I'll follow your voice.

015

There were voices coming from within her head. Was it in her head? Where was it? Her body jolted as she started to come to. The last thing she could remember was meeting that…that fire spirit Aurora. She had stood to leave, gotten outside, hand in her face; no time to react. Speaking of reaction, Roxanne had an oncoming headache. Going to sit up, she hit her head on a low pipe.

“Shit mother fucking asshole fucker son of a bitch!” she exclaimed, holding her head.

“She’s up.” A gruff voice mumbled, a chair scooting back.

Without saying another word, Roxanne slowly rose, biting her tongue as other body parts came into contact with metal. She needed to find out where she was, who she was dealing with. This; could not be good. Roxanne’s fingertips ignited, lighting her way slowly. Where was she? Instead of meandering her way from her kidnappers, she was moving towards them.

“Hey, here phoenix, phoenix, phoenix.”

Phoenix? What? Since when had her name become Phoenix? Shaking her head, she ducked to avoid being seen. The one who had cat called her fake name was tall, hair and muscular. Like a body builder gone wrong. Her lips pulled away in disgust.

“I don’t know who Phoenix is, but I’m Roxanne.” She stepped from the shadow, fire lighting up around his ankles and quickly spreading throughout his entire body, his screams one of terror. The other chair pushed back, catching Roxanne’s attention.

“Dude, Twitchy……Twitchy? Twitchy!” the emotion shown through his voice like a broken record as he found his companion burned to ashes.

Sadly enough; Roxanne didn’t feel the least bit bat for roasting his skin. And to be honest, it smelled like chicken. Looking around, she contemplated if she could make the jump to a box above her if she was quiet and used her wings. Her head tilted slightly to the side, blinking wildly. Could she? But should she? What about the noise she would make?
“Hey!” it was the other one.

Slowly her head turned to face him, feigning an innocent expression. “Point me to the ladies room….?”

“In pieces,” he growled.

Roxanne made another face. “That’s not exactly how I’d like to go…but okay.” Her hand caught flame, shooting out to the scrawnier man.

His hand whipped downward and up, extinguishing the fire at him. Roxanne blinked, twice. This wasn’t good. Before she got a chance to react, she was spiraling towards a bunch of wooden boxes. As she collided with them, something knocked the air from her lungs. Boxes tumbled on top of her, heavy to move. Roxanne groaned, pushing on the packaged wood. Wood. That was it. Wood could be burnt. Pressing her entire body against as much wood as possible, she started to burn. It caught like wildfire and spread thoroughly and soon enough she was free, surrounded by cinders.

“That wasn’t very nice.” She hissed, wings spreading from her back, her transformation taking hold. The fire through her wasn’t calm and beautiful as it had been before; now it was treacherous, betraying even her emotions. Anger. Hatred. Anxiety. Fear.

“Your eyes…” the man who had shot her into the boxes gasped, grappling for some type of grasp.

So the rumor about eyes portraying elements. Roxanne could only imagine how fiery her own were. Fire ignited all around them; the entire warehouse. The flames were high, towering into the glass windows and shattering on contact due to overheating. Something new happened as well; her hair was fire.

“Roxanne!” it was Arabella, sloshing up from the water that lurked outside. With her, were the other girls.

They just stood on the ledge; looking on in awe. The fire had started spiraling around his ankles, but quickly turned to smoke. “Arabella stop it!”

“I’m not doing it!”

That could only mean one more person. Roxanne was not in the mood to see him, fueling the burn behind her fire. Pushing it forward, it made its way to him again, only to be extinguished. Frowning with a slight noise, she tried again. Each time she pressed back, it only resulted in failure. James revealed himself in front of the man, the flames crashing from his body. The look in his eyes had not changed; still painful and hurt. But there was a new dash in them; determination. Her fiery pitted hues glared into his eyes; pushing harder.

“You know fire can’t beat water Roxanne, we’ve already discussed this.”

Fire licked his body but disappeared immediately. He advanced to her, slowly so that he wouldn’t jolt or make her do anything crazy. Despite the obviousness of her not being able to extinguish water, she kept trying to. He was in front of her within several strides, cold and watery hands hanging at his side.

“Roxanne this isn’t you.”

His hands trapped around her body, water taking everything from her. The fiery hair, the wings, her transformation. All put out by a little water. Roxanne took a breath in, and collapsed to the ground, James with her. Somehow, tears breached past her solid mental block, clinging to him like a wet rag. James held her, cooing to her slightly. No words were said by anyone else, they all just moved to her, placing a hand or a hug on her; rocking with her. This was the weakest she had allowed herself to be. Roxanne would never let herself break again.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha, I love it when Roxanne hits her head. fitting song?