I'll follow your voice.

04

She hadn’t said anything to Lily about her dream; it would be too much for either of them to handle. That was a day ago though; tonight, was the masquerade party the town held. Roxanne would be attending, just to be there. Anywhere was better than being home alone. She would meet up with Lily, who hopefully wouldn’t be late. After she had that dream, she’d become a tad paranoid. Flinching at anything that had to do with fire, let alone any of the other elements. Roxanne didn’t even know if she was up to coming to this party tonight, what if something bad was going to happen?

“Dad,” she called out.

“Yes Roxanne?”

She stepped out of her room, in a crimson red cocktail dress, that stopped above her thighs, belted in slightly with its own fabric on her waist, wrapping up to cover her entire chest, draping over in a tie that wrapped around her neck. It had a dropped back, showing off her shoulder blades. Since it was a masquerade, she bore a red, gold with white speckles mask that was held onto her delicate face with a fine string. Roxanne wore black Christian Louboutins that had slits up the foot. It was more than she was used to, more feminine then she’d ever let herself be. “I’m going out, I’ll be back.”

“To the party?” her father said business suit still on.

“Yeah.”

“Be careful,” he said with a defeated sigh.

She took the elevator out, her feet cramping in the heels already. This was going to be a long night, but if she got her way with it, the pain her feet would be impaled with, would be worth it. Sliding her heavily marked eyes over the crowd as she approached, she saw no Lily from where they said they’d meet. Looking around skeptically, she began to wander if she’d been set up. It was then that she saw a girl in a green party dress, the neckline split down to the sash on the naval. The brown and green hair set off the tip that it was indeed, Lily. Roxanne waltzed up to the girl, tapping her lightly on the shoulder.

Her friend whipped around, her eyes appearing wider behind the glare of the mask. “Roxanne, you came!”

“You all but forced me,” she replied, placing a loose strand of pink hair back in the bobby pin that adorned her hair.

“So, have you seen anyone that looks….well…magical?”

“Yeah, I saw Merlin skipping down the block on the way over. Told him to contact me if he noticed anything strange.”

Lily frowned, despite Roxanne enjoying her small quip. “I’m serious Roxanne. I really do think there are other girls out there, here, just like us.”

Roxanne narrowed her eyes, looking anywhere but Lily, before finally turning to face her. “Fine. I’ll keep any eye peeled, alright?”

Lily looked at her, before her eyes brightened at something over her shoulder. “Look at this guy, isn’t he adorable?”

Roxanne turned to find a boy, no, a man striding towards them. He had black hair that fell into his eyes, but didn’t cover the cerulean blue hue. He was tall, of a white pallor. There was something off about him though, the way his eyes darted around; like he was looking for something. And each time his eyes drifted off the person he had just been looking at, he seemed far less than pleased. Angry, it was so visible in his eyes. She was drawn to him almost immediately, but scared as well.

“Lily, don’t go near him.” When Lily didn’t respond, she turned around. “Lily?”

She wasn’t there. Roxanne was about to step out to find her, when an arm placed itself on her. Her body froze, her eyes growing wide at the coldness of the body. If she ran, would he pursue her? If she screamed, would a scene be caused? What if she was overreacting and this really was nothing? He wasn’t looking for somebody, he really wasn’t angry. Slowly, she turned heel, meeting those icy blue eyes. The anger wasn’t there; which meant he had more than likely found what he had been searching for.

“Can I help you?” her defiant and threatening voice boomed from the back of her throat. If this man was looking for her, or wanted anything to do with her; he wasn’t going to overpower her either. This newfound power of hers was triggered by anger, from what she knew. All she would have to do was get angry, and he would quite literally be toast.

“Not really Roxanne,” his voice was like velvet, music to her ears. “All I want is a dance.”

“See, I’m not much of a dancer, so I’m going to have to turn your offer down. Sorry.” She tilted her head, eyeing him up.

He bent his head down, looking her straight in the eye. “See, thing is I don’t take no for an answer.”

He led her to the dance floor, much despite her kicking and flailing about, trying to get free. When he had his arms placed modestly on her waist, they began to sway. “What do you want?” she hissed out, her upper lip pulling up in disgust. “Why are you doing this?”

“I’m not doing anything. This is all you. If you and your friends don’t start answering questions about Utopia, your little earth bending friend here, is going to die. So you’ll answer these questions nice and clear, won’t you?”

Roxanne froze, eyes scanning for Lily. Whoever had taken her couldn’t have gotten very far. Her anger was rising quickly now, with the angst of her naïveté’s. “Where is she?”

“I don’t know, you might want to answer my questions first before you ask your own.”

Her face screwed up, the feeling of heat rising within her. The feeling of absolute power surged through her fingertips, little sparks starting to ignite beneath them. “Wrong answer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
dresses
Dulcie- White/Silver with straps. Lily-Green. Valykrie-Without straps. Roxanne-Red. Arabella-Blue.
More of Roxanne's wadrobe can be founnnd here!
hope you enjoy this chapter, everything's starting to unveil!