I'll follow your voice.

021

As soon as her form arrived in Utopia, water blasted her into a pillar. The breath knocked from her lungs as she fell to the cold floor. Once she regained her breathing, sitting up a little dizzy; Roxanne frowned. “Alright, now it’s war.” Her phoenix wings expanded, eyes glowering in fire.

“Roxanne!” four voices cried out in unison.

“Yeah, yeah, thank me later.” She said, fire spreading from her hands and lacing up bodies; burning them easily to crisps. “How did these people get here?”

“They died and Aurora promised them something to spy.” Dulcie said, flying above and tumbling into a group of earth spirits, crushing their attempts to shoot rocks at her.

Lovely, she thought, gritting her teeth, expanding the fire over several water spirits who had no idea what was happening. “Where’d they take the Oracle?” she rose to the air, a stream of fire lacing through the cracks in the ground and pulling attackers through the cracks; cracks that were the size an inch.

“Nobody knows.” Valykrie said, her hand rose above her head, electricity dancing over flesh.

“My guess is back to earth.” Lily said touching down to open a large hole in the ground to empty pursuers into the pit before closing up.

“Then I’m there.” Roxanne said as the last of the people who dared go against Utopia and had the balls to go up against Roxanne herself disappear. The fire started to burn at her ankles, her teleportation to Aurora; was put out by water.

“You can’t go alone,” Arabella said. “You need us.”

“No,” James said, forming from a puddle. “I think it’s her destiny to go alone.”

Roxanne turned her eyes on James. “What do you mean?”

“The book you saw…it doesn’t lie. It’s prophesied you go by yourself.”

“No! She can’t! Aurora will kill her!” Lily exclaimed, disbelief written on her face.

“How can you say you want her to go? You love her!” Valykrie said, her features twisted in anger.

“We need her. We won’t be complete without her. Send me instead; I can at least extinguish the fire!” Arabella said, her arms folded.

“We can’t just sign her death wish so open like that,” Dulcie said, wrapping her arms around Roxanne’s waist. “We all just found each other.”

“Will you stop talking about me like I’m not here? Jeesh.” Roxanne huffed, stepping forward. “I’m doing this,” her eyes traipsed on James’s. “And…there is the possibility that prophecy sticks true…but we need to take that risk. We need the Oracle more than me.”

“Roxanne,” James whispered, wrapping his arms around her. “Please, nobodies asking you to do this. You don’t have to abide.”

“I know I don’t.” her eyes found his, a weak smile plastered on her face. “But I have to do what’s right.” She shrugged, her lips finding his briefly. “And…know that I’ll probably be seeing you sooner than you want.”

Pain filled his eyes as he looked at her. “Don’t say that. You don’t know that.”

She nodded her head. “But I do.”

James’s forehead rested against hers. “I don’t want you to join me. You deserve to live.”

“We can’t choose our destiny,” she murmured, knitting her brows. “No matter how much we want to.”

“I’ll be here waiting for you.” He said, leaving her with a long and romantic kiss.

Then Roxanne disappeared into flames, looking at James till fire overcame her. Her eyes opened to darkness, fire lighting only random spots. The smell of blood was obvious, which only boiled her further. “Aurora I know you’re here! Come on, let’s stop playing games and get this over with.”

Something cackled behind her, she turned just in time to stop a flaming ball from striking her. “Really now? You should know matching fire with fire never accomplishes anything.” The fire disappeared with a wave of her hand.

“Oh Roxanne, so naïve.”

“Excuse me?” were the only words she could get past when gallons of water dumped over her, drenching and ruining her fiery body. Coughing and sputtering the clear liquid out, she shook it from her body. A new game plan was needed. When Roxanne looked up, she saw the Oracle in plain sight; not that far from her. That was her new game plan. Get the Oracle out at all costs. Standing with water weighing her, she started to move towards him; her back to water for fiery wings to ignite. The Oracle was tied up, bound and gagged.

When Roxanne reached him, out of nowhere fire slammed into her. Having never been touched by others fire; she realized how painful it actually was. It had come in contact with her right side, Roxanne feverishly abandoning the fire, leaving painful crippled flesh. Roxanne clenched her teeth, letting out a slow breath. She wanted to cry; she’d never been burned before. But she wouldn’t let herself show weakness as she staggered to her feet and made her way back to the Oracle, her fingers moving slowly over his bounds that burned to cinders and freed him.

“Roxanne, you’re fighting a losing battle.”

“I know, you need to get back to Utopia.”

Something creaked and broke from above, Roxanne pushing the Oracle out of the way, taking the weight of the board on her back as it slammed her to the ground. She cried out in pain, holding her breath and releasing slowly. The Oracle had fallen, and Roxanne knew Aurora would jump on him at any second. Stretching out her hand, she let fire engulf him and send him back to Utopia. Where he would be safe. As soon as he was gone, Aurora stepped from the shadows, anger written blatantly on her face.

“You’re going to pay for that.” She growled.

Roxanne let the slab on top of her burn away, releasing its hold on her. “Yeah? Let’s hope it pays good.”