I'll follow your voice.

020

Days had passed since that incident, not much happening in between the now and then. The feeling of betrayal though, plagued Roxanne. She hadn’t even told her father, and she would possibly die. She had made it her personal accomplishment; to tell him before Monday and the work week. Cradled in pajamas and ready to go to bed, Roxanne sat, twiddling with her hair. It was past eleven, closer to midnight when the door swung open to reveal her father.

“Roxanne, what are you doing up so late?”

“Dad, I need to talk to. Immediately.”

“Baby, what’s wrong?” her dad questioned, striding over to her and squatting in front of her.

“Please don’t think I’m crazy…But…”

“But what? Roxanne you’re scaring me.”

She ran a hand through her hair. “Daddy, I can control the element of fire. And so can Arabella, Lily, Dulcie and Valykrie. Except they don’t control fire, they control the other elements. And…” she took a breath. “I may possibly die.”

Her father laughed, shaking his balding head. “You’ve done some really crazy crap Roxanne, but drugs? This is a new low.”

“Dad! I’m not on drugs I’m serious!” she cried.

“I don’t believe you.”

“Daddy please! You have to believe me.”

“Prove it then.” Her dad said, eyes tired.

Roxanne nodded her head, and outstretched her palm. Focusing on her inner spirit, she felt the fire spur in her hand. It was soothing as it tickled her palm, the flame growing and shrinking teasingly. “See? I’m not kidding.”

Her father’s eyes were glued to the flame, bewildered. He had the expression that must have mimicked all of theirs when they first found out about this. “Roxanne….how…what…how is this possible?”

“We were chosen. The five of us. To protect Utopia, and to protect this world too. And legend goes that an evil chooses one of the five and kills them. It just so happens it’s me.”

“Wait, you can’t die.”

Tears stung the corner of her eyes. “It’s already been decided daddy; I can’t do anything to stop it. I can fight it but it’s still going to get me.”

“No, it’s not possible.” Her father shook his head, standing and pacing. “There has to be some way…I mean…death is inevitable. You can choose or you can die. I can’t lose you Roxanne. I barely even know you anymore. I’m sorry. You know what…I’ll take off from work, take off the entire week and it’ll be just you and me kiddo. How does that sound?”

Roxanne shook her head. “Daddy, you can’t stop this. I don’t you to be there when it happens. I don’t even know when it’s going to happen. But dad…you can’t stop this. I’m sorry.” She sobbed.

“No….no, this isn’t possible.”

Out of nowhere James appeared, blood dribbling down his forehead. “Roxanne, we need you.”

Her father turned to face James, guarding over Roxanne. “You’re not taking her anywhere. Not when she can die.”

“She needs to come with us or a lot worse things will happen then her death.”

Roxanne blinked, standing from her position. “What’s happening?”

“Utopia. It’s under siege and we’ve lost the Oracle.”

“What do you mean lost? Where are the others?”

“Roxanne you can’t go, it’s too dangerous.” Her father protested.

“They kidnapped him Roxanne, Aurora kidnapped him. They’re already there, defending what’s left.”

She froze. “You said Aurora wasn’t dead.”

“Roxanne you’re seriously not going to go with him are you?”

“She’s not. That’s the thing. She has more power than any other fire spirit has, including you. They need you there Roxanne. Please.”

“Roxanne I forbid you to go with him. You could die.”

She stepped towards James, her transformation taking hold. “Dad I need to go. He’s right. There are worse things than me dying. Thousands of people could die in the place of one. I need to help.” Her fiery complex had shocked even her father, but she shook her head as he began to spoke. “Please dad. I need you to trust me.”

Her father’s lips open and closed many times before he nodded solemnly. “Please be safe….I love you my daughter.” Tears started in his own eyes.

“I love you too daddy. I will come back.” She said, biting her lip. She nodded her head, disappearing into the eternal flame with James.
♠ ♠ ♠
the lovely transformations of the five girls is here!
ohmygoodness! What wll happen next?! One will never know..