This is where I belonged, in his arms- so maybe I was only a teenager, I knew what I wanted.

"You always will be safe- I would never let anything happen to you." Jacob said pulling back a little bit, his arm still wrapped around me though. I smiled up at him again, kissing his cheek. Maybe I didn't know where this would go, but I knew one thing for sure, and I smiled up at Jacob as I spoke-

"I believe you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are loved<3