Just Look Up To The Stars, and Believe Who You Are

Seven

As I slowly woke up, I turned next to me to see Jacob wasn't there. I sighed, and rolled over, but gasped when I accidentally rolled onto my stitches. I shot up from the bed, I peeked in the mirror and groaned- I looked horrible, but I didn't care at this point. I decided to make my way to the kitchen, once I walked through the door way, I saw all the guys sitting there, as Jacob stood over the stove. I looked at them and rubbed my eyes slowly, my outfit was one to laugh at swell.

"Well good morning sleeping beauty." Jacob chucked a little bit, and I sat next to Sam at the table, then rested my head on the table, my arm was throbbing, and I wanted it to go away.

"Sleep well?" Paul snickered, and I glared at him kicking his leg under the table.

"I slept fine thanks very much- my arms just killing me." I hissed, I rolled up my sleeve to see blood staining the bandage, probably from rolling on it this morning. Sam noticed it, and looked at Jacob and back to me.

"I'll go grab from gauze from the bathroom- that needs to be changed." He stated running up the stairs- I sighed and was about to rest my head on the table when Jacob slid a plate of chocolate chip pancakes in front of me. I smiled at him and dug in- just as I was about to take another bite from my pancake Sam came back down stairs with a first aid kit. I groaned pushing the plate away from me, and Paul snatched it and began eating them. Sam began pulling the bandage off, and I looked down to see a good number of stitches in my arm- I winced when I saw it, I noticed Quil counting the number of stitches as Sam tossed the old bandage in the trash.

"20 stitches exactly, that looks painful." Quil stated as Sam put some type of ointment on it, I groaned at Quil, and Jacob sat next to me holding my hand in his.

"What the hell cut your arm open like this?" Sam questioned wrapping the bandage around it tightly, and then rolling my sleeve back down.

"I honestly can't tell you- it just happened, probably a branch or something." I mumbled taking the plate back from Paul and eating the one remaining pancake.

"A branch Devyn? A branch wouldn't do that- that looks like a knife." Sam mumbled, and I just looked at him laughing a little bit.

"If someone sliced my arm open with a knife- I think I would've saw something." I mumbled, and they just looked at each other.

"It couldn't be, could it?" Jacob half whispered, and I looked at him questioningly.

"I don't know Jacob, but all I know is someone has to watch her at all times for now." Sam answered and I looked at them all before standing up, and walking to the living room where Billy sat.

"Morning Billy." I said sitting on the couch, he turned towards me with a smile on his face.

"I called your father this morning, he's coming over with some clothes for you- then we're heading out to fish." Billy stated and I smiled at him.

I wondered what Jacob and Sam meant by 'it couldn't be, could it' and 'someone has to watch her at all imps' I didn't exactly like where that conversation was going. I looked down at my bandaged right arm and sighed- that's one more idiotic story to tell. 'What happened to your arm?' 'I don't know, it just happened.' Yeah, cause that sounds sane to any person.

"Devyn?" I snapped my attention from my thoughts and saw Jacob standing in front of me, I always seemed to stare at his torso, which was almost always bare. He had his arms hanging at his side, and his chest was perfect, flawless- I let my eyes wander around his torso to his tattoo, and admired it for a little bit before Jacob moved and sat next to me.

"See anything you like?" I heard him question and I just laughed a little bit.

"What's it to ya?" I questioned, and he just let out a soft laugh, his arm wrapped around my shoulders gently making sure not to hit my arm, and I rested into his side- a sigh escaping my lips.

"When you were talking to Sam, what did you mean?" I asked him, he just rubbed small circles on my shoulder with this thumb.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about Dev- we just have to watch out for you for awhile until we have things figured out." Jacob said, and I pushed away from him, leaning on the couch, and facing him.

"I'm going to worry whether you like it or not Jacob, I'm that kind of person- so what your saying is that I have a babysitter?" I questioned, my voice showing a hint of annoyance. Jacob smiled a little bit at me, placing his hand on my thigh, and gently squeezing it.

"I'm telling you Devyn, don't worry about it- and all it means is that we'll get to have more sleep overs." Jacob said winking at me, and I playfully pushed his hand off my thigh, but instantly cuddled into his side.

---~----
"Jacob?" I questioned as we rested in my bedroom, my father was out with Billy and I had just gotten out of the shower and changed- now we were both entwined in each others arms lying on my bed, music softly played from my ipod speakers.

"Yes?" He replied gently stroking my side, I smiled up at him before lightly kissing his cheek.

"What are we doing here?" I questioned, referring to the whole imprint, making out, cuddling thing. Jacob shifted under me and placed his hand on my cheek, gently pulling my face up to his- his lips gently rested on mine before he pulled back and smiled.

"It can be whatever you want it to be, but I'd love if you'd be my girlfriend Devyn." He whispered taking a piece of my hair between his fingers, and wrapping it around his. I smiled at him and kissed his shoulder before resting my head on his chest. I didn't know what I wanted- I was falling for Jacob, I was falling hard, but I still didn't comprehend the whole imprint thing. I finally looked up at Jacob a smile dancing on my lips, I rolled over him so I was lying on top of him, and he smiled up at me, I placed my hands on both sides of his face, and placed my lips to his kissing them with all the passion I could.

Pulling back I kissed his cheek, then his forehead, then his lips once more before talking.

"What would you say if I told you I'd love to be your girlfriend?" I questioned my voice barely above a whisper, the smile on his face told it all as he gently flipped us over so he was on top of me but supporting his own weight.

"I'd tell you that's the greatest thing I've ever heard you say." He whispered placing his lips on mine, I kissed back as my hands wrapped around his neck, I felt him lightly bite my bottom lip, and parted my lips for him as I ran my fingers through his hair.

His hands wandered down to the edge of my shirt, and gently pushed it up- I broke the kiss and pushed his hand away embarrassed. I didn't want him to see the giant scar I had running across my abdomen. He looked down at me questioningly.

"What's wrong babe?" He asked, and I just shrugged my shoulders like I always did. He climbed off of me, and sat next to me pulling me onto his lap. I rested my head on his chest, and his arms rested on my back, while another rested on my thigh. Jacob rubbed my back gently, and looked at me.

"Nothing Jake, just not comfortable with my body." I mumbled, and he pulled my chin up, lightly kissing my lips.

"You're beautiful Devyn, you are flawless to me." He whispered and I smiled at him, knowing he'd find out eventually. I lied back down and pulled him to me kissing his lips. I felt him smile into, and I pulled back.

"Lift up my shirt Jacob-" I whispered, and he smiled kissing my lips his hands found the hem of my shirt again, and gently pushed it up. His hot fingers ran across the bare skin, and when he ran his fingers across my stomach he felt the scar- and stopped, I knew he realized that shouldn't be there, and I pulled back.

"It's a scar Jacob-" I whispered, and he sat back, resting his weight on his knees he pushed my shirt up to just below my chest, and traced the scar with his finger- it ran across my entire stomach because they had complications in surgery causing them to make the incision large.

"What's this from?" Jacob asked, his hand still gently resting on my stomach. I sighed before sitting up and wrapping my arms around his neck, his hands rested on my waist.

"When my mom was sick, her kidney failed and I was a match- she died two weeks after." I whispered resting my forehead against his, I felt him pull me closer to him, and I sucked in a breath between my parted lips.

"Just don't tell the guys- it's something I hate talking about." I whispered, and Jacob just pulled back kissing my lips lightly.

"Your secret's safe with me- but don't think your not beautiful because of that, scars show character Devyn, and you're one tough cookie." He said, and I laughed a little bit at him as someone knocked on my bedroom door. I pulled away from Jacob, climbing out of bed I made my way to the door.

Paul was standing there with a smile on his face, Jacob groaned and they knew something I didn't.

"I have to go Dev, but I'll be back tonight." Jacob stated, and I sighed not wanting him to leave, he walked up behind me as Paul walked into my room making himself at home in my bed. I laughed walking with Jacob to the door.

I stood leaning against the door frame as Jacob stood on the front steps- his arms snaked around my waist pulling me to him he kissed me, and pulled back smiling.

"I'll see you later beautiful." He whispered, and I smiled at him, he always made me feel better.

"I'll be waiting wolf boy." I stated, and he laughed before running off. Making my way back to my room, Paul smiled at me the minute I walked in.

"So, last night- what happened?" Paul asked a smug look on his face, I picked up a pillow and threw it at his face before sitting at the window seat, I saw Jacob right as he was about to go in the forest, he looked up at me waved, and I smiled waving back before he ran off into the forest.

"Nothing happened last night Paul, but as of a few minutes ago we're official." I mumbled, and he laughed before rolling over in my bed and finding my journal I kept on my night stand. He grabbed it flipping it open, at that I jumped up and ran over to the bed trying to get it but he just rolled. I tackled him, and straddled his hips trying to get it. Finally I managed to jump up and snatch it from his hands and he groaned.

"You put up a good fight." He mumbled, and I got up off of him and resumed sitting at the window.

"I've beat up my far share of guys Paul, but they aren't always wolf boys."