I'll follow your voice.

01

Roxanne was honestly sick of people. Especially people yelling at her. She hadn’t done anything wrong; but then again she never thought she did. Like every police officer in the state of Maine said; you’re innocent until proven guilty in the court of law. Not that she’d ever been to jail. She was after all, only sixteen. What she’d been caught doing, was soliciting outside a local restaurant. She’d only been there a few minutes, when the cops had show up. The greeting she had gotten too wasn’t exactly nice. Roxanne waved some multi colored hair over her head. This was uncalled for. Her temper was starting to rise; the police were trying to get a name out of her and failing miserably.

“We’ll ask you one more time miss.” The cure female officer spoke.

Roxanne raised her eyebrows, smirking slightly. “I told you, Billie Bob Thornton! My mom’s a big fan.” Her lower lip pulled out in a pout. “Enough of one to name her own daughter after him. Rude, right? I mean come on ma, some originality would be nice. Puhlease!” she shrugged.

“Alright, you little punk, tell us you’re real name or we’ll be forced to take you in.”

Something inside her sparked. “You don’t have to do anything lady. You just want to so your macho ego is boosted.” Roxanne hated authority and how they thought they could do anything they pleased based off the field of profession they were involved in.

“You have the right to remain silent.”

All of a sudden, a fire alarm sounded. The group turned to see a building ablaze with fresh flames that licked onlookers by the end of its forked tongue. The officers all but forget Roxanne, as they charged to the building, pulling actual solicitors off the sidewalk. Roxanne, eager to get away from that place took off running. Seemed lately, fire was looking to be on her side. But then again, it always had been. Her feet carried underneath her, lengthening her strides. She didn’t stop running, not even for oncoming traffic. Her feet didn’t stop moving back and forth till she had reached the penthouse she was currently boarded in with her father. Upon reaching the floor she was on, a burning sensation reached the tips of her fingers.

Looking down, she saw the tips of her fingers were sparked with a small flame. Shock and fear set in, as she rapidly waved her hands around, trying to extinguish the flames. When it died down, she peered with shaking breath at them. Not a single scorch or remains of the flame that had been there just moments ago.

On the other side of town, Arabella was training her body for the next nationals meet. She’d only placed bronze last time, and needed her A-game was much as possible. Just stepping off the uneven bars, she was resting her head against the padded wall; breathing heavily. It was just frustrating. Not knowing how you were going to do, and how your body could only push itself so much, before it gave out on you. Why couldn’t it perform like the others? She moved fluidly, without breaks or jolty movements. Why couldn’t she nail such an easy trick, when she could any other time? A triple back dismount off the bars. It was one of the easiest things that had come to her, thought proven difficult to others.

Her frustration was growing slightly, as the water in the bottle she carried around started to bubble mysteriously. Raising the bottle to inspect it, it simmered down so slightly. Arabella stared at it for moments, trying to figure out what had caused such a change. Movements in the ground were the same, everything was the same. Why though, had her bottle acted differently? Her lips pursed, only to relax as her coach called her over again, saying she needed to try the dismount once again. She left the bottle on the ground, but not before giving it a long, hard look. What was going on?

Lily was stuck home babysitting, as usual. Her little sister, Rae, was off goofing around in her room, doing who knew what. Her eyes glimmered from the TV, to look at the room that led into Rae’s room. She was being obnoxiously loud, starting to get on her nerves in fact.
“Rae, shut up!” she called, twining the green on her hair around her finger.

To her annoyance and regularity, Rae shot through the doorway, blocking Lily’s view of the TV. “Why Lily?”

“Because I said so, and I’m in charge. No go back to your room and shut up.” Her eyes closed for just a second, when reopened Rae was standing in front of her, face direct to her. “Get away you freak.” She hissed through her teeth.

“I’m telling mom you’re being mean!” Rae made a movement for the phone in the kitchen.
Lily frowned, but got up, following Rae. “You won’t.”

“I will!” she picked the wireless phone off the receiver, dialing their mother’s number.
“Rae, stop it.” She heard the dial tone start. Lily’s hand shot out, grabbing for the phone. Rae was swift, and avoided her sister’s grasp. “Rae, give me the phone.” She demanded, her voice darkening.

Their mother picked up the phone, really sparking Lily’s anger. “Rae, give me the phone!”

All of a sudden, the room started to shake, quite violently. The shaking moved from the room they were in, to the rest of the house, soon throughout all of Maine. It was violent, the stationary objects in the house shaking, while pinned things fell from their holdings. Rae darted over to her side, her arms wrapping around her waist. Lily herself was quite shocked at what had happened. After a while, the shaking stopped, things returning to normal. Her eyes darted back and forth, looking for some sort of explanation. What the hell had just happened, even better, what had caused it?

Dulcie was facing the ceiling of her room, when the shaking had started. It came out of nowhere, no tremors from beforehand or anything. It just started, abruptly. She darted from her bedroom, into the walkway of her door, closing her eyes as she slid to the floor. Dulcie’s mother’s voice rang from the other half of the house, calling out to her.

“Mom!” she screamed back, hoping her simple minded mother didn’t do exactly what she thought she was about to do. When she heard footsteps of her mothers, she knew, it would not end well. “Mom!” she screamed again, her voice harsh and hoarse.

A large slab of the plaster shook itself from the place in the ceiling, falling towards her mother. Dulcie cried out, her hair whipping over her face, her hands shooting out. The slab stopped its downward spiral, inches from her mother’s head. It was just hovering there, suspended in the air. “Mom, get down!” she cried out, as soon as her mother scurried out of harm’s way, the slab smashed to the floor. The shaking continued, but when it stopped, her hands formed over her lips, “Oh my god,” she whispered.

Valykrie hated interruptions with her work, or important things that required a computer. Hence the reason she invented new words when her computer crashed. All of her hard work, applying for Dartmouth, blacked out in the blink of an eye. She spent hours perfecting that paper, her thesis, her body so on and so on; ruined. Valykrie could have cared less about the stupid earthquake as she crawled under the desk. Her hard work, gone! Placing her head underneath her hands, her eyes closed as she awaited the passing. It felt like it was never going to end, like this quake would be everlasting.

When it did stop, she breathlessly popped up to peer at her black computer screen. “Come on baby,” she whimpered out, hands hovering over the monitor. “I need you.” Valykrie was pleading, begging, for a miracle to happen. Her head slumped on the wooden desk, about to give into defeat.

It was when her monitor beeped, did she look up. She hadn’t pressed the power button, why exactly was it starting? Looking up slowly, she saw her exact word document, the cursor blinking from the last word she had typed. Skeptically, Valykrie raised her eyebrows. How this had happened, she didn’t know. She wasn’t one for believing in miracles, but it looked like she had just been granted one.
♠ ♠ ♠
it won't be like this through the entire story, just this part. roxanne will be the 'narrator' persay.
the girls appearances can be founndd here!