I'll follow your voice.

022

Aurora chuckled, circling Roxanne slowly. “You know kid; I got to hand it to you. You really gave me a run for my money.”

“You must not have a lot of money,” she replied snidely, warping fire directed at her.

She banished it with her hand. “It’s kind of sad; you know…they said you were the great one. The one that had the most power. But yet, you can’t even land a blow on me. Pretty cute actually, I mean…I didn’t mean to make you so jealous over James. Puppy love though, what are you going to do?”

Roxanne gritted her teeth and ran at Aurora; tackling her to the ground. Her hands ignited; but not with visible flames. Flames that heated her skin, and pressed against Aurora’s face. Her screaming started, the skin starting to sag away beneath her hands. Aurora pressed back, sending a ball of flames to her stomach and upwards to hit the ceiling. Roxanne cried out as she moved from the position on the ceiling and slammed hard into the concrete ground. Her initial was to crawl up and pretend to be dead but if she did, she would be letting everyone down. Crawling to her knees, she gasped for breath.

“What, Roxanne. Are you tired already? Resigning your powers to me so I can use them to their full reign?”

She bit her tongue, shaking her head. “People like you don’t deserve power.”

“I can control it better! I know how to wield it! To hell I don’t!” she roared, sending Roxanne flying once again.

She hit the back wall, her head knocking against the wall and once again as she fell. Blood had stained her teeth, and she really did feel like giving up now. Her body was screaming at her too; her mind egging her on. Holding her stomach, she crawled slowly into hiding. Roxanne needed the element of surprise. Breathing heavily, with shuddering vibrations of the body wasn’t helping accomplish that. Calming her body, she peered over the top of a box.

“Come on Roxanne! I was just getting warmed up! Do you give up on everything you do? No wonder James won’t screw you!”

Something blew into flames right across from her, plainly seen from her position. That must have meant that Aurora was near her. She needed more time. Closing her eyes, she conjured a ball of fire on the other side of wherever they were; farthest away from Roxanne. The concentration drained her, but she kept pressing until flames started to cackle again; barely touching her ears. With a sigh of relief, she opened her eyes. Aurora was staring right at her.

“Do I look like I was born yesterday?” she smirked, before pushing her fists with force into Roxanne’s nose.

Roxanne cried out, but didn’t let it down her. She had been punched around more than once and knew how to rebound. Catch them off guard, and let them know you weren’t one to be underestimated. Roxanne moved forward despite the pain in her nose; and tackled Aurora around the ankles. She hadn’t been expecting it, which led to the twisting and snapping of her knee. Roxanne loomed over her, and delivered a kick to her mouth. “How do you like that Queen Bitch?” she spat out.

Not satisfied, Roxanne yanked her up by the hair and slammed her face into the wall, a sickening crack echoing. Aurora howled and twisted from her hold, slamming back into Roxanne. The two girls fell, wrestling each other for dominance. One minute Aurora had it, the other Roxanne. Her body was screaming her to surrender, but she refused. Her fists collided with hair and bone as much as she could; taking the hits as well. Soon enough, her face was just wet and slippery from the blood that decked it. By now she would have given up, except so much more was at stake. Roxanne was underneath at the moment, and with a sudden burst of enthusiasm, kicked up to send Aurora spiraling off of her.

Roxanne moved onto her knees, gasping and spitting blood. She needed a break, needed time to catch her breath. She had no opportunity though. Aurora grasped her and threw her into the water pit in the center of the warehouse. The water engulfed through her open mouth, coughing and spewing as she began to surface. It wasn’t long till her head was pushed underneath again though. The second time around though, she had taken a breath in. her vision was blurred from the water, but she needed time. Needed time to think of a plan. Aurora’s hand wrenching her hair though wasn’t a good way to buy it. Her head surfaced again, gasping in another breath before her hands wrapped around Aurora’s, pulling her in with. This way, neither of them had the advantage.

It was all to fists and such now; something Roxanne excelled at. Her fist collided with Aurora’s cheek, blood opening from the fresh wound. Roxanne kicked back away from her, trying to get to the wall and hoist herself from the water. Aurora had swum after her though, her body slamming onto hers from above the water. The breath knocked from her hold, her mouth opening in shock. Aurora’s hands traced over her neck, trying to choke what little oxygen had remained in her lungs. Roxanne kicked and writhed through the heaviness of the water, trying to get away. It was hard and her body was starting to tire from the constant movement underneath the water. Roxanne needed to get away or she would die. Her hands found Aurora’s exposed neck and chest and started to claw; blood sprouting and swirling to the surface of the water as she did so. Bubbles pushed past her mouth as her hands moved to her fresh wound. Roxanne took this opportunity and swam. She had made it to the ledge and gotten her upper half over it, when something yanked her down. Her head smacked on the concrete with too much force for her to handle. Then, blackness.