I'll follow your voice.

014

In a solemn visited bar by anyone; Roxanne sat. She hadn’t ordered anything, or even waited to be seated. Just waltzed in as if she owned the place and plopped herself down. She had refused to let herself cry in the presence of anyone; including strangers. Her hands were knelt to fold together, her head hanging lowly. Things were not going right, but, then again did they ever? Her eyes closed, but the sound of someone sliding into the booth across from her, raised Roxanne’s head.

A woman with blond hair, strong cheekbones and light blue eyes. Her lips pulled back to a smile as their eyes met. “Hello. You seemed a bit lonely.”

She wiped her nose with the hell of her hand, shaking her head. “I’m fine. I don’t need sympathy of someone who has no idea what’s going on in my life.” She said, clenching her jaw.

The woman chuckled, patting her hands together. “You actually, have no idea how wrong you are little one.”

Little one? This wasn’t right. Something about the woman sitting opposite of her; made her uneasy. “What do you mean? Who are you?”

“My name is Aurora. I was a fire spirit not too long ago. Ten years to be exact.” Aurora cocked one of her eyebrows, her red lips pursed.

“You’re crazy. Fire spirits don’t live past the first year.” Roxanne eyed her.

“Really? Than how can I do this?” her finger pointed out to the unlit candle, sparking the wick.

Her eyes moved from wick back to Aurora. “I’m Roxanne.” She held her eyes. “What do you want?”

“Talk to me,” her lips pulled down in a pout. “I was where you were, I know what you must be going through. It’s not the most wonderful thing, but it gets easier.”

“How? How did you live?”

Her eyes seemed to sadden as she looked down. “My squad lost the water spirit instead…he…he sacrificed himself for me.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No, but that’s the same thing with you Roxanne. You’re not decided.”

“I know I’m not. But if I don’t, someone else does.”

“Don’t be unselfish Roxanne. You have every right to live as they do.”

“But…how do you live with yourself knowing that someone died for you?”

“Sweet sacrifice.” She said, looking up at her suddenly. “We were lovers.”

“What was his name?”

“James.”

Roxanne’s facial expression changed drastically. Her expression went from sympathetic to the mourning pyromaniac to jealous. Her left eyebrow raised, lips forming a thin line. “James, hm? Sounds like an interesting character.”

“Well, he’s quite the man in the sack, if you know what I mean.” She winked. “But…he was the love of my life. He was everything to me. Sweet, romantic, protective…he was my prince charming.”

Her eyes lowered her jaw clenching. “Sounds like the perfect man.” hissed through clenched teeth.

Aurora smiled, her head resting in the cradle of her hands. “He was, he really was.”

“How long has he been dead for?”

“About nine years.”

Roxanne’s eyebrows leveled, as she took out her phone, ‘reading a text message’. “Sorry, Aurora, it was nice meeting you, but I have to go. Family emergency.”

“Oh, well it was nice seeing you too Roxanne. Remember, you’ll always know how to contact me if you ever need it.” She smiled.

Roxanne cast one last look over her shoulder, streaks of pink hair casting over her eyes. What had just happened, and who was she still? Chewing on the inside of her lip as she turned, only to meet the black handed glove of a stranger. She had barely had time to start a scream when she blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN DUUNN