Just Look Up To The Stars, and Believe Who You Are

Eight

Waking up on the first day of Summer I let a sigh of relief escape my lips, no more school work to worry about; and more time to spend with Jacob. The past months have been hectic with them patrolling at night and all- they still won't tell me a thing.

Making my way down stairs to the kitchen I saw a note on the counter, grabbing it between my fingers I read it.

'Dev, Didn't want to wake you- but I'm fishing with Billy until Sunday- be good, try not to hurt yourself. Love, Dad'

A smile spread across my face as I made my way to the fridge pouring a cup of juice. Taking a sip I walked to the phone to call Jacob and invite him over. Dialing his number I placed the phone to my ear, and took another sip as the phone rang.

"Hello?" A girl asked into the phone, my mouth dropped open a little bit.

"Uh- Leah?" I questioned thinking Jacob was just out patrolling, and they were just hanging around Jacob's house.

"Not even close, Bella- Is this Devyn?" I gasped silently.

"Not like it matters." I hissed into the phone and heard Jacob ask 'Who is it?' in the background, Bella told her it was me and I heard Jacob mutter something under his breath.

"Dev?" He questioned, and I laughed at him.

"Fuck off." I hissed into the phone smashing it down I dropped my cup into the sink and ran upstairs. Quickly grabbing some clothes I made my way to the shower. After I got myself cleaned up I grabbed my car keys and knew I had to leave because Jacob would be over and I didn't feel like dealing with him. After the last stunt with Bella, I can't believe he'd do this again.

Driving away from the house I found myself driving towards Forks; I didn't know where I was going but I knew Jacob wouldn't find me. I found myself driving down a random street, pulling over I killed the engine and sighed.

"I hate guys." I whispered, getting out of the car I walked around and sat on the hood lying back. I figured not many people would drive by and that those who did probably wouldn't bother me.

I figured it had been about an hour when I heard a car speed by, my head snapped to see the same volvo as before; Edward's. I hoped they didn't see me, but with my luck I heard the car spin around and park in front of my mustang.

"You really shouldn't be out here alone Devyn." I heard Edward say making his way over towards me, I sat up and looked him.

"and you care why?" I snapped at him as he made his way towards me, he ran a hand along the edge of my car a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Nice car, but Jacob's done a lot for my family; and he cares about you so I just don't want anything happening to you." He explained taking a seat next to me on the car.

"Right, sure." I muttered, I crossed my arms rubbing my thumb cross the scar on my arm- it was healed by now, but the scar was quite large.

"Do you think I could take her for a ride?" Edward asked pointing at my car, I turned to him and laughed.

"Can I trust you with my baby?" I asked, and he climbed off the car.

"Let's find out- Emmett take the car home!" Edward stated, his car instantly came to life and sped off. I turned to Edward glaring at him.

"Fine, whatever." I sighed dangling the keys in front of me, he grabbed them and I climbed in the passengers seat as he climbed in next to me. Revving it up he sped off towards La Push, I looked at him glaring slightly.

"You suck." I hissed knowing he was going to Jacob's, he laughed revving the engine and causing me to grip the seat. Pulling into Jacob's driveway I saw Bella and Jacob sitting on the stairs. Jacob shot up at the sight of my car- but when Edward stood up from the drivers side, and I remained in my seat his face sank.

"Can you trust me another time? I love this car." Edward said leaning in the window, tossing me the keys, I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Maybe." I replied as Bella ran into his arms and Jacob walked up to my window leaning in, I slid away from him slightly.

"Why was Edward driving your car Devyn?" Jacob asked, and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Come on, don't be like this Devyn, she's just a friend." Jacob tried again, I slid out the drivers side door, and looked at Edward and Bella.

"Do you guys need a ride home or anything?" I called out, they walked over and smiled at me.

"We could run, but I'd love to go for a spin in this beauty." Bella stated, I stepped out of the way and let her climb in, as Edward sat on the other side of her. I sat in, and the car roared to life.

"Jacob, I'll deal with you later." I stated pulling out of the driveway and following directions on how to get to the Cullen's house. The drive there was quite silent, and awkward, so as we pulled down the dirt driveway I was relieved to see a house come into view. I cut the engine, and turned to them.

"Thanks Devyn, I love your car." Bella said as I got out of the car to let her out, I saw people emerge from the house, and stood behind my open car door as they walked towards us. A tall, muscular guy ran to the car running his hands along the sides.

"Emmett, come on." Edward called towards the guy, and I smiled at the people standing before me, figuring they were the Cullen family, I saw Carlisle from the hospital and smiled shutting the car door.

"How are you doing Devyn?" He asked walking towards me, I smiled at him leaning against my car. I rolled my sleeve up a little bit to show him the healed scar.

"As of now, not bruised or broken." I laughed, he looked at the scar and back to my face.

"I have some cream to make that fade if you want." Carlisle added, and I just smiled at him pulling the car door open again.

"Every scar tells a story; they show character- but thanks." I said, and Carlisle smiled at me.

"You must have many stories to tell then Devyn, I'll let you go now- stop by anytime if you need anything." Carlisle said, and I smiled at him- I waved goodbye and got in the car driving down the driveway. Making my way back to my house I thought everything, and decided they were only friends; it's just he didn't tell me they were hanging out and that kind of hurt.

Pulling into my driveway I saw Jacob and Paul sitting on my front steps. Climbing out of the car I walked up to them, and stood there waiting for one to start talking.

"Look, If you want to freak out Devyn; freak out, but you know for a fact Bella and I are just friends; and letting Edward drive your car was an idiotic move; he's reckless Devyn."Jacob stated, and I laughed at his last statement.

"I was going to say I'm sorry, but apparently I'm an idiot." I snapped at him, pushing past the two and unlocking the front door- but before I could open it Jacob spun me around to face him.

"I'm sorry Dev; I just worry a lot about you." He stated, and I just sighed.

"Whatever Jacob." I said pushing the front door but this time Paul caught me, and I glared at him.

"We all worry about you Devyn, just let us come in and hang out." Paul said, and I sighed pushing the front door open, and holding it open- they both just stood there.

"Well, are you going to come in or chill on the front steps all night?" I asked and they both just ran inside and collapsed onto the couch. I was about to walk back Jacob and sit on the recliner, but he pulled me down and into his lap a smile on his face.

"So, we're alone for the next three nights Dev." Jacob whispered into my ear as Paul flipped through the channels, I smirked at Jacob.

"What's your point Jake?" I whispered back kissing his cheek. I felt his lips on my neck, and kissed up my jaw to my lips, kissed them and went back to my ear.

"I think you know what my point is-" He said, I could hear the lust in his voice, and I smirked whispering back to him.

"and you're thinking with the head between your legs Jacob." At that I slid off his lap and rested into his side, the look on Jacob's face was priceless.

"You're an evil person, Devyn." Jacob said wrapping his arms around me as I focused on the t.v.

"but I'm your evil person, wolfboy."